Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: 911
BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-11-2009 at 11:05 AM

Hard to believe that was 8 years ago. Still bothers me to this day and makes me angry when I think about it. RIP to all who passes that day and hats off to all soldiers that have sacrificed for us since then.

MM.
CR83

Mood: Harm's Way

[*] posted on 9-11-2009 at 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by metal mulisha
Hard to believe that was 8 years ago. Still bothers me to this day and makes me angry when I think about it. RIP to all who passes that day and hats off to all soldiers that have sacrificed for us since then.

MM.

Well put man. Well put.
random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-11-2009 at 08:16 PM

Agree with CR83... but does anyone (no offense intended to MM) think it's odd a Canadian made this thread? We're slacking.

Please read and, if you can, help out a friend: http://www.gofundme.com/jacobmedical.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 9-11-2009 at 08:26 PM

i hope it's not that we're slacking.
i hope it's that everyone deals differently.
personally, i've been trying to get this shit outta my head all god damn day.

first thing this morning, 7:25, i'm taking my kid to school, and on the local radio they say, "we're gonna rebroadcast our show from 9/11/01 in its entirety."

what?
WHO THE FUCK WANTS TO HEAR THAT?!
NOT FUCKING ME, I"LL TELL YA THAT RIGHT NOW.
STANDIN ON THE CORNER WATCHIN IT ALL WAS MOOOORE THAN ENOUGH FOR ME, PALLY.
THE LAST FUCKING THING I NEED IS TO RELIVE THAT SHIT.
NOOOOO THANKS!

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-11-2009 at 08:58 PM

I'm still pissed off that it happened, and the I'm pissed at the whole aftermath.
It pretty much scared the shit out of me and I remember thinking, fuck this is it.
I was listening to Stern at work in this huge warehouse i worked in. i was walking by one radio in the front, and at first i though it was howards usual bullshit, then i got to the back,and heard more on another radio and it was like fuck this really happened.
Alot of shit that went on afterwards pissed me off. In alot of situations it seemed that if you disagreed with anything Bush was saying or was doing, then you were a bastard to alot of people. Its hard to describe, but it brought alot of ugly shit to the surface that wassnt out in the open beforehand.

I don't know if flags were being raised at half staff everywhere today, but I was pleased to see ours was at work, and I don't even work for an American owned company.
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-11-2009 at 10:17 PM

I think one thing that Americans should never forget is that 9/11/01 wasn't an isolated event. It set off a chain of events that still going to this very day. Whether it's American(and Canadian, British etc) families losing their loved ones in Afghanistan and Iraq... or the millions of Muslims that have died because of the actions of both the Western militaries involved in those countries and the terrorists who have no qualms about suicide bombing the very people whose grievances they claim to represent.

It should never be forgotten that Muslims, and Sikhs and basically anyone that look "Middle Eastern" face a great deal of prejudice in certain quarters of the United States and in Europe. Many of our religious practices, especially traditional dress codes, are being attacked by so-called secular tolerant democracies. Nor should we forget those who have been picked up and detained for months and years without due process on mere suspicion and/or outright false charges.

The day of 9/11 was a horrible tragedy for the families that lost their loved ones and those that witnessed the goings on, especially those that were there. It was also a tragedy for millions millions more across the world that have been impacted by the resultant "war on terror." That shouldn't be forgotten, and sadly, usually is.

forsaken

[*] posted on 9-11-2009 at 11:21 PM

I still remember it like it was yesterday ... so many mixed feelings and I still dont know what to think.
EJD

[*] posted on 9-12-2009 at 12:02 AM

My personal story follows but I want to give big shout outs to MM for starting this respectful thread and to Dave Moral for his trenchant commentary.

Adherents to Islam do not deserve persecution because a vile political movement was started by their co-religionists. Nobody has ever persecuted me because I was born into the official religion of Fascism or because I currently subscribe to the official (non) religion of Communism. America can and should do better in this regard.

I was the last one to know.

I was supposed to be at work that night, which was unusual, so I got drunk at the Powderhouse Pub and slept in.

My roommates had all gone to work by the time I got up, and being hungover I didn't have the stomach to turn on the TV or check my email.

At around 1:00pm my appetite came back and I walked to McKinnon's in Davis to get a sub. There was 9/11 coverage on the McKinnon's TV but I was still sort of dazed and just assumed it was a plane crash or something.

McKinnon's staff, understandably dazed themselves, took forever to fill out my order.

At around 2:00pm I was nearly at my house when my very distressed longtime friend and former roommate bumped into me and broke the news.

Go To Top