Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: What is Mark Lind up to in 2010... New solo and album with Rob???
XnMeX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-1-2010 at 05:25 PM
What is Mark Lind up to in 2010... New solo and album with Rob???

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Lind on one of his sites...
Hi everyone.

Starting today we're holding a sale on Ducky Boys' hoodies, jackets and t-shirts. You can get these items using PayPal at either www.mark-lind.com or http://buyourmerch.blogspot.com

We'd like to congratulate Ducky Boys' guitarist, Douglas Sullivan, and his wife Julie on the birth of their first son. They're gonna be great parents and no doubt their son will be more talented than the rest of the Ducky Boys by the end of his first month on the planet.

OTHER NEWS:
Here is the annual plug for the video by Mark Lind & The Unloved called "New Years Day". You can see it at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbvbmOpnxCU

1/30/2010 - Mark Lind & The Unloved at the Brickhouse in Dover NH with Sasquatch and the Sickabillies
1/31/2010 - Mark Lind & The Unloved at the Middle East Upstairs in Cambridge, MA with Jason Bennett & The Resistance. 18+

1/2/2010 - Death & Taxes (Mike Savitkas) and The USM at Harper's Ferry in Allston, MA 18+
1/6/2010 - Brittany Gray (The Unloved) at All Asia in Cambridge, MA 6-9pm ALL AGES
1/9/2010 - ?? - Marc Cannata (our musical guru) will be recording his new record with his band, Far From Finished. Rumor has it that it will be released in June on Old Shoe records.
2/26 - 2/28/2010 - Steve Young (The Unloved) will be recording a new record with his first love, Confront. More details on that to come as they become available.
4/2010 - 5/2010 - Mark Lind will be recording a new "solo" record produced by Marc Cannata
4/2010 - 5/2010 - Mark Lind will be playing bass on a new record by Rob Lind. More details to come.

There is a new website at www.mark-lind.com
And there is now a third song from "Homeward Bound" posted at www.myspace.com/marklind

That's about all we got here for now. Happy new year and we'll see you soon.

4/2010 - 5/2010 - Mark Lind will be recording a new "solo" record produced by Marc Cannata

4/2010 - 5/2010 - Mark Lind will be playing bass on a new record by Rob Lind. More details to come.

:thumbup:

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 1-1-2010 at 06:01 PM

mark, is the 'solo' record a proper solo record, like 'death or jail' was?
or 'solo' as in 'mark lind & the unloved'?

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 1-1-2010 at 06:02 PM

I got that email update and was very pleased to see that announcement of a new records from both Mark and Rob.

I really couldn't afford it but I just ordered one of the Sinner's and Saints hoodies. They just look too fucking cool plus it comes with a free copy of the newest Unloved album which I've been itching to get.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-1-2010 at 06:19 PM

Got your order.... thanks. I will get that together over the weekend for shipment.

The "solo" record will be more like Death or Jail with a drummer playing and I'll fill in the rest to the best of my ability. Maybe a few guest spots. The songs are more along the lines of "New Years Day" from The Truth Can Be Brutal and "Crucify Me" from Homeward Bound. I've been sitting on this for a few years so it's gonna be go time in 2010.

The Rob thing has a more formal announcement coming at a later date. Maybe I shouldn't have included it in that email but whatever.....

Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 1-1-2010 at 09:00 PM

Tell Rob he should feel free to announce it here first.:bigsmile:

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
XnMeX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-1-2010 at 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Lind
The "solo" record will be more like Death or Jail with a drummer playing and I'll fill in the rest to the best of my ability. Maybe a few guest spots. The songs are more along the lines of "New Years Day" from The Truth Can Be Brutal and "Crucify Me" from Homeward Bound. I've been sitting on this for a few years so it's gonna be go time in 2010.

If you need some backing vocals.... ;)
<------

Yeah, thought i'd try. ;)

MyOwnWay
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-8-2010 at 09:43 AM

Mark...

Drummers are a dime a dozen but I figured to offer up my services.

XnMeX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-8-2010 at 11:00 AM

He made a post on his facebook recently looking for a drummer so...

lifeisabitch
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-8-2010 at 11:14 AM

apparently drummers are the only people who know how to find drummers, becasue the rest of us are always looking and never finding

XnMeX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-8-2010 at 11:43 AM

I remember when I was trying to put together a band as a vocalist I found that vocalists and bassists were a dime a dozen, guitarists were about $50 a dozen, and drummers were non-existent / already working on projects.

Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-8-2010 at 04:38 PM

Really good drummers are near impossible to find.

We're trying to get the band with Brit singing lead up and running. We'll see what happens.

MyOwnWay
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-8-2010 at 04:46 PM

Surprised to hear how difficult it is to find a drummer. Truth be told, I've never really looked for a drummer though, I just feel as though I meet them often.

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 1-8-2010 at 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Lind
We're trying to get the band with Brit singing lead up and running. We'll see what happens.

THE band as in the Unloved?
or A band, as in something new?

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-8-2010 at 05:00 PM

A band. Sorry. She'll still be in The Unloved but it's a waste of real talent for her to only be singing our harmonies.

Go To Top