Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Don't get a Flu Shot
Vanilla Gorilla
Posting Freak

Mood: Yellow Stitches

[*] posted on 10-22-2009 at 03:55 PM
Don't get a Flu Shot

Don't get a flu shot. You've been warned. This is the strangest thing ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mScGC7nFDxM&feature=popular

Well I've got a feeling I'm gonna get mine in. Retribution let the games begin.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 10-22-2009 at 03:59 PM

WHAT?!

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-22-2009 at 04:09 PM

WTF?!?

ShawnRefuse
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-22-2009 at 04:14 PM

that's f'd. wrong side of one in a million.

Good punk/HC/oi shows coming up. Check out http://myspace.com/refuseresistband
CR83

Mood: Harm's Way

[*] posted on 10-22-2009 at 04:17 PM

NO way this is real. This is just too out there for me. Shit is wild. If it is true, that is so sad.
moforn

[*] posted on 10-22-2009 at 04:40 PM

The story doesn't really establish that the dystonia was actually caused by the shot (not saying it wasn't, but you'd think that would be a pretty important part of the feature). To play devil's advocate, even if this was a result of the vaccine the alternative (no one getting the vaccine) could potentially lead to thousands of deaths.
I have to wonder what relevance the fact that she's "beautiful" has to her hardship, the anchors kept saying it... would it have been less tragic if she was a homely gal?
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 10-22-2009 at 06:50 PM

WTF? That is awful.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
M.Alki

[*] posted on 10-22-2009 at 07:12 PM

That shit is fukin awful. Thats super scary if that is genuinely because of the shot.
random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-22-2009 at 07:33 PM

it's possible, thought i want the real odds and not just pseudo-journalistic numbers. realistically, many vaccines have live but severely weakened strains of the virus so your body can overpower the virus and develop antibodies, which is why there's always a small chance you will still get sick. the usual trade-off here is a high chance of getting a little sick (flu, which *can* be deadly) versus a very, very small chance of some fucked up shit like this... most people treat that small chance like it's zero since it's so close... but that's a fucked up outcome when it happens.

Please read and, if you can, help out a friend: http://www.gofundme.com/jacobmedical.
barc0debaby
Posting Freak

Mood: Punk as Fuck

[*] posted on 10-22-2009 at 09:15 PM

She said she came down with the flu 10 days after, which is impossible. Flu vaccines are incapable of causing the flu. They can cause allergic reactions at worst or normal immune responses like low grade fever, soreness.

The shot contains a dead virus, it has no capability of reproducing. The nasal spray is a severly weakened live strain and has no capability of reproducing. Thousands of recruits get the nasal spray every month passing through bootcamp and nobody ever gets the flu.

There is a well document type of the disease she suffers from, which is called psychogenic Dystonia that occurs from psychological disturbances and other neurological shit that is above my comprehension. Here is a good link about it http://www.dystonia-foundation.org/pages/more_info/86.php

"Importantly, in all but the most unusual cases, the process is completely subconscious. The individual is not consciously aware of causing the abnormal movements."

I think it is irresponsible journalism at its finest here. We don't know what really caused this to happen to her, there is NO scientific/medical evidence that has linked her disorder to her flu shot. Its just more flu scare/hype.
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 10-23-2009 at 10:41 AM

I posted in the other flu shot thread about a full office of about a dozen people being off work sick for a full week after getting flu shots last season. In their head or not, fuck the flu shot.

I couldn't understand what the hell this chick said but I don't recall hearing anyone say she got the flu 10 days later, she got this Dystonia 10 days later. Legit scientific proof or something else, still say fuck the flu shot :)

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-23-2009 at 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by barc0debaby
She said she came down with the flu 10 days after, which is impossible. Flu vaccines are incapable of causing the flu. They can cause allergic reactions at worst or normal immune responses like low grade fever, soreness.

The shot contains a dead virus, it has no capability of reproducing. The nasal spray is a severly weakened live strain and has no capability of reproducing. Thousands of recruits get the nasal spray every month passing through bootcamp and nobody ever gets the flu.

There is a well document type of the disease she suffers from, which is called psychogenic Dystonia that occurs from psychological disturbances and other neurological shit that is above my comprehension. Here is a good link about it http://www.dystonia-foundation.org/pages/more_info/86.php

"Importantly, in all but the most unusual cases, the process is completely subconscious. The individual is not consciously aware of causing the abnormal movements."

I think it is irresponsible journalism at its finest here. We don't know what really caused this to happen to her, there is NO scientific/medical evidence that has linked her disorder to her flu shot. Its just more flu scare/hype.

I agree that there is a huge piece of the puzzle missing here. But I'm pretty sure that I read somewhere that the H1N1 vaccine includes a mild strain of a live virus.

Brit

[*] posted on 10-23-2009 at 11:08 AM

Terrifying. And so sad, that poor girl :(

"I was born to hustle roses down the avenues of the dead." - c.bukowski

music - buy my EP! + iTunes + facebook + myspace
barc0debaby
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-23-2009 at 04:02 PM

Quote:

I agree that there is a huge piece of the puzzle missing here. But I'm pretty sure that I read somewhere that the H1N1 vaccine includes a mild strain of a live virus.

The nasal spray does contain a mild strain, but it is weakened to the point of not being able to replicate itself, self replication being the key feature of any virus.

The whole point of vaccines are not to give you a weaker illness, but introduce it to your immune system so it memorizies that particular virus and is able to create an efficient defense should you be exposed to it again. The best analogy I can think of is a lock and key. The virus has a specific protein structure, and if your antibodies have been exposed before they remember what that structure is and are able to link up and kill the virus cells.

I did a lot of study on the immune system for biology last semester, but the particular details of how it works I can't remember.
random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-23-2009 at 05:21 PM

Some are live-but-weakened viruses, some are dead. MMR is one that I think is a severely weakened but still live virus. I checked Wikipedia (and before someone complains, it's highly accurate for everything except pop culture bullshit)... MMR is weakened but alive, and flu is dead. Not sure about H1N1. Hep B and HPV are something different than both, where they provide partial immunity of some sort that I'm too lazy to read about any more.

So glad this thread hasn't devolved to a "vaccinations cause autism" debate.

Please read and, if you can, help out a friend: http://www.gofundme.com/jacobmedical.
barc0debaby
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-23-2009 at 08:47 PM

Quote:

So glad this thread hasn't devolved to a "vaccinations cause autism" debate.

Agreed. Personally I'm not gonna get the vaccine, I've only had it once in my life and have not become retarded or died from the flu yet. There is just a lot of ignorance in the flu shot debate, so if my primitive knowledge can be a positive I'm am happy to yammer on.
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-23-2009 at 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by barc0debaby

The whole point of vaccines are not to give you a weaker illness, but introduce it to your immune system so it memorizies that particular virus and is able to create an efficient defense should you be exposed to it again. The best analogy I can think of is a lock and key. The virus has a specific protein structure, and if your antibodies have been exposed before they remember what that structure is and are able to link up and kill the virus cells.

My problem with this is this isn't the way the immune system has developed over time. How do we normally get these viruses? They usually enter from the mouth or nose when we breathe, or touch things and rub our faces with the virus on our hands. Then we get the normal immune system response of runny nose, coughing etc as the body tries to defend itself. The immune system kicks in.

When you inject a vaccine, you bypass all the basic immune system alarms, the system isn't triggered as it would be naturally by this system bypass a vaccine gives.

I read one Adelaide doctor's book about vaccines & immunology and I'm pretty sure this was in there but I don't have it so I can't look up the exact details, but that was the gist of it.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
jonnynewbreed
Posting Freak

Mood: Quite nice actually.

[*] posted on 10-23-2009 at 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by moforn
The story doesn't really establish that the dystonia was actually caused by the shot (not saying it wasn't, but you'd think that would be a pretty important part of the feature). To play devil's advocate, even if this was a result of the vaccine the alternative (no one getting the vaccine) could potentially lead to thousands of deaths.
I have to wonder what relevance the fact that she's "beautiful" has to her hardship, the anchors kept saying it... would it have been less tragic if she was a homely gal?

Are you going to get one? If you had a choice (I know that health care front line workers must take it) would you still take it?

Is it a conspiracy to rid the world of 2/3 of the population as the Youtube wackos say or is it legit?

I'm confused and am not sure what to do.
barc0debaby
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-23-2009 at 11:44 PM

Glenn Beck has been bashing the vaccine for weeks now, and then when asked on the O' Reilly show if he was going to get it he said that he isn't going to tell, then called his fans zombies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZhXQtr0vCs

Good times.
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-24-2009 at 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jonnynewbreed
(I know that health care front line workers must take it)

A lot of them are also against taking it and not taking the shots. The Canadian Army forced vaccination on soldiers years ago and they were sued & lost, forced vaccination breaches basic human rights so you can choose not to get it regardless of your occupation.

jonnynewbreed
Posting Freak

Mood: Quite nice actually.

[*] posted on 10-24-2009 at 07:58 AM

Oh I know, i'm just curious. I work with a dude who is a major conspiracy theorist and he showed me a vid the other day from some doc in Finland saying that the vaccine is meant to rid the world of half it's population.

I'm skeptical about everything and just wanted to get a medical professionals (who is also a good friend who I trust) opinion.

So Stanley...shot or no shot?
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-24-2009 at 08:58 AM

I got some Toronto doctor on my facebook friends list who has more degrees than anyone should have and he frequently posts in the anti-vaccination groups heh. But for every dozen anti-vaccine doctors and scientists there's about 2-3 dozen pro-vaccination ones.

I haven't looked at any of these sites, first one is his:

http://www.BrainGuardMD.com
http://www.BrightStepsForward.org
http://www.Therapies4Kids.com
http://www.VacTruth.com
http://www.Vaccinerights.com

And his degrees is a plenty haha

* Nipissing University, North Bay Ontario '90
* B.A., Psychology, Canadian law,

* Laurentian University Sudbury Ontario '92
* M.A., Human Development - Child

* University of Ottawa, ON '93
* P.H.D., Clinical Neuropsychology/Experiemntal Psychology/ sub-specialization Neuroscience

* University of Toronto -Rotman Research Institute '97
* Doctoral research as part of U of O degree, Cognitive Neuroscience; Neurophysiology

* McMaster University, Hamilton, Ont. '00
* M.D., Medicine

barc0debaby
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-24-2009 at 11:32 AM

Good intentions, but negligence and sloppy preparation is a plausible scenario. But killing half the population is batshit insane. The backlash from people finding out, would be catastrophic.

Conspiracy theorists need to give it a rest. Its just like that south park 9-11 episode. The best kept secret ever.
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-25-2009 at 05:42 AM

Apparently she has Guillan-Barre Syndrome which presents dystonia symptoms. Rare but possible side effect in some people with vaccinations.

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-25-2009 at 07:16 PM

My son's younger brother is in the hospital right now with Swine Flu.....
this sucks
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top