Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Slapshot bootleg shirt
panzerkreuzer
Posting Freak

Mood: gang green

[*] posted on 12-1-2009 at 11:24 AM
Slapshot bootleg shirt

thereīs a guy in florida who does bootlegs of the "where men are men" shirt and lots of other bands too. worth checking out.
itīs the first time i see a impact unit shirt!!!
www.myspace.com/negativereinforcementfl

REV.PAULIE

[*] posted on 12-1-2009 at 12:13 PM

I just sent this fuck an email about his ST design...I really don't care what this fucks intentions are,or even if he made all of 50 cents off of the shrt - it's bootleging.I don't know this jerk,and I was certainly not asked for permission to print anything.For some reason,people in this "scene" think that it's cool to do crap like this,and that no one gets hurt by doing so.I barely made a fucking dime for my efforts in the music business,compared to a lot of my "peers",and shit like this isn't taken as a "tribute",but a belligerent "fuck you".If some kid printed up a shirt or two for him and his friends- no problem.But to sell them for even a pittance of profit?Fuck no.And anyone who supports people like this are not not being "fans",but feeding into the hands of idiots who think that they can piss all over any artist's rights in the name of "punk" and "d.i.y ethics" that they've truly never understood.If you know anyone in any of the bands that this guy is bootleging,I advise you to let them know and see how they feel about it.

Will learn to Tap Dance,eventually...Will have you broads Hula,definitely...Trust me,you'll see.
3rdDistrict

[*] posted on 12-1-2009 at 12:13 PM

my friiiiiend, the piiiiiiit

XnMeX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-1-2009 at 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
I just sent this fuck an email about his ST design...I really don't care what this fucks intentions are,or even if he made all of 50 cents off of the shrt - it's bootleging.I don't know this jerk,and I was certainly not asked for permission to print anything.For some reason,people in this "scene" think that it's cool to do crap like this,and that no one gets hurt by doing so.I barely made a fucking dime for my efforts in the music business,compared to a lot of my "peers",and shit like this isn't taken as a "tribute",but a belligerent "fuck you".If some kid printed up a shirt or two for him and his friends- no problem.But to sell them for even a pittance of profit?Fuck no.And anyone who supports people like this are not not being "fans",but feeding into the hands of idiots who think that they can piss all over any artist's rights in the name of "punk" and "d.i.y ethics" that they've truly never understood.If you know anyone in any of the bands that this guy is bootleging,I advise you to let them know and see how they feel about it.

Not to mention you can tell this is about profit and not "the love" since he has the "Red Meat" Slapshot shirt above and then sells a bunch of VEGAN shirts...

MyOwnWay
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-2-2009 at 03:53 PM

I'll never... And I mean never... Understand how people with their simple minds can justify bootleging merch or illegal downloads of bands... In the name of supporting them... Especially in this style of music.

If theres an album you want... Ordered it. (out of print excluded obviousley)
If theres a shirt style you want but its out of print... Too fucking bad. You missed out.

XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 12-2-2009 at 08:19 PM

I told Chris about those shirts but I dont know if he did anything about it. I'm pissed too because it takes away form people that may buy shirts from me. Plus the print isnt even that good.

Quote:
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
barc0debaby
Posting Freak

Mood: Punk as Fuck

[*] posted on 12-2-2009 at 11:27 PM

"If you don't bootleg my music your a pussy"- Immortal Technique.

Always thought that was a cool stance to take.
wez138

Mood: TMMB's.

[*] posted on 12-2-2009 at 11:59 PM

I dunno,its kinda a hard thing to figure out,i know a fair few bands who really don't give a shit.

But then on the other hand its like what paul said he has put time and effort into what he did over the years and got nothing in return (which i'm sure was never his intention moneywise) but the man has bills to pay and needs to eat. So when bootleggers get asked to stop by people who designed or morally own the rights (because this is not just about legal rights,its more moral) Then the least they could do is heed the words and stop when that individual or persons ask them too. Yeah punk rock is to me about free medium,but its also the rights of the individual who feels like someone is taking the piss out of them (like paul clearly does).

Also the guy who prints them is A) either a moron. Or B) just could not care less.

Because any sheer terror fan would guess that paul would not be fine with this shit after years of singing, crooning and screaming about what he believes in.

Living a life kept shut by a dream,
I'm reaching out to grasp my reality.
Hands of time wrap tight around my neck, and hit me so hard,
leaving me eyes black.
staring at a ceiling,
wondering why i never left,
penning words in a notebook,
wondering why haven't slept.
sanity is tapping in a cell
inside my fucking head.
begging for redemption
after hearing what was said.
the nights, they will not sleep
cause the days, have played for keeps.
XHonusWagnerX

[*] posted on 12-3-2009 at 09:20 AM

Its also really shitty that he is printing shirts of active bands.

He does DROPDEAD shirts.... Dropdead still exists and Ben the guitar player owns a record store and lable that sells Dropdead merch!

There are Slapshot shirts available in a bunch of different places so why do a bootleg?

Now all that said I will admit I own some bootleg shirts, but I still dont get bootlegging an active or even semi-active band that has merch available! I also dont respect someone that makes all their money from bootlegs. You wanna print one shirt for your friends because the band doesnt do that design anymore then go for it, but that kids got a 'buisness' going.

Quote:
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

XnMeX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-3-2009 at 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by XHonusWagnerX

He does DROPDEAD shirts.... Dropdead still exists and Ben the guitar player owns a record store and lable that sells Dropdead merch!

There are Slapshot shirts available in a bunch of different places so why do a bootleg?

Now all that said I will admit I own some bootleg shirts, but I still dont get bootlegging an active or even semi-active band that has merch available! I also dont respect someone that makes all their money from bootlegs. You wanna print one shirt for your friends because the band doesnt do that design anymore then go for it, but that kids got a 'buisness' going.

Hit him up about the Slappy stuff. Why should he pocket the money.

I am gonan bootleg BVC shirts ;)

XHonusWagnerX

[*] posted on 12-3-2009 at 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by XnMeX
Quote:

I give you permission to bootleg a BVC shirt... just send me one ;)

Its REALLY lame because I wanna get that bootleg Slappy shirt and I'll end up paying for it!

Quote:

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

XnMeX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-3-2009 at 06:21 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by XnMeX
Quote:

I give you permission to bootleg a BVC shirt... just send me one ;)

Its REALLY lame because I wanna get that bootleg Slappy shirt and I'll end up paying for it!

Tell him to cease and desist as you are the bassist and you want any and all remaining stock sent to you. ;)

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-3-2009 at 08:14 PM

not that it has to do with any of this but i really wish i had my old sheer terror and slapshot shirts still, and i dont even know which slag girlfriend i lived with took em / got left there when i moved....bla
XHonusWagnerX

[*] posted on 12-3-2009 at 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by juandiablo
not that it has to do with any of this but i really wish i had my old sheer terror and slapshot shirts still, and i dont even know which slag girlfriend i lived with took em / got left there when i moved....bla

what Slapshot shirt did you have?

Quote:

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

wez138

Mood: TMMB's.

[*] posted on 12-4-2009 at 06:32 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by juandiablo

what Slapshot shirt did you have?

Secrets hahah.

Living a life kept shut by a dream,
I'm reaching out to grasp my reality.
Hands of time wrap tight around my neck, and hit me so hard,
leaving me eyes black.
staring at a ceiling,
wondering why i never left,
penning words in a notebook,
wondering why haven't slept.
sanity is tapping in a cell
inside my fucking head.