Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: that east coast of oi fest 2010....
gavin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-10-2009 at 03:21 AM
that east coast of oi fest 2010....

got moved to philly
starland ballroom

you come at the king....you best not miss
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 10-10-2009 at 07:26 AM

why is there always so much controversy around this show?
i don't know anything about it, just that every year, people are worked up about something.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-10-2009 at 08:23 AM

found a rumor on another site that evil conduct and west side boys are playing.

BD - the main issue i've heard about and seen over the years is that this is one of the few shows where there's always a large presence of white power types who don't exactly hide their opinions. the promoter gets a lot of shit about other things, too, but the main source of controversy is the yearly expectation of tons of fights.

Please read and, if you can, help out a friend: http://www.gofundme.com/jacobmedical.
Craig Downtown

Mood: Rodent Emporium / Iron Maiden

[*] posted on 10-10-2009 at 09:00 AM

Hello gang....

Yep. Show was moved to Philly!

Controversy will ALWAYS be a part of this festival. Let's face it....It's an Oi! Show. It brings skins out from all over the world. Just the word "skinhead" freaks most folks out...doesn't it?!? the key here is EDUCATION.

The "nay-sayers" said this show wouldn't last the first five minutes of the first one back in 06!! They said there'd be fights everywhere.....They said there'd be violence. There was not. Ever.

Guess what...."THEY" were wrong. Three years strong, and NO VIOLENCE! If you wanna refer to the "bottle throwing" incident of 08 , you can. IT was not Politcally or racially stimulated. It was two drunk girls.....Someone got hit with one of them, and then a few more folks got involved in throwing them around. It was squashed as soon as it happened. (Not by the club security I must add). ZThis is one of the MANY reasons we have changed venues. ALSO due to the fact that the club did not allow re-entry and held everyone hostage for 12 hours a day....

Those who attend each year have an understanding with each other that this is a CONCERT...A place where you are not going to see all of these bands together in the US anywhere else....Of COURSE...there will be "drama makers" on the web.....That's the sick world we live in....

The East Coast Oi! Fest is NOT about politics.....It's NOT about being politically correct.....It's not about our government....or you agreement or disagreement with it's policies......It;s about brotherhood in a subculture......about gettign together and re-uniting with old freinds and making new ones...It;s for the working class...like-minded individuals......Not this group or that group....We've proved it time and time again....

I welcome and questions/comments/concerns...

dtsrip2@aol.com

Get your tickets at www.TheRealOiFest.Com

IT WILL SELL OUT!!

Cheers
Craig
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-10-2009 at 11:21 AM

damn this might be the first big show I have seen advertised in years where i am interested in more than 5 bands on the bill.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 10-10-2009 at 11:24 AM

I wish I could go.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 10-10-2009 at 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Discipline
I wish I could go.

once again...
you've got a place to stay.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
joey

[*] posted on 10-10-2009 at 12:49 PM

why the move to philly?
Craig Downtown

[*] posted on 10-10-2009 at 12:53 PM

Easier to get to by Plane, Train, and automobile.....

Better location all the way around...

Bigger venue....
better security
club re-entry
more hotels...

most folks never even heard of Poughkeepsie...

All questions/comments/concerns welcome at dtsrip2@aol.com cheers C.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 10-10-2009 at 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BD
Quote:
Originally posted by Discipline
I wish I could go.

once again...
you've got a place to stay.

Thanks, but once I'm as broke as an Ethiopian is hungry.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-10-2009 at 06:21 PM

so, i'm actually tempted to come back to the US for this show given the line-up keeps getting better... and craig, can you confirm this rumor about evil conduct (cause taht would be awesome)? but about what you said here...

Quote:
Originally posted by Craig Downtown
They said there'd be fights everywhere.....They said there'd be violence. There was not. Ever.

Guess what...."THEY" were wrong. Three years strong, and NO VIOLENCE! If you wanna refer to the "bottle throwing" incident of 08 , you can. IT was not Politcally or racially stimulated. It was two drunk girls.....Someone got hit with one of them, and then a few more folks got involved in throwing them around. It was squashed as soon as it happened. (Not by the club security I must add). ZThis is one of the MANY reasons we have changed venues. ALSO due to the fact that the club did not allow re-entry and held everyone hostage for 12 hours a day....

so, this is a straight up fucking lie, and i was standing right beside that when it went off (and a lot closer than you or damn near anyone else). oxblood played the version of "street fight" by skrewdriver that had the WP lyrics, and a handful of white power guys and girls sang along real loud and sieg-heiled along with it. lots of broken glass and a few punches thrown. it was absolutely politically/racially stimulated, and it was clear from the two sides. it wasn't squashed right away, and the allentown police department came in wearing riot gear. show ended before 4 skins played. i was one of those mature individuals who helped the club staff clean up the mess.

seriously, craig, i appreciate the effort you put in year after year, especially given all the bullshit, but be honest about what happened. lots of beer, lots of glass bottles, no re-entry, and not taking a strong stance against the extreme politics from the outset led to what happened, and you know it like everyone else. and i'm not saying that you shouldn't let WP skins into the show... just that there shouldn't be any pro-nazi or anti-nazi shit allowed in, be it an anti-swazi t-shirt, a landser shirt, or a swazi tat on the back of someone's head. cover up the political shit and wear a non-political shirt, and things run much smoother.

and next year's line-up is fucking killer. if i drop the cash to fly in, i hope one of you philly people will put me up for the weekend.

Please read and, if you can, help out a friend: http://www.gofundme.com/jacobmedical.
Vanilla Gorilla
Posting Freak

Mood: Yellow Stitches

[*] posted on 10-10-2009 at 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by juandiablo
damn this might be the first big show I have seen advertised in years where i am interested in more than 5 bands on the bill.

Well I've got a feeling I'm gonna get mine in. Retribution let the games begin.
Craig Downtown

[*] posted on 10-10-2009 at 06:44 PM

Yes, I am fully aware that Oxblood did SD. What I wasn't aware of, is why the bottles started flying....Yours is the FIRST comment I've seen with regards to anything being politically stimulated.As stated earlier, if the club security had done what we paid them to do, things would have been taken care of proplery and swiftly. It is CERTAINLY not an objective of mine to "lie" about anything....Which I will not do. At the end of the day, you and I (and the majority of folks in attendance) can agree that it was still handled very well without escalation. The 4-Skins were still able to play, which took MAJOR persuation towards the douche bag club owner.

It is certainly our "goal" to not allow "group" affiliation to be advertised at the fest....(see prior posts on myspace and other sites for that assurance.) However, having it on the skin as a tattoo, I cannot stop, but yes, it can be advised to cover it up. This is just one more reason we are flagging that club.

As far as RE-ENTRY....it WILL be allowed at the Starlight Ballroom.. This was a MAJOR factor that had to be taken care of before we agreed to terms with this venue!!

Any other questions / concerns / comments are very welcome!! I cal also be reached via email at dtsrip2@aol.com Cheers! Craig

Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-11-2009 at 08:06 AM

LOL dude got caught!
Craig Downtown

[*] posted on 10-11-2009 at 08:14 AM

Oh please. Stop the drama Jason.
Vanilla Gorilla
Posting Freak

Mood: Yellow Stitches

[*] posted on 10-11-2009 at 09:05 AM

I may try to go to this. If i do i am gonna need to meet up with any of you that may be in attendance, and some advice from local people on where to get a hotel, etc.

Well I've got a feeling I'm gonna get mine in. Retribution let the games begin.
Craig Downtown

[*] posted on 10-11-2009 at 09:07 AM

I will be getting hotel info up on the website within the next few weeks...there's a KILLER restaurant/bar right around the corner....Spaghetti Warehouse.....Cheap eats...but tasty! There's a couple nice hotels like 5 blocks down the street.....I will be looking into a few rental propertys as well.....I need a few weeks though!!
THORP
Super Administrator

Mood: Evil Conduct, Brains, Hank III

[*] posted on 10-11-2009 at 11:08 AM

Craig - can you shoot me an e-mail with vendor info?

andy@sailorsgraverecords.com
Craig Downtown

[*] posted on 10-11-2009 at 11:24 AM

Cool...Check your e-mail...thanks!
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-11-2009 at 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Craig Downtown
Oh please. Stop the drama Jason.

So that's what counts for drama these days?
Craig Downtown

[*] posted on 10-11-2009 at 12:13 PM

Calling someone a "liar" is pretty damn near it. :yawn:
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-11-2009 at 12:16 PM

Ok, I apologize and will suspend disbelief that it's not an attempt at spin and that a year later a random show goer knows more about what happened than its promoter....even with all the info and gossip available regularly on the net on a daily basis.
Craig Downtown

[*] posted on 10-11-2009 at 12:20 PM

I do know the activities fo that evening....Sometimes the promoter def. IS the last to realize WHY things happened.....With 50 bands performing, hospitality to care for, being 100 places at once..and such....yeah. I'd say I was a bit busy at the time it went on..When running a show of this magnitude, yeah. Sometimes you really don't get the time you would like to stop and watch....No spin.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-11-2009 at 01:05 PM

I'm thinkin I might wanna go to this, but damn an all day thing would kill me
Craig Downtown

[*] posted on 10-11-2009 at 01:07 PM

Don't worry old man!! HAHAHA!! (I'm right there with ya!! HAHAHAA!) Re-Entry is allowed, so you can go out and take a nap if ya like!!!
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top