Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: New WIC songs up!
barc0debaby
Posting Freak

Mood: Punk as Fuck

biggrin.gif posted on 9-30-2009 at 09:01 PM
New WIC songs up!

http://www.myspace.com/wisdominchains

This is going to be the album of the year.

Drops November 3rd.

I wish these dudes would come out to the west coast.
BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-30-2009 at 09:09 PM

AAAhhhhhhhhh hell ya!!!

I am going to go berserk when this shit drops. The boys are getting together, getting drunk and going out to brawl.

MM.
bombidol
Posting Freak

Mood: Wisdom In Chains

[*] posted on 10-1-2009 at 02:06 PM

Holy shit thats good

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
DAK
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-1-2009 at 02:19 PM

:thumbup:
HardcoreTimes

Mood: Uppercut

[*] posted on 10-1-2009 at 04:31 PM

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-1-2009 at 06:11 PM

wow!
i love these guys
proud that they are from PA
everything they do manages to top the last thing...and thats fuckin cool
cant wait for this cd to come out
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 10-1-2009 at 06:35 PM

one of the raddest bands around these days.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
XnMeX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-1-2009 at 06:41 PM

I have never checked them out... Sounds good! I need to pick up some of their shit. Any suggestions?

morgan
Posting Freak

Mood: neighbors fighting

[*] posted on 10-1-2009 at 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by XnMeX
I have never checked them out... Sounds good! I need to pick up some of their shit. Any suggestions?

Class War was an awesome album.

Support the arts, shoot a rapper.
bombidol
Posting Freak

Mood: Wisdom In Chains

[*] posted on 10-1-2009 at 07:01 PM

Die Young is even better I think

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
necrobutcher

[*] posted on 10-1-2009 at 07:08 PM

Quote:

I would say start with Die Young. I was hooked on the first listen. Class War took me a few listens to really appreciate.
Vanilla Gorilla
Posting Freak

Mood: Yellow Stitches

[*] posted on 10-1-2009 at 07:30 PM

Good stuff

Well I've got a feeling I'm gonna get mine in. Retribution let the games begin.
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-1-2009 at 07:33 PM

First song is good, second two are kind of boring.
barc0debaby
Posting Freak

Mood: Punk as Fuck

[*] posted on 10-1-2009 at 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by necrobutcher
Quote:

I would say start with Die Young. I was hooked on the first listen. Class War took me a few listens to really appreciate.

They just re-released their self titled debut. I would get that and Die Young.
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 10-1-2009 at 09:47 PM

DIE YOUNG, CLASS WAR get both and this new sounds great too.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-1-2009 at 10:23 PM

So this is what happens when Blood for Blood leaves a void in the hardcore scene?

Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-1-2009 at 11:21 PM

not sure what that means...
BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-1-2009 at 11:31 PM

No this is what happens when a bunch of guys from a bunch of other bands put together all different kinds of punk, hardcore and oi and start a band. They draw on a lot of different influences and different bands. Perhaps Blood for Blood was one of them?

And I would hardly say that Blood for Blood left a void when the broke up. Sure they were a great band, but a void? hahaha come on now.

MM.
Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-2-2009 at 07:20 AM

To me that just sounds exactly like BFB with an occasional appearance by Lou from Sick of it All. Hey, whatever works.

Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-2-2009 at 08:23 AM

I don't hear B4B in that at all other than them both having guitar, bass and drums. Assuming your referring to the later B4B...because there's some "melodic/Oi-ish" parts? B4B didn't corner the market on that anymore than they cornered the market on gruff vocals and crooning (as much as Paulie wants to shake off any comparisons). I'm sure there's influence in there at a root level, as I'd bet they were fans of B4B...most people were or still are...I certainly don't hear a clone at any level.

I'd also agree with MM that B4B didn't create any kind of a void when they left hardcore. They had a large amount of people that liked their music, but it's not like they were atlas supporting the scene on their shoulders playing 6 shows a year towards the end and releasing albums where they covered their own songs for the most part to get out of record contracts. I know that sounds like I have some hate for the band but I don't...people just give them way more credit then they're due. The "scene" moved on w/o them and didn't miss a beat...exactly like it does when any band leaves.

I'm not even the biggest WiC fan, they have some great songs and a lot of so so songs, but people in WiC, mainly Joe and Ritchie have been playing in bands and involved in the HC scene for around 20 years, tour constantly and push their music. That's hardcore.

Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-2-2009 at 08:48 AM

That's cool. We'll all hear something different when we hear a band. I'm not dismissing WIC or anything. That was just the first and most apparent thing that came to mind. In their defense they did mix it up a little and offer a song that also sounded like something off "Demonstrate My Style".

With regard to BFB (and this is really another topic for another thread), they still sell hundreds of CD's each week. There is a huge demand for them. Non-fans won't want to acknowledge it but I'm willing to bet that they continuously sell more CD's than most of the bands that anyone would readily list as the all time most crucial hardcore bands. Time is going to be very good to BFB. And that's a bumout cuz I don't like some of the dudes from that band and I certainly don't wish a place in hardcore history for them. haha. If by some miracle they were to comeback with their classic line-up then "big" would not be the right word to describe it. That sort of demand that is backed up by numbers and $$ is indicative of a demand and a void in their absence. In fact, if some band were to come out now and just simply copy their sound and do it right then that band would be able to make a financially sound career out of it.

SS76
Posting Freak

Mood: RAMALLAH

[*] posted on 10-2-2009 at 08:50 AM

Never heard WIC before I saw them play with Agnostic Front and Death Before Dishonor. They sounded good, nothing special. But I became a big DBD fan after that show. And I agree with Jason, I don't hear B4B in that at all other than them both having guitar, bass and drums. Blood For Blood is so much better.

Silence is golden but violence is platinum.
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-2-2009 at 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Lind
That's cool. We'll all hear something different when we hear a band. I'm not dismissing WIC or anything. That was just the first and most apparent thing that came to mind. In their defense they did mix it up a little and offer a song that also sounded like something off "Demonstrate My Style".

With regard to BFB (and this is really another topic for another thread), they still sell hundreds of CD's each week. There is a huge demand for them. Non-fans won't want to acknowledge it but I'm willing to bet that they continuously sell more CD's than most of the bands that anyone would readily list as the all time most crucial hardcore bands. Time is going to be very good to BFB. And that's a bumout cuz I don't like some of the dudes from that band and I certainly don't wish a place in hardcore history for them. haha. If by some miracle they were to comeback with their classic line-up then "big" would not be the right word to describe it. That sort of demand that is backed up by numbers and $$ is indicative of a demand and a void in their absence. In fact, if some band were to come out now and just simply copy their sound and do it right then that band would be able to make a financially sound career out of it.

I have no doubt B4B still sells a ton of CD's...and will for a long time...even if they were a shit band, which they weren't...this would be the case. It's not like they were on Joe Schmoe records...Tony could sell water to a drowning man. That's not saying Victory is the reason they are popular...but you cannot deny it has played a large part in their longevity.

I guess I just don't equate CD sales with creating some type of vacuum in hardcore a band needs to fill.
Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-2-2009 at 09:08 AM

To me record sales are all that matters. Kids in punk rock and hardcore will pay lip service to any band that they think they need to pay lip service to. It's the bands that people put their money up for that matter. I've dealt with so many bands over the years that spend all their time trying to trick people into thinking they're popular. In the end it all comes down to record sales because that is a non-negotiable fact at the end of the day. Band one: "we have good marketing and an internet presence". Band two: "we sold 50,000 CD's". Band 2 wins.

And I think you're way off on the Victory Records thing. How many copies of Reach the Sky or Fury of Five are selling these days? Or ever have? Victory had some popular bands back when BFB signed with them but all of the bands that were signed at the same time aren't even a blip in the radar anymore except for Hatebreed. Sorta like when Hell-Cat started (different animal of course).... they signed US Bombs, Dropkick Murphys, Choking Victim, Pietasters, The Slackers, HepCat and the Gadjits. Well only one of those bands has sold over a million records and we all know who it is.

I guess I'd be curious what Andy has to add here.

Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-2-2009 at 09:19 AM

All those other band are not selling that many CD's because they were also not good or just flash in the pan novalty bands for a window in time. It doesn't matter how much you're promote a bad product, eventually people will realize it's a bad product and it will go away. To not think Victory played a part in B4B's wide spread popularity is naive. Victory spread the word wide and far and B4B had staying power because they were good and people could relate to them.

It's seems your void comment applies more to a band looking to be hardcore "superstars" and sales darlings than filling a sound/music void which is initially what you were insinuating. We're now on two different subjects.
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top