Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Carnivore albums on vinyl
Monkey_Julius_BoWaffle

[*] posted on 5-8-2010 at 02:36 PM
Carnivore albums on vinyl

Anybody have the 2 Carnivore albums on vinyl? I've been looking around Ebay and they have both the 180 gram reissues as well as the Roadrunner original issues but they're a bit pricey. Do the albums sound good on vinyl? Does anyone have the 180 gram reissues?

I have the first album on the original cassette and I have the 2 on 1 Carnivore/Retaliation CD and I really like the remix on the CD of the debut in comparison to the original mix. So I'm wondering if the 180 gram reissues are of the newer mix or if they're the orginal mix a la my original cassette copy?

Did anyone get the "Slow Deep & Hard" Top Shelf reissue? I've been wondering if the sound was improved or altered in comparison to the original of that one as well.

Damn, I love me some Carnivore as well as SD&H Type O (which basically were songs meant for Carnivore, so it's no wonder I love it).

I swear I have been listening to Carnivore's debut since the 80's and I would almost swear that each and every year since I got it (which was like 88) I have listened to it AT LEAST once a month. Definitely my favorite speed metal album of all time (or however you wanna classify it, it's really got its own original style/sound IMO).
Monkey_Julius_BoWaffle

[*] posted on 5-10-2010 at 07:38 AM

Damn, nobody has the Carnivore albums on vinyl eh? Surprising actually, I thought there were some pretty hardcore Carnivore fans here :thumbup:
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 5-10-2010 at 08:25 AM

I dont have them on vinyl cause I dont wanna pay the price for the reissue.. I really want an OG press of the first record with just the logo on the cover.

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 5-10-2010 at 08:27 AM

www.ArmageddonShop.com (its a store in Providence, RI) has the 180 gram of the self titled for $31.99 and they have the recent live bootleg 'I am a Meat Eater' for $17.99.

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
panzerkreuzer
Posting Freak

Mood: gang green

[*] posted on 5-10-2010 at 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by XHonusWagnerX
I really want an OG press of the first record with just the logo on the cover.

i have this one.;)
never heard the rereleases.
the second one i have on cd, but itīs a old version.

Monkey_Julius_BoWaffle

[*] posted on 5-10-2010 at 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by panzerkreuzer
Quote:
I really want an OG press of the first record with just the logo on the cover.

i have this one.;)
never heard the rereleases.
the second one i have on cd, but itīs a old version.
Does it sound good on vinyl? My original cassette of the debut kinda always sounded like shit, was just wondering if the vinyl sounded better as they often did.
Monkey_Julius_BoWaffle

[*] posted on 5-10-2010 at 11:40 AM

Quote:
www.ArmageddonShop.com (its a store in Providence, RI) has the 180 gram of the self titled for $31.99 and they have the recent live bootleg 'I am a Meat Eater' for $17.99.
The s/t and "Retaliation" reissues range from $26 - $30 on Ebay. They also have a few of the original presses, a couple of them going for $50.00 and one going for $40.00. I have a couple of bills I need to get paid off in the next few months but as soon as I get those paid off, I'm going to splurge and get the original presses as well as the 180 gram reissues. I'd also like to get a copy of Type O's "Slow Deep & Hard" on vinyl. Love that album. I bet it sounds killer on vinyl too :thumbup:

I'd also still like to know how the reissue of SD&H sounds. I'm thinking about picking up a copy of that as well.

On the "Meat Eater" bootleg, anybody know anything about the 3 tracks on the B side? I've not heard them that I know of. Unless they were early versions of songs in which the song titles changed by the time they recorded the album(s). I've heard both demos, but not those 3 tracks that I know of (Baptized In Blood, Seizure, Chamber of Horrors are the titles). There's a copy of it at $5.00 right now.

There's also a bootleg LP called "Brooklyn Boot Boys" on Ebay. It's both demos + the Fallout 7' tracks. Would be pretty cool to have. It says it's limited to 88 copies. Actually, I'm still looking around and there's another LP with the same content called "Nuclear Warriors" that's limited to 400 copies.

So much shit that I want, but so many bills to get paid off right now :thumbdown:
panzerkreuzer
Posting Freak

Mood: gang green

[*] posted on 5-10-2010 at 11:44 AM

i didnīt know that there was a reissue of slow deep and hard. i sought a long time to get an original copy. last xmas i got one.

MikeFromInhuman
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-10-2010 at 09:31 PM

I have the following Carnivore on vinyl:

1. The s/t original with the lyric insert, awesome condition. Won it on Ebay for $22 like 2 weeks before Pete died.
2. The s/t re-issue double gatefold lp. Bought it for $20 @ a record fair, brand new.
3. The "Retaliation" re-issue double gatefold lp. Bought it for $20 @ a record fair, brand new.

All I need is an original of "Retaliation" and I'm set!

After Pete died, both the OG's and the re-issues went in price....no shock there.

Go To Top