Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Pete Steele - R.I.P.
Monkey_Julius_BoWaffle

[*] posted on 5-1-2010 at 02:05 AM

This one was really fucking tough for me as Carnivore have been one of my favorite bands since the late 80's. I STILL, even this many years later play the living shit out of their debut (I prefer it to "Retaliation" though both are incredible). The first Type O record was pretty much shit written originally for Carnivore and I love it as well. "Bloody Kisses" lost me though. Believe it or not, over time, I really warmed up to "October Rust", especially tracks like "Red Water". Since OR, they have been hit/miss for me and I never warmed up to the band overall like I did Carnivore whom I can easily say was my favorite "speed/crossover" band to come out of the 80's.

Another oft-overlooked Steele classic was the Fallout single that pre-dated Carnivore. That thing kicks ass. Supposedly there are more Fallout songs in existence, I would sure love to hear 'em. Also, supposedly the revamped Carnivore lineup were actually working on a new album (I've heard conflicting reports; some say they were actually working on a new album while others say they were merely planning on doing a new album but were not actually working on one, so who knows). If they actually did have some new recordings, I would sure as fuck love to hear 'em.

Anyways, RIP big guy, I'll never forget seeing Type O on their first tour way back in '91 when they opened for "Urban Discipline" era Biohazard and The Exploited. Unfortunately, I never did get to see Carnivore live. I always hoped that I would get a chance to at least see the new version live someday, but alas, it's not to be.

I hope he has finally the peace which seemed to elude him during his 48 year stay on this rock of ours. I'm sure as shit gonna miss him and his hilarious sarcastic attitude as well as his tunes.
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 5-1-2010 at 08:14 AM

I saw the Type O, Biohazard, Expolited tour too. Great show!

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top