Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Fucked Up win some cash
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 9-22-2009 at 10:09 PM
Fucked Up win some cash

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/reuters/090922/entertainment/cent...

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

Mood: Beltones

[*] posted on 9-23-2009 at 10:25 AM

Bizarre. I fucking love this band and am glad they won, but this shit is weird. The comments people left at the bottom of that article are annoying and moronic...

Veritas odium parit
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-23-2009 at 10:40 AM

i like them
wow
REV.PAULIE

[*] posted on 9-23-2009 at 10:49 AM

I don't get these guys,at alll...they're just a really bad Hardcore/Punk band with a fat bald guy who takes his clothes off...not for nuthin',I did that over 20 years ago,and no one ever gave me 20 grand! I mean,best of luck to 'em,but I think they're terrible.

Will learn to Tap Dance,eventually...Will have you broads Hula,definitely...Trust me,you'll see.
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-23-2009 at 11:29 AM

Their newest stuff is for the most pretentious art-core type stuff...but their EP's before they got ahead of themselves was some of the best core going. Negative Approach style HC with a rock vibe, good guitar work putting it ahead of the curve.
mattybar

[*] posted on 9-23-2009 at 11:57 AM

i've been skeptical about this band ever since i first heard they were involved with vice magazine.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 9-23-2009 at 12:02 PM

what was the deal with vice?

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 9-23-2009 at 12:09 PM

I've seen them 2-3 times and was bored every time. I tried listening to the EP's and the previous LP, I couldn't get into it then and still can't now. They are icons in Toronto, I just never got it. There was always atleast 5 other bands around town that I thought blew these guys away.

I don't know what involvement they have with Vice Magazine but they have put out stuff on Vice Records.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-23-2009 at 12:48 PM

the song circiling the drain is tight
LordActionWood

[*] posted on 9-23-2009 at 02:55 PM

I never understood the buzz around this band. I won't comment on the member's intentions on being in a hardcore band...they could be great people and legitmate hardcore lovers.....but it just seems like they are "the cool" hardcore band for people who are not into hardcore.

Help me understand. Everything I have heard by them bores me to death.....just seems like some hype machine got a hold of these guys and they blew up.
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-23-2009 at 03:05 PM

1. Started off by doing what all HC bands should so, release singles only. HC bands could not for the most part put together a good "album" to save their lives. This allowed them to smack you with two solid songs and go away. Small tastes don't bore people, making them want more.

2. Released all these on vinyl, creating a buzz and demand in music culture dominated by collectors.

Those two factors plus being hyped by certain "right" people in certain internet circles turned a little hype into a lot of hype.

After a certain amount of time the band seemingly gets full of themselves and starts writing more avant garde songs only loosely similar to their earlier songs and starts getting hype in "indie" circles that have traditionally fed off HC's leftovers.

They have released several things since that are better than a lot of things out there but still entirely uninteresting and pompous at the same time.

Non of their hype or any of this contest nonsense take away from the fact that those early singles (all compiled on the "Epics in Minutes" release) were some of the best HC to come out after '00. If you cant get into those songs you don't like good HC.

Go To Top