Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Integrity
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 6-1-2005 at 07:35 PM
Integrity

I've been on a real Integrity kick today and have been listening to them all day. Seeing as we seem to have a real varied selection of listening tastes around here, I thought I'd ask what other people think of them. I don't love everything they've ever done but they have some really amazing shit. Especially their old stuff.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
KyleOz
* CHOPS OF DOOM *

Mood: Social Distortion

[*] posted on 6-1-2005 at 07:40 PM

This is too weird, it is the same here man. To Die For, Seasons in the Size of Days and Humanity is the Devil have been spinning regularly for the past few weeks. To Die For the sound quality is superb, one of the good things about deathwishinc.

I've had a few chances to see them too. Unfortunately something always came up.

angus yeoman: what are cats supposed to do? distract you from the fact that you\'re distracted by everything else?

http://www.myspace.com/kyleoz
Todd

[*] posted on 6-1-2005 at 08:57 PM

never heard of them.
moron
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-1-2005 at 09:15 PM

I love them.

Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

[*] posted on 6-1-2005 at 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Todd
never heard of them.

That really surprises me. I actually expected you to come on here and say they suck because (insert reason here).:D

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 6-1-2005 at 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Todd
never heard of them.

hahahahahaha!

That time you guys played with them at The Chameleon (you may recall, I was wearing ice spikes in the pit, leaving bloody skinheads in my wake), Rennie was in the back (which is really the front, i guess) going off about having to drive all the way to Lancaster to play with a bunch of lousy bands. "fuck integrity, they fucking suck" ...right in front of Dwid. ...of course!

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
Todd

[*] posted on 6-1-2005 at 10:20 PM

I'm sorry Discipline, I was trying to be funny but as usually happens I failed again. Not a fan. Had some unpleasant encounters with them over the years but at this point it's irrelevant.

Duane, for such a nice family man and all around good guy, there was something horribly wrong, or oh so right, about you in those days. I guess it's our inability to hide our disgust for all things sucky that has kept us in teh toilet for 15 years.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-2-2005 at 05:49 AM

i don't like em. i have the in contrast of sin 7 inch and i'll mail it to any of you guys who want it for free. its on white vinyl i think and in playable condition.....drop me a line if yer interested
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 6-2-2005 at 06:36 AM

i like Systems Overload, but Integrity 2000 TOTALLY turned me off to them. was there anything worth listening to after that?

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
dustone

Mood: new Pride Kills

[*] posted on 6-2-2005 at 06:45 AM

Integ was best when Frank 3 Gun and the Melnick bros were in the band. I saw them in 96 at the original Peabodys when Dwid and Human Furnace did Vocal Test together in ski masks like they had just knocked off a gas station.
moron
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-2-2005 at 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BIG DUANE
i like Systems Overload, but Integrity 2000 TOTALLY turned me off to them. was there anything worth listening to after that?

Im pretty sure Humanity is the Devil came out before Integrity 2000. Maybe last year or the year before they put out an EP on Deathwish called To Die For that's really good. Integrity 2000 isnt an official "Integrity" release from what I understand. It's sort of a collaboration I believe, and it includes at least one member of Mushroomhead. That shit is terrible.

Shane
* THORP STAFF *

Mood: Kids Like Us - Outta Control

[*] posted on 6-2-2005 at 09:24 AM

Gah! Integ 2000 was TERRIBLE. Don't touch that shit with a beekeeper suit on.

Otherwise, Integrity is fucking great. I was so pleased with To Die For. That record kicks ass. Just needed to be longer. Humanity is the Devil is by far my favorite though. I still listen to that record and it's almost 10 years later.
viva hate

Mood: choking victim

[*] posted on 6-2-2005 at 10:37 AM

i don't know their albums by title but i never cared for them.

let\'s scrub that sensitivity with some sandpaper....
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
Gooch

Mood: Government Warning

[*] posted on 6-2-2005 at 12:22 PM

Its funny, I replied to a blurb about Integrity in the AF thread, then I see this thread.

Anyway, old Integrity rules. I remember getting the 'In Contrast of Sin' 7" when it came out and I was totally blown away. To this day its still my favorite record of theirs.
Those Who Fear Tomorrow is awesome. Systems is OK. Humanity is the Devil is great, everything after that sucks.

My mind is Clear, Free from hurt. My mind is Clear, Value its worth!
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

[*] posted on 6-2-2005 at 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BIG DUANE

Check out Closure, had some cool tracks on it.

BL

Mood: PEOPLE TYPING

[*] posted on 6-2-2005 at 04:05 PM

INTEGRITY WAS THE SHIT! IN CONTRAST OF SIN, HOOKED LUNG STOLEN CUNT, HUMANITY IS THE DEVIL, YOU NAME IT! THAT WAS SICK WHEN COACH FRESH WAS ON DRUMS DURING THE DEMO DAZE... I ALSO SAW FRESH PLAY DRUMS WHEN THEY WERE ON TOUR... HE KNOWS WHATS UP, HE SAID THAT SHOWCASE CORONA IS LIKE THE CBGB"S OF THE WEST COAST... I COULDNT HAVE PUT IT BETTER.

CHEERS
BL

tireironsaint
* BANNED *

Mood: Beltones

[*] posted on 6-2-2005 at 06:55 PM

I used to be a big Integrity fan back in those early days, which is weird considering I hate metal and metal posing as Hard Core even more. I still have all my old Integrity stuff from the In Contrast Of Sin 7 inch on up until Humanity Is The Devil. After that I lost interest and when Psywarfare or whatever came out I pretty much was disgusted. I did pick up To Die For and some of that was pretty good, but I wasn't too terribly surprised when the final tour ended the way it did.

Veritas odium parit
BL

Mood: PEOPLE TYPING

[*] posted on 6-3-2005 at 02:01 PM

HAVE YOU HEARD STATE OF CONVICTION... SOME OLD CLEVO HARDCORE... BRUTAL SHIT...

CHEERS
BL

Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

[*] posted on 6-3-2005 at 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tireironsaint
I used to be a big Integrity fan back in those early days, which is weird considering I hate metal and metal posing as Hard Core even more. I still have all my old Integrity stuff from the In Contrast Of Sin 7 inch on up until Humanity Is The Devil. After that I lost interest and when Psywarfare or whatever came out I pretty much was disgusted. I did pick up To Die For and some of that was pretty good, but I wasn't too terribly surprised when the final tour ended the way it did.

What happened on the tour?

clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 6-3-2005 at 03:24 PM

Its funny, I replied to a blurb about Integrity in the AF thread, then I see this thread.

Anyway, old Integrity rules. I remember getting the 'In Contrast of Sin' 7" when it came out and I was totally blown away. To this day its still my favorite record of theirs.
Those Who Fear Tomorrow is awesome. Systems is OK. Humanity is the Devil is great, everything after that sucks.

^^^^^^ I second this. I saw INTEGRITY PLAY back in 90 and pretty much every show they had in cleveland until 96 at the NEUROSIS EYEHATEGOD INTEGRITY WARZONE show at PEABODY'S in 96. I have never even heard anything on cd since HUMANITY. That one with the silver cover just sucked. I sold that the moment I bought it. I saw them play at their SUPPOSED reunion at the new PEABODY'S in I think 99 and it was ok but half the band wasn't even the reunion band.
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 6-3-2005 at 03:28 PM

The first INTEGRITY show was at the BABYLON A GOGO w/ INSTED and DWID had blue hair. They were rad though. Great shows.

TODD. Tell us about the shit you guys had to deal with. I got a couple stories too but probably not as good as your's being from another state and all. I have heard some funny shit about them and other bands in other cities and Dwid.

Please dude. I could go for some funny stories.
Todd

[*] posted on 6-3-2005 at 06:40 PM

It's nothing real Maury Povich or anything, but we've always had a real low tolerance for bands that don't treat other bands well and convince themselves, and a few others, that they're much bigger than they really are. To be honest, I've probably listened to about 3 Integ songs over the years and the 2 (?) times we played with them I went outside.

If you want some good stories you may want to ask about certain prominent members of the NYHC community and a certain trip to Cleveland.

I got no time for old beefs like that. I have new people to hate and I don't want a backlog.

Todd

[*] posted on 6-3-2005 at 08:12 PM

Ok, Here's a story for you that Rennie just reminded me of: Me and Ren went to see Supertouch and Judge, Integrity, and Turning Point were also on the bill. So I guess during Integrity's set I fell asleep on a bench in the back and some nice girl woke me up and said "hey, are you ok?" and apparently I started screaming at her "no I'm not fucking ok, look at this fucking show for god's sake, this is a fucking abomination, etc" at the top of my lungs. Now I know some of you would invent a time machine to go see this show but from someone that was there...YAWN.

tireironsaint
* BANNED *

Mood: Beltones

[*] posted on 6-3-2005 at 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Discipline
Quote:
Originally posted by tireironsaint

What happened on the tour?
Condensed version: Apparently a bunch of SHARPS attacked the band for letting Chubby play with them because he's associated with the supposed nazis of One Life Crew. After that they cancelled the rest of the tour and broke up for good.

Veritas odium parit
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 6-4-2005 at 11:40 AM

That was just a couple years ago in OREGON or something right?
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top