Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: mma fans with hdnet
random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-31-2009 at 04:11 PM
mma fans with hdnet

check out the k1/dream/sengoku card tonight. it was on live at 3am EST in the US, so hdnet is replaying it tonight. tons of entertaining fights, and lots of sick grappling.

i think this thing is like 8 hours long. i caught the last 5-6 hours and couldn't turn it off.

aoki and overeem fights are pure insanity. so is the one with a korean fighter named kim.

Please read and, if you can, help out a friend: http://www.gofundme.com/jacobmedical.
DAK
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-31-2009 at 09:45 PM

I'm not a big fan of Dream.
WINTHESKIN

[*] posted on 1-1-2010 at 12:20 PM

Aoki is as bad as Brock.He breaks dudes arm and then stands over him giving him the finger and then runs around the ring giving the finger to the whole crowd.No class at all

I never liked Farakhan cause he called me the devil,and I never liked Hitler cause he said I was god.
moron
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-4-2010 at 03:23 PM

I watched this, and it was great. Aoki is a great fighter. He looks like a skinny nerd, but he can kick some ass.

The Overeem fight was bullshit from the beginning. They couldn't find anyone else but Fujita to fight him? Fujita had a great run in Pride, but he really isn't an elite fighter anymore (if he ever was) and had no business being in the ring with Overeem. But that's Japan for ya.

I liked the K-1 fights too. I've been enjoying K-1 alot lately. I love having HDnet.
BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-4-2010 at 07:28 PM

Aoki is a piece of shit and he is not bad ass, he is fucking bitch. There is no need for that kind of shit in MMA, it is a sport and that is where it ends. You want to be a bad ass then leave the sport and bring it to the streets and try flipping people off and get your fucking face blasted off. Make up your mind, can't have both. There is nothing bad ass about what he did, he is a fucking coward.

BKT.

random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-4-2010 at 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BKT
Aoki is a piece of shit and he is not bad ass, he is fucking bitch. There is no need for that kind of shit in MMA, it is a sport and that is where it ends. You want to be a bad ass then leave the sport and bring it to the streets and try flipping people off and get your fucking face blasted off. Make up your mind, can't have both. There is nothing bad ass about what he did, he is a fucking coward.

BKT.

Seriously!?!

Aoki would embarrass both of us, and I'm twice his size. He may be a piece of shit, but he's also a bad ass.

MMA, like every major sport, is part-sport and part-entertainment. I don't recall you saying this shit about Lesnar or when BJ Penn wipes blood off a defeated opponent's forehead and then licks it off his glove. Or plenty of other dumb shit that guys have done after winning. Fact of the matter is that Aoki being a douchebag has garnered a ton of attention and driven up his value to MMA orgs. Some will pay more to see him win, and lots more will pay more to see him lose. For him, that's win-win.

Also, MMA is more than a sport, and - of all people - I would expect a guy with ties to MM to know that. It's definitely a sport, but it's a sport which can be described as guy beating the shit out of each other within a limited set of rules. It's not judo, boxing, muay thai, BJJ, or other sporting competitions. The rules allow many more modes of attack, where the intent is always about being able to hurt another person.

All the middle-fingers were stupid, but the finish of the actual fight was legit and crazy, and I still can't believe the guy never tapped.

Please read and, if you can, help out a friend: http://www.gofundme.com/jacobmedical.
BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-4-2010 at 07:58 PM

The finish was not what i was talking about. It was his actions after the fight. And I did shit on Brock for his bullshit as well. Like it or not the only way MMA is going to go onto do bigger and better things is by showing some class and not acting like a bunch of idiots. Same reason the Mulisha has cleaned their act up over the years and moved on from all the bullshit of days of old and are now a million times bigger then any of us ever expected it to be. Who gives a shit about the attention he is getting, its the attention that you get from the powers that be that need to be worried about. I would like to see MMA legal in Ontario Canada so I can go to an event in the place I live and that will never happen with jerk offs like Aoki and Brock fucking around.

BKT.

random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-4-2010 at 08:19 PM

BKT, that's a much more reasonable response than I expected, and I honestly appreciate it.

MMA is in a weird place. With regulatory agencies, they want to see evidence that it's a safe, legitimate sport. (Casual) Fans, however, want the kill-em-all, theatrical bullshit, which is why Kimbo is still the biggest MMA draw in the US when you look at ratings.

GSP is a great example of what you're talking about, and too few fighters take that route. He turned down a lot of quick money (that other guys took) in order to go for bigger, more "legit" sponsors like Gatorade. Eventually, we might see MMA guys getting nice paydays to be on a Wheaties box, but it's not coming anytime soon, especially given the recent Hoelzer Reich shit and the fact that it took a while to generate a controversy and lots of legit fighter were willing to take the cash.

In the short-term, Aoki and every other fighter care about the attention he's getting, since it can generate more money and might help many fighters put food on the table, since a lot of these guys get paid shit, even UFC undercard fighters.

But I think we agree on a hell of a lot more than we disagree on!

BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-4-2010 at 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by random
BKT, that's a much more reasonable response than I expected, and I honestly appreciate it.

MMA is in a weird place. With regulatory agencies, they want to see evidence that it's a safe, legitimate sport. (Casual) Fans, however, want the kill-em-all, theatrical bullshit, which is why Kimbo is still the biggest MMA draw in the US when you look at ratings.

GSP is a great example of what you're talking about, and too few fighters take that route. He turned down a lot of quick money (that other guys took) in order to go for bigger, more "legit" sponsors like Gatorade. Eventually, we might see MMA guys getting nice paydays to be on a Wheaties box, but it's not coming anytime soon, especially given the recent Hoelzer Reich shit and the fact that it took a while to generate a controversy and lots of legit fighter were willing to take the cash.

In the short-term, Aoki and every other fighter care about the attention he's getting, since it can generate more money and might help many fighters put food on the table, since a lot of these guys get paid shit, even UFC undercard fighters.

But I think we agree on a hell of a lot more than we disagree on!

I knew we would. haha.

Its funny you mentioned Kimbo there. I am not a fan of his fighting talent as he does not really have much when you compare it to the HW division in the UFC. However, the way he conducts himself has always impressed me and for that very reason I seem to have a soft spot for him.

Good talk random.

Oh ya and what was the deal with that clothing line Hoelzer Reich? Some nazi thing? I heard about it in passing, but that is all.

BKT.

moron
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-4-2010 at 09:45 PM

I was gonna say in my previous post that I seem to root against Aoki more than I root for him because he seems cocky, and I like to see cocky dudes get shut the hell up. But the dude has some amazing grappling skills. I think he had the first gogoplata in MMA competition and it blew people's minds. As for his flipping everyone off, yeah it was stupid and classless. I guess he got caught up in the moment. It was strange seeing a Japanese fighter act that way after winning. Plus I didn't know the middle finger meant anything in Japan. hahaha

Go To Top