Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: EMO-Todd Style
Todd

[*] posted on 6-3-2005 at 10:58 PM
EMO-Todd Style

I'm talking emotion, stuff I have to listen to alone, stuff that can make bad times worse and good times better, SOUL music. I hope those of you that haven't heard some of this stuff might check it out.

New Model Army-Thunder and Consolation. Green and Grey, Inheritance, I Love The World...Justin Sullivan has a voice that goes deep.

Rites of Spring-End on End. Drink Deep is one of the most beautiful songs ever written. It was my wedding song. How many different ways are there to say heartbreaking.

The Beach Boys-Pet Sounds. Sure, some of the stuff on here is silly, but then you have songs like You Still Believe In Me, I Just wasn't Made For These Times, and God Only Knows that let you know why Brian Wilson ended up living in a fucking sandbox

PJ Harvey-Stories From The City... Maybe it's a NYC thing, maybe the planets aligned when I got this, but listening to Radiohead man sing This Mess We're In with Polly Jean wrecks me. And to the retard that made fun of someone last night for listening to "girl music"? FUCK YOU YOU HARDCORE RETARD.

The Cure-Disintegration. Just read the lyrics please.

John Cash-When The Man Comes Around. Listen to him struggle with being a good man doing bad things.

Articles of Faith-All. I know, enough's enough. Just asking NewBreedBrian. Listen to tracks 13-17 on Complete, Volume 2 and you'll never be the same, especially Never Really Understood.

Afghan Whigs-Gentleman. Addiction, bad behavior and broken hearts. Check out When We Two Parted or Fountain and Fairfax.

Springsteen-Born To Run. Summer 1979. Jocelyn Cartier. She's The One. Nothing else can bring me back to that time and that place.

Bad Brains-I Against I. Homeles1985 or 86. Let Me Help gave me the strength to not give up.

U2-The Joshua Tree. That song about the junkie just kills me.

Now for some individual songs that shake the earth:

Sheer Terror-Roses. Is there anything sadder?
Husker Du-Too Far Down. One voice, one acoustic guitar, total desperation.
Jeff Buckley-Hallelujah. Just listen.
Solomon Burke-Don't Give Up On Me, Baby. The story of my shitty life.
Bob Marley-Redemption Song.
Staind-The new acoustic song. Go ahead and laugh, and then let me know when you write something better.
Sham 69-Simon.
Sinead O'Connor-Hold Back The Night.
Embrace-No More Pain.
Minor Threat-Look Back and Laugh, Salad Days.
Led Zepellin-Thank You.
Simon and Garfunkel-Bridge Over Troubled Water, Patterns, Sound of Silence, and For Emily.
Bad Religion-Forbidden Beat.
The Freeze-Oh Fuck, just listen to everything.

So what's the point of this? I'm mental and digging the music that provides teh soundtrack to my mood and I wanted to write about. Instead of being such a hateful dick all the time I thought I'd share some stuff that means the world to me. Happy Listening.

Killthehumans

Mood: simon and garfunkal

[*] posted on 6-3-2005 at 11:03 PM

Simon and Garfunkel-Bridge Over Troubled Water, Patterns, Sound of Silence, and For Emily.

good shit

just take a look at the papers
your leaders
they\'re killers
they\'re liars
what they do in your
name to make the bodies pile higher
the murders, the terror
they\'ve done it forever
as we sit band and smile
at the script they sell us
but now the victims, they\'re rising
their numbers\'s multiplying
they want their revenge for the years
that they\'ve been dying
Todd

[*] posted on 6-3-2005 at 11:13 PM

Yeah, I defy anyone to listen to Art Garfunkle sing 'Bridge' and really listen to the words, and not tear up. that song is fucking haunting!

Todd

[*] posted on 6-3-2005 at 11:28 PM

Antidote-Something Must be Done

Todd

[*] posted on 6-4-2005 at 12:54 AM

Iron Cross-Grey Morning.
The Germs-Manimal

gavin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-4-2005 at 10:11 AM

im sorry i missed this last night.
ill add a few off the top of my head........

hank williams sr.-alone and foresaken-fuck 90% of hank sr. stuff is brilliant like this

steve earle-c.c.k.m.p.--cocaine can not kill my pain-this friggin song is brilliant. you can feel the pain he is in. he had just gotten clean beofore making this album after years of being fucked up. some of the lines in this song are just heartbreaking. "girl dont come knockin; on my door cause even that wont work no more."

sam cooke-change is gonna come- if this song dosent get some kind of emotion outta ya, you suck

ill think of sopme more in a few
i need coffee

you come at the king....you best not miss
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 6-4-2005 at 11:38 AM

O man am I going to lay something heavy on all of you. Just give me a day or to to compose myself.

Todd. You came clean and we all commend you for your honesty and compation for all things emo.
;)
newbreedbrian
Posting Freak

Mood: doc watson

[*] posted on 6-4-2005 at 11:59 AM

whiskey ain't got no hold on me, left them chains in tennesee...but heroin's the only thing.........

fuck man, that album and train a comin' are both S-O-U-L.

-pogues - fairytale of new york
-hank sr - you win again, nobody's lonesome for me
-freeze - before i hit the rubber room
-black flag - you bet we've something personal against you, depression, fix me, etc etc etc
-lightning hopkins - no education
-springsteen - highway patrolman, downbound train
-buck owens - streets of bakersfield
-ted hawkins - afraid, there stands the glass

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ?You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I?m just not close enough to get the job done.? George Carlin
gavin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-4-2005 at 12:41 PM

depression is a good one
that song fucking rules
alot of flags stuff is just MISERABLE when you really listen to the lyrics

how about george jones with tammy-ive seen better days
holy shit that song breaks my heart

alot of george jones stuff just kills me....these days i barely get by, he stopped loving her today...........god damn, george is hardcore man

newbreedbrian
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-4-2005 at 01:01 PM

no show jones :P he's playin here in november and i have really good seats, i can't wait. dont forget "just one more" and "i gotta get drunk". that guy's more hardcore than a million shitty youth crew and bad metal masquerading as hardcore bands. i love this story: he gets his licence taken away again, so he drunkenly decides to take his riding lawnmower to the show he's playing and gets pulled over for drunk driving again :D

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ?You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I?m just not close enough to get the job done.? George Carlin
gavin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-4-2005 at 01:47 PM

ya ever hear the story about george trying to pull off porter wagoners cock in the opry bathroom cause george thought porter was bangin tammy?
george was all jacked up on coke at the time.
he used to wear a long jacket with an inside pocket. in that pocket was a baggie of cock. he put a long straw in the bag and would open his jacket and take a hit whenever he felt the need.
he rules.

2 more songs i thought of...........
peter gabriel and kate bush-dont give up---just awesome
ammie mann-save me-was in some movie at some point. this song is great

bellaco

Mood: dillinger four

[*] posted on 6-4-2005 at 06:17 PM

murder city devils - 365 days
anything by the new amsterdams
newbreedbrian
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-4-2005 at 11:09 PM

yeah them old school country guys actually lived that life for real. you like any dwight yoakam stuff vibes?

gavin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-5-2005 at 01:23 AM

love dwight
1000 miles from nowhere is such a good song
that album gone he did in like '95 or so i think is one of the best albums ever
i like every song on it

moforn

[*] posted on 6-5-2005 at 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by newbreedbrian
i love this story: he gets his licence taken away again, so he drunkenly decides to take his riding lawnmower to the show he's playing and gets pulled over for drunk driving again :D

I think the story was actually that Tammy hid his keys on him because he was drunk and then he took the mower, funny story regardless. On the topic of Dwight, I don't own it but a cursory listen of "Dwight's used records" (his new one) impressed me quite a bit. Remind me to get tickets to that jones show bri.
newbreedbrian
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-5-2005 at 10:40 AM

i'd get tickets soon man, you don't wanna miss him again or get stuck in the upper balcony. dwights used records is good, he re-does miners prayer on there. 1000 miles is really good, although it won't hurt is my favorite i think. that whole guitars and cadillacs album smokes from start to finish.

Go To Top