Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: biggest assholes in music
sippers

Mood: face value-the price of maturity

[*] posted on 10-15-2009 at 05:09 PM

ray cappo was a douche when i met him..
jimmy gestapo is legendary nice
wattie is way cool and funny as hell took him to see a madball show in houston years ago.

ShawnRefuse
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-15-2009 at 05:11 PM

I love how this turned from an asshole thread to a praise thread.

I have to say Stigma was amazing to us the two times we played with him. He even wore our shirt at an Agnostic Front show he played up here to show support. Hands down the nicest hardcore star I have met.

Good punk/HC/oi shows coming up. Check out http://myspace.com/refuseresistband
random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-15-2009 at 05:14 PM

Mark Linskey is one of the nicest fucking guys you'll ever meet.

All the guys from Flatfoot 56 (including who I think is their dad/manager) were super nice. I thought I showed up late for a show (hour after doors open) at a bar, and I was one of about 3 people along with them.

Street Dogs - They played a show where I used to live, and about 15 people showed up. Afterwards, one of them was one the phone making some rude comments about the city and they people on the phone, and a lovely female pointed out he was acting like a total dick to those of us who actually did come out and support his band. He got mad and stormed off. Mike McColgan came over to see what happened, was super nice, and made the guy come over an apologize for being a dick.

Shutdown - Mark might be the friendliest and most humble guy I've ever met.

Please read and, if you can, help out a friend: http://www.gofundme.com/jacobmedical.
SS76
Posting Freak

Mood: RAMALLAH

[*] posted on 10-15-2009 at 06:13 PM

Rob Flynn from Machine Head. Asshole.
Jimmy G easily wins for coolest. A few years ago he had the whole club sing happy birthday to my dad and poured a bunch of Jager down his throat. I couldn't have bought a better present.

Silence is golden but violence is platinum.
necrobutcher

[*] posted on 10-15-2009 at 06:48 PM

Shadows Fall played at a venue a buddy of mine used to help out at. They came of as rock stars.

Cannibal Corpse played the same place. The band, especially George Fisher, we're awesome but their sound guy was a cocksucker.
M.Alki

[*] posted on 10-15-2009 at 09:03 PM

Suggs from Madness is a bit of an asshole and a few of my other friends who have encountered him have had similar opinions

Another good person i had the chance to meet many times before he passed was Joe Strummer, always warm and welcoming, really lovely dude.
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

Mood: Beltones

[*] posted on 10-15-2009 at 09:32 PM

I think it's a bit funny that Tim Armstrong is showing up in some folks "praiseworthy" list, he is right up there with his band mate Lars as one of the biggest douchebags I've ever had the displeasure of doing business with. The only member of that band that struck me as genuine or nice at all was Matt Freeman. My runners up for rock star attitude would be the entire band known as SNFU, but there have been plenty of other band members who have shown me shittiness before too.

On the flip side, I've met or dealt with lots of folks who impressed me with how nice they were to a complete stranger such as myself, who has a tendency to come off as an opinionated prick from time to time. The one and only time I got to see Sheer Terror, I briefly talked to Paul and he was as nice and friendly as they come. As I recall, there were some guys in a band called Razor Wire or something like that who had recently moved to the area and knew Paul already. One of those guys started talking shit about the hoodie I was wearing which had something about straight edge on it and Paul stepped in saying that I wasn't one of "those kind" of straight edge kids since I had been up front singing along to every song he had just played.

The Bouncing Souls were incredibly nice guys when I was one of a group of people who put on a show for them many years ago. At this point I can't really get into their music at all, but I still have several of their records that I keep based just on the fact that they were such great guys.

I've had some other great experiences meeting faces in the scene over the years, but after the rather rough week I've had, I'm having trouble bringing much of those to mind at the moment.

Veritas odium parit
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

Mood: Beltones

[*] posted on 10-15-2009 at 09:38 PM

Oh yeah, Dave Smalley was ridiculously nice and friendly the one time I got to talk to him. He was almost cheesy with his positive attitude, but somehow made it feel very genuine. At the time I was going by the nickname Nothin' which was shortened from Jon Nothin' since my full first name is Jonathan. As I recall, he signed something for me "to Nothin', you're really something" or something similar to that anyway. It seems corny now, but he seemed concerned that the name was some sort of reflection of self loathing or something.

I have a great story about meeting the guys from Sick Of It All back when they toured for Blood, Sweat, And No Tears, but I think I've already told that on here a time or two before.

Veritas odium parit
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 10-15-2009 at 09:55 PM

I talked with Vinnie Stigma for a half hour about guitars. What they recorded with over the years, how he learned and other shit. Dude was way cool. Kept bringing me beer.

The dude from NITZER EBB fell on the table in front of me and spit out his acid on it. Dude was smashed. Dave Gahan wanted to kick our ass cause he thought we did something to him and then he prceeded to take the singer carried him to the hospital down the street. Fuck that 4 foot 5 bitch. DM is a good band though. Don't give a shit.

Don Foose from SPUDMONSTERS is always nice.

Ezec was always cool to hang with.

Never hung out with Jimmy G outside of a show but he is always great to talk too before or afters shows.

Toby from H2o was kind of a dick, but that was at the warped tour so he probably thought I was some douchbag anyway. Met his wife a couple times and she was way awesome to talk too. Super nice. Rusty was really cool too.

Lou and Pete SOIA way fucking cool. Super nice. Pete even remembered me from a earlier meeting at a previous show. Didn't let him know but I was floored.

Waddie was cool, but hammered drunk so whatever.

GBH the entire band for the 1994 tour they did, way nice.

Met a black chick who was from THE BOMB GANG GIRLS. Basically a backup singer of MY LIFE WITH THE THRILL KILL KULT. Then the fag signer from MLWTTKK canned us from hanging out with her. Dude is a flaming fag and huge fucking druggie.

Dwid is always cool. Alot of people hate the dude but he has always been nothing but cool to me.

Chubby really does like to talk shit. Its funny, he is every bit what you think he is.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-16-2009 at 09:15 AM

Dave Mustaine is my favorite asshole.

ChadBeantown

[*] posted on 10-16-2009 at 01:33 PM

I asked Mark Lind for an autograph once and he told me to go shit in my hat!!

barc0debaby
Posting Freak

Mood: Punk as Fuck

[*] posted on 10-16-2009 at 04:05 PM

Met Don Bolles the other night, he was really cool and down to earth. Dude goes to jam nights every week at the local bars and just hangs out.
jonspz

[*] posted on 10-22-2009 at 02:09 PM

this one crushed me since i was a fan.when i heard we where playing with them iwas excited. but....

casey r -Di's - we ( lost gen) where on tour with uk subs back in 90 and they used all our gear, so just the way things worked the best was for us to go on right before them. and i guess we where " nobodys" and they where so " big" out there they had such a attitude about " opening " up for us..lol was so silly. we could care less when we went on other than have to tear down the drum kit.I never cared where my band went on in order of shows.

on better note. i remeber when we payed with GBH and the drummer came up to me and said "hey. might as well use my kit so you dont even have to set yours up in front of it and then have to take it down.. this is rented kit . beat it to shit..lol"....we partied hard with those guys. they dedicated drug party 926 to us. ahh the good ole days. that was at the club 'streets' in ny state somwhere for anyone who remebers that place. :cool:

and like other said. stigma is so cool and has time for most anyone, love peopel like that.
mark lind himself was one of the cooliest peopel ive met in my years of playing music.

but like mark l said. I find that most musicans are not the the best of poeople. too much ego. i tend to hang around more with 9-5 working stiffs in real life.

peace
Jon

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top