Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Fat Mike at SXSW WTF!
Vanilla Gorilla
Posting Freak

Mood: Yellow Stitches

[*] posted on 3-23-2010 at 04:10 PM
Fat Mike at SXSW WTF!

Wow is all i can say after reading this article about Fat Mike who is more fucked up than i would have imagined. I kind of just figured he was a bit of drunk and did too many drugs.

article has NSFW picture
http://www.pinpointmusic.com/cokie-the-clown-sxsw-2010-fat-m...

Well I've got a feeling I'm gonna get mine in. Retribution let the games begin.
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 3-23-2010 at 04:38 PM

He participated in actual rape. That bum should be locked up.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
Vanilla Gorilla
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-23-2010 at 04:43 PM

The series of stories Cokie told started off with an account of how back in the mid -’80s Mike and Eric Melvin had witnessed a girl being forcefully carried down the stairs of a club on her way to being raped. As it goes, they both stood there watching slack jawed as she stared at them helplessly, then she grabbed onto both of them and yelled, “Help me!”. The men told Mike and Eric not to say a word. They did exactly that and went upstairs to watch the Vandals perform.

He didn't actually participate but he and Melvin didn't do anything to stop it, unless that's how you mean he participated. I agree that is just as wrong to not do anything don't get me wrong i am not defending this.

clevohardcore

[*] posted on 3-23-2010 at 04:56 PM

That constitutes participation bro.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 3-23-2010 at 04:56 PM

god, i hate "art". and hipsters that think they're so hip to "art".

this sorta shit was better when it was gg allin and you had to worry about whether or not he was going to blow up the venue.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
gavin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-23-2010 at 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BD
god, i hate "art". and hipsters that think they're so hip to "art".

you come at the king....you best not miss
Vanilla Gorilla
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-23-2010 at 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by clevohardcore
That constitutes participation bro.

Guess i need to learn legal statutes better, bro.

XnMeX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-23-2010 at 05:38 PM

Who the hell is this guy?

Vanilla Gorilla
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-23-2010 at 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by XnMeX
Who the hell is this guy?

Singer bass player of Nofx, and bass player in Me First and the Gimme Gimmes, also owns Fat Wreck Chords.

Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 3-23-2010 at 05:44 PM

I hope Fat Mike gets aids and dies a slow, painful death.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 3-23-2010 at 06:03 PM

Ya seriously, makes me want to punch that son of a bitch. Dude is supposed to be somewhat respected in the punk/ whatever community and this is what he's about? I understand trauma and stress and frustration and anger and adolescence. Life sometimes sucks really bad for a lot of people, but this is how went about it? This is what he learned and this is his reaction? Seems like a lazy piece of shit that didn't want to do anything productive. He is just a loud mouth scum bag with no respect for himself, his community and his I guess you call em fans? I never even gave a fuck about who that dude was until SICK OF IT ALL spent a few years on that label. Apparently it wasn't a amicable separation either. Can't blame em if his label is run like his life.

morgan
Posting Freak

Mood: neighbors fighting

[*] posted on 3-23-2010 at 06:32 PM

I'm probably the oddball here but personally I like Nofx... But yeah thats fucked up.

Support the arts, shoot a rapper.
Barnesey

[*] posted on 3-23-2010 at 08:19 PM

Anyone interested in buying swampland in Florida?

Live Fast Die Young
Push It To The Limit \'Til The Coffin Calls
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 3-23-2010 at 08:31 PM

so whats the deal, Fat Mike performs solo acoustic as Cokie the Clown?

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
Vanilla Gorilla
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-23-2010 at 08:33 PM

article didn't say if he had before, i haven't heard of him doing it before but i don't follow them very closely

Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 3-23-2010 at 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Vanilla Gorilla
The series of stories Cokie told started off with an account of how back in the mid -’80s Mike and Eric Melvin had witnessed a girl being forcefully carried down the stairs of a club on her way to being raped.

In the mid 80's these guys were skinny little teenagers or in their very early 20's at best, still skinny and useless as shit. I don't know many teenagers now or back when I was a teen who would have tried to stop some dudes who were probably much larger.

They should have gone inside & told security or something but it's not like a couple kids are going to do anything or even had mobile phones to call the cops with.

Step back to the mid 80s and then think of what you would have done compared to your immediate response now.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
Vanilla Gorilla
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-23-2010 at 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Six66Mike
Quote:
Originally posted by Vanilla Gorilla
The series of stories Cokie told started off with an account of how back in the mid -’80s Mike and Eric Melvin had witnessed a girl being forcefully carried down the stairs of a club on her way to being raped.

In the mid 80's these guys were skinny little teenagers or in their very early 20's at best, still skinny and useless as shit. I don't know many teenagers now or back when I was a teen who would have tried to stop some dudes who were probably much larger.

They should have gone inside & told security or something but it's not like a couple kids are going to do anything or even had mobile phones to call the cops with.

Step back to the mid 80s and then think of what you would have done compared to your immediate response now.

Mid 80's i would have been like 5 years old. My thought was they weren't going to be able to do anything physical to the guys, but they should have told security or somebody something not just let it happen. How can you not do anything , think about it if it was your mother or sister. He is probably letting this stuff out now in a shitty selfish way because he feels like shit because he had it bottled up for so long.

Barnesey

[*] posted on 3-23-2010 at 10:27 PM

How about the Brooklyn Bridge? Anyone want to buy that?

Live Fast Die Young
Push It To The Limit \'Til The Coffin Calls
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 3-24-2010 at 01:36 AM

I dont give a fuck what year it was. I was born in the mid 70's and I remember the eighties. You could still do your part and protect a girl if ya needed to back then. Anything. Just do something. No matter if it was a big skinhead or a gang of Dr. J's. Fuck all that noise. Do your best to protect that girl. Especially if she is begging you to help.

Barnesey? If your saying this is all fake and it very well might be a schtick. Who the fuck knows, but I'd say if your feeding piss to a waiting audience then what your talking about may very well be true. Don't act like those that reacted are stupid and shit. You got to have some emotion to that shit being said or your not breathing.

REV.PAULIE

[*] posted on 3-24-2010 at 05:23 AM

I won't claim to know the guy,whatsoever...I hung out/partied with him,once,at Bryan/Bouncing Souls Apt. a few years ago...This was when he was championing Kerry getting elected...He was alright,I kinda shut him down on the whole kissing-Michael Moore's-fat ass...But,I'll give him "props" for coming out and talking about this extremely traumatic shit...I just get lost at the clown make-up,and piss drinking...The rape thing is extremely fucked,and this is NOT a defending argument that I'm putting forth,but I gotta say - there are certain situations that one finds him/her self in whilst being immersed in a lifestyle/counter-culture that no matter how you want to be Superman,or how much you stand for/against certain principles/acts/tenets - YOU FUCKING FREEZE.

It's NOT a good feeling,nor is it an excuse...BUT,IT HAPPENS.Punk Rock/Hardcore being(or,purported to be) an "open door" to those who just can't/won't fit into society's "norms" is a FREAK MAGNET.This door swings both ways- Good and Bad.

I know that we all want to "fight the good fight",and try to be the most decent human beings that we possibly can...But,we are not infallable...Sometimes,we just fuck up when we really didn't/don't want to.

Outside of that,I don't like his music at all...WAY TOO NASAL.

Paulie

Will learn to Tap Dance,eventually...Will have you broads Hula,definitely...Trust me,you'll see.
jonnynewbreed
Posting Freak

Mood: Quite nice actually.

[*] posted on 3-24-2010 at 06:12 AM

That's really sad. We've all had fucked up shit from our past but to put it on public display...takes some serious balls.

My life was totally out of control until I met my wife who is the only person on earth that was able to fill the proverbial hole left from a shit pile of things that I care not to speak about.

Now, my life couldn't be better and I feel optimistic about things instead of questioning everything all the time and the motives behind people.

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-24-2010 at 08:08 AM

one of the things i always hated about punk / hardcore in general is the fact that one person in Idaho or something says they saw something or knows something about about somebody and it just spreads throught he grapevine with each person adding something to it. just casue it was printed in MRR or something doesn't mean it happened the way it was said.
like oh some guy that is friends with a friend of mines sister saw Ian mackaye drinking a 40 in 1982...or Harley went to a white power rally...or bla bla bla theres just 2 of the dumb things i've read over and over again.
i guess it happens in every music genre though.
I like NOFX.
The clown thing looks gay though.
BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-24-2010 at 03:20 PM

Fat assed pussy. Fuck him.

BKT.

spyderdog

Mood: my own dumb ass band....yeah im like that

[*] posted on 3-24-2010 at 05:43 PM

i heard him on love line a few weeks ago and the dude was an epic asshole

my take?

fuck him, fuck his band, and fuck his label

yeahjewlzyeah

Mood: The Clash

[*] posted on 3-28-2010 at 01:30 PM

"Once upstairs he told her to strip down and proceeded to hog tie her on a table making sure to allow her breasts to hang off the edge over a cup. He then added Vodka and Kahlua, and used the milk to make a White Russian."...?

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top