Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: bands you're happy you got to see...
Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-11-2009 at 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
the Misfits were always entertaining...sloppy as all hell,but really made everyone feel like fighting...sometimes,in a good way...sometimes,in a bad way...and Glenn used to be a really nice guy...I used to talk to him about the latest horror/gore films that were out,when I was a kid...he was cool...dunno what happened,there.

Dude goes and grows some pecs and everything changes.

Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-11-2009 at 01:15 AM

One I'm really glad I got to see.... probably 10 - 12 times too.... THE ANTI-HEROS. They're one of the few bands I can think back on seeing and still get chills thinking about it. They asked me to play bass for them 10 years ago on a 3 week tour with Agnostic Front. My job gave me the green light to take time off but I had just started there and I was concerned that it would affect my standing there so I didn't do it. Still at the job.... still kinda wish I did the tour.

REV.PAULIE

[*] posted on 10-11-2009 at 05:27 AM

The Anti-Heros!!! 'Friggin' love those guys...

I saw Mark MaGee when we played in Atlanta,this past winter...'don't know what's up with 'Noah...

this re-freshed GMM thing just came up on the Myspace...based outta Cali..I haven't ventured as to who's running it,yet..but,I can't see 'Noah just handing it over to some shlub...Pilot,or not!

The first 2 times that I actually ran into those cracka's were at the mornings after Oi! Fests,and at mexican restaurants...in the AM...

we were immediate friends.

Will learn to Tap Dance,eventually...Will have you broads Hula,definitely...Trust me,you'll see.
Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-11-2009 at 09:00 AM

Actually, I think Mark did hand it over to someone. He initially tried to hand it over to me. I had my hands full at the time and hadn't gone on the zoloft so the idea actually overwhelmed me when I should have been honored. Last time I heard from Mark was in 2004 and he was living in Key West with his wife. He had a side business going where he had purchased some WW2 bomber jets and was taking them around the country offering people private flights for a good chunk of change. You know him.... he's always got his hand in something. I think that he was able to start that business from the money he got from suing New Line Cinema over American History X... but that's speculation on my part.

Gordon from Patriot was living up here in Mass somewhere..... I think down on Cape Cod and he's working as a pilot now too. Mark basically took him under his wing and helped cheer him on through flight school. I saw Gordon at a Boston show in about 2006 and he said he was doing the WW2 flying with Mark when they could.

I'm gonna go on record as saying that Mark Noah is one of the greatest men to ever walk the face of this planet. Dude is a saint. He was unbelievably good to me and for the aforementioned reasons I lost touch with the guy. I'd love to be in contact with him again.

Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 10-11-2009 at 09:26 AM

Only saw the Anti-Heroes once, but it was fucking amazing. Great fucking band that doesn't get enough credit. They're just as important as The Bruisers in terms of the American Oi! scene.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-11-2009 at 03:21 PM

So glad I got to see Anti Heros. Pressure Point is another good one. I was always under the impression GMM was handed over to Pressure Point and/or Whiskey Rebels.

This is Mark's business, just check the "About Us" page: http://www.historyflight.com/index.htm

Please read and, if you can, help out a friend: http://www.gofundme.com/jacobmedical.
Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-13-2009 at 09:11 AM

Guess who I'm back in touch with? So psyched!

XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 10-13-2009 at 12:40 PM

what did he sue over American History X about? I dont think I know that story.

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
Vanilla Gorilla
Posting Freak

Mood: Yellow Stitches

[*] posted on 10-13-2009 at 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by XHonusWagnerX
what did he sue over American History X about? I dont think I know that story.

I could be wrong but i thought the fat nazihad a tattoo of the Anti-heros logo on his hand or something like that. I think they also wanted to make the nazi's big fans of the band and put flyers and stuff with there logos in scenes in the movie.

Well I've got a feeling I'm gonna get mine in. Retribution let the games begin.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

[*] posted on 10-13-2009 at 02:02 PM

Yep, it was a tattoo of their logo on the fat guys hand. On the video/dvd releases they digitally removed it. New Line Cinema asked the band if they could use it and they said no. The studio was stupid to think they wouldn't find out.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
Barnesey

[*] posted on 10-13-2009 at 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Discipline
Yep, it was a tattoo of their logo on the fat guys hand. On the video/dvd releases they digitally removed it. New Line Cinema asked the band if they could use it and they said no. The studio was stupid to think they wouldn't find out.

Curtis from Taang! actually gave them the green light but the band found out about it and contacted them.

Live Fast Die Young
Push It To The Limit \'Til The Coffin Calls
SS76
Posting Freak

Mood: RAMALLAH

[*] posted on 10-13-2009 at 05:00 PM

Murphy's Law. Every time.

Silence is golden but violence is platinum.
sippers

Mood: face value-the price of maturity

[*] posted on 10-14-2009 at 05:13 PM

YOUTH OF TODAY
VERBAL ASSUALT
WARZONE
BLOOD FOR BLOOD
FACE VALUE

Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-14-2009 at 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Discipline

Hence the song "NLC" on their last record (New Line Cinema). If you think about it, it's quite the powerful lawsuit. They trademarked their logo. So every violation is worth $250. So that's every showing on every screen in the entire world times $250 = jackpot! Of course, they probably settled for way less but they had every right. Defamation of character aside it was just a straight trademark violation and they had a lot of leverage. Taang didn't own that trademark.

Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

[*] posted on 10-14-2009 at 07:31 PM

The thing that made me laugh the most about the song NLC was the line about their (the band's) Jewish lawyer having a money attack. Just seemed the perffect thing when looking at what the lawsuit was about.

random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-14-2009 at 07:35 PM

And $250 a pop, while the song mentions suing for $25million. that's only 100,000 violations. even if you only get one violation per showing (instead of each ticket holder), that's only a handful of screenings per theater. shit, if only i could stand the thought of law school, i would have made them a ton of money and retired early (as opposed to still not having a real job).

Please read and, if you can, help out a friend: http://www.gofundme.com/jacobmedical.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top