Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Dental work
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

Mood: Beltones

[*] posted on 12-29-2009 at 04:30 PM
Dental work

Woke up at 3 in the morning the day after xmas in horrible pain, made it through the weekend and had a consultation with the dentist yesterday. He gave me the option of a root canal and crown combo that has a good chance of not working out for 2500 smackers or just yanking it. I went with option B and was given prescriptions for antibiotics and pain killers. I got started on the antibiotics immediately and went back today to get the tooth pulled. They shot me up so many times I lost count and that fucking tooth still wouldn't go numb. The rest of my face sure as fuck did though, in fact I can't blink or close my left eye without using my hand. Now I have to finish off a LARGE bottle of antibiotics and go back again to get the damn thing out in a couple weeks. Merry xmas and a happy new year to me...

Veritas odium parit
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-29-2009 at 05:51 PM

I have a fear of dental work.
Had some bad experiences.
The last root canal was a disaster.
In the future if it can't be seen, I'm telling the guy to yank it.
Not like my insurance pays much into it, and no way in hell do i have that kind of cash.
..and i don't even like painkillers so it's a lose lose situation.
how you feel better dude
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

[*] posted on 12-29-2009 at 07:00 PM

I tend to wait until it's an emergency to go to the dentist, that's how I end up in situations like this. This will be my third tooth pulled and they've been about a year apart each time. I have no insurance for medical or dental, thus the reason I wait so long to go. Of course it would be a lot easier if I was going regularly and getting the preventative maintenance I need, but if I can't afford insurance, how the hell am I supposed to afford that???

I HATE painkillers, but being on it yesterday did make getting the back of my thigh and knee tattooed a lot easier.

I am feeling a bit better now, thanks. I can actually blink both eyes without the use of my hands and can feel my face again. Of course, I still have this nasty tooth in there and now that corner of my jaw is all sore from all the needle pokes, but whatever.

Veritas odium parit
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 12-29-2009 at 09:28 PM

damn, you guys are inspiring me to get to the dentist.
it's probably been six years.
it's a wonder i don;t look like shane macgowan.
one of my closest friends down in bmore is a dentist...
i'll need to see what his rates are for cash payment as i am insuranceless as well.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

[*] posted on 12-29-2009 at 10:26 PM

You should see if he'll hook up a cash plan for Thorpsters BD, I'd make a trip out to Baltimore for a good dentist with under the table rates. Been meaning to head back out that way for a while anyway.

Veritas odium parit
REV.PAULIE

[*] posted on 12-30-2009 at 09:20 AM

Why are they making you wait 2 weeks to get it pulled? Is it impacted? Or,do they just not like you? I've heard of "installment plans".but that just sounds silly...I remember getting a tooth yanked when I was a kid...My Da took me to see JAWS right after...I miss my Da...and the 70's...OH,SHUSH,YOU...

Will learn to Tap Dance,eventually...Will have you broads Hula,definitely...Trust me,you'll see.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-30-2009 at 09:47 AM

my dad, the crazy bastard he is, yanked his own tooth with a pair of pliers and a bottle of Windsor.
His father had also practiced the same home dentistry.
Upon seeing him emerge from the basement with the bloody pliers in hand I said, "Dad, this is where the tradition ends".
The dentist they took me to as a kid had the care of the SS Dr. Mengle, so no wonder I still cringe at the thought of going.
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

[*] posted on 12-30-2009 at 10:17 AM

Paulie, I've gotta wait that long so the antibiotics can get rid of the infection. That seems to be the reason the tooth in question refused to go numb. I could probably go in a little bit sooner than the day we scheduled, but that's the day that works best with my work schedule.

Veritas odium parit
wez138

Mood: TMMB's.

[*] posted on 1-2-2010 at 08:49 AM

Thats the norm when you have an absess.

I'm so glad that i don't have to pay for treatment like you guys. I can never understand how they can justfie the amounts they charge.

Living a life kept shut by a dream,
I'm reaching out to grasp my reality.
Hands of time wrap tight around my neck, and hit me so hard,
leaving me eyes black.
staring at a ceiling,
wondering why i never left,
penning words in a notebook,
wondering why haven't slept.
sanity is tapping in a cell
inside my fucking head.
begging for redemption
after hearing what was said.