Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Skrewdriver??
wez138

Mood: TMMB's.

[*] posted on 5-20-2010 at 03:04 AM
Skrewdriver??

Original line up/reunion of "Skrewdriver" have been added to the First Blood show at the Star and Garter Manchester on 9th August!

Living a life kept shut by a dream,
I'm reaching out to grasp my reality.
Hands of time wrap tight around my neck, and hit me so hard,
leaving me eyes black.
staring at a ceiling,
wondering why i never left,
penning words in a notebook,
wondering why haven't slept.
sanity is tapping in a cell
inside my fucking head.
begging for redemption
after hearing what was said.
the nights, they will not sleep
cause the days, have played for keeps.
mattybar

[*] posted on 5-20-2010 at 05:05 AM

eh?

how's that gonna work?
newbreedbrian
Posting Freak

Mood: doc watson

[*] posted on 5-20-2010 at 05:24 AM

Zombie Ian Stuart?

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ?You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I?m just not close enough to get the job done.? George Carlin
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-20-2010 at 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by newbreedbrian
Zombie Ian Stuart?

nice
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-20-2010 at 06:25 AM

que...much debate on how it's ok to like the first album and how if you listen to music that says something you must believe it because it defines you as a person.
REV.PAULIE

[*] posted on 5-20-2010 at 06:33 AM

That's just silly...I mean..That's just SILLY....C'MON...REALLY? GET OUTTA TOWN...!

Will learn to Tap Dance,eventually...Will have you broads Hula,definitely...Trust me,you'll see.
wez138

[*] posted on 5-20-2010 at 06:54 AM

Personally I've never liked them, mediocre and samey through out. They get far to much hype for my liking.

And with the WP stuff they (he) released I couldn't give a rats arse, my house mate has a few bits and bobs of there's e.g Videos,records,cds and what i've watched and listened to bores me.

I wonder how many people would flirt with it if he was still alive and not hugging trees. I can bet on it not to many.

leaving me eyes black.
staring at a ceiling,
inside my fucking head.
begging for redemption
REV.PAULIE

[*] posted on 5-20-2010 at 07:00 AM

I'll pull the whole "Politics,aside..." role,and say that "Blood and Honor" was the last good record that Ian put out,MUSICALLY.

I don't have to "explain" myself,anymore...Anything after that was "HEY,LET'S BE A ROCK BAND WITH A REALLY BAD ROCK SINGER ESPOUSING A TOTALLY NON-POPULAR,IF NOT HATED,POINT OF VIEW...AND,I'M BEING KIND,ONLY BECAUSE WE REALLY THOUGHT THAT IF WE "TAMED IT DOWN",WE'D GET OUR MESSAGE ACROSS A LOT EASIER...OH,WAIT...NO? WELL,MAYBE IF THE GUY FROM SKULLHEAD WENT TECHNO...????...STILL "NO" ???...WHAT ARE WE DOING WRONG,THEN??".

Oh,pooh...

Will learn to Tap Dance,eventually...Will have you broads Hula,definitely...Trust me,you'll see.
wez138

[*] posted on 5-20-2010 at 07:03 AM

Well it's not like you ain't been labelled a Nazi before Paul..............White bath house....

leaving me eyes black.
staring at a ceiling,
inside my fucking head.
begging for redemption
REV.PAULIE

[*] posted on 5-20-2010 at 07:27 AM

What are you trying to say,Guy I don't know?

People can,and have,labeled me what they please...If they don't get me,I don't want them...I have no idea what the "White bath house" comment means...I flirted with the crap,in my youth,YES...I admit that,I hide NOTHING...But,that's WELL over with...It's not a "point of glory",at all..But,we(and,I'm talking about WHO I KNOW) all flirted - like idiots - And,got over it real fast...Do I know some people that "go that way" ? Yes,I do. Do I support them? No,but I support them in their freedom to think/believe what they want.If they,or ANYONE I KNOW,tries to "preach/put down/or force their opinion" on ANYONE - YEAH,I HAVE A PROBLEM.

One of the best/truest/hardest guys that I know is a REALLY PISSED -OFF BRUTHA,WHO HATES "NIGGAS"...Yet,he's a struggling muslim with a drinking problem...You'd probably think he was an insane Black man,cursing people on the streets - AND,YOU WOLDN'T BE MISTAKEN!...But,he comes to me looking for rare/obscure soul/r'n'b cuts...And,I find them for him...Why? Because,this crazy nigga has reminded me of shit I forgot about..Musically...And,I keep him reminded about shit he forgot about...Grounded "white boys"...

I aint "white",I'm DIRTY...

I'm NEW YORK.

I'M SKINHEAD.

I'm going to bed.

tidbits

Mood: stressed

[*] posted on 5-20-2010 at 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE

People can,and have,labeled me what they please...If they don't get me,I don't want them...I have no idea what the "White bath house" comment means...I flirted with the crap,in my youth,YES...I admit that,I hide NOTHING...But,that's WELL over with...It's not a "point of glory",at all..But,we(and,I'm talking about WHO I KNOW) all flirted - like idiots - And,got over it real fast...Do I know some people that "go that way" ? Yes,I do. Do I support them? No,but I support them in their freedom to think/believe what they want.If they,or ANYONE I KNOW,tries to "preach/put down/or force their opinion" on ANYONE - YEAH,I HAVE A PROBLEM.

One of the best/truest/hardest guys that I know is a REALLY PISSED -OFF BRUTHA,WHO HATES "NIGGAS"...Yet,he's a struggling muslim with a drinking problem...You'd probably think he was an insane Black man,cursing people on the streets - AND,YOU WOLDN'T BE MISTAKEN!...But,he comes to me looking for rare/obscure soul/r'n'b cuts...And,I find them for him...Why? Because,this crazy nigga has reminded me of shit I forgot about..Musically...And,I keep him reminded about shit he forgot about...Grounded "white boys"...

I'm NEW YORK.

I'M SKINHEAD.

I'm going to bed.

A lot (almost all) of the younger generation (anyone who wasn't going to shows in the 80's) can't, don't and won't understand what the Rev just wrote. They can't comprehend what it was like. This isn't a dig or a put down or "you new jacks don't know what it was like back in the day". Just as now us older guys (and girls) really can't "relate" 100% to the scene as it is. Suffice it to say things were different, not better or worse, just different.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 5-20-2010 at 10:05 AM

I like Skrewdriver and make no apologies for it. I don't follow their line of thinking, but I like a lot of their tunes.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
Dave
Posting Freak

Mood: .......

[*] posted on 5-20-2010 at 11:13 AM

the 'early years' are pretty solid, then it just got all shitty.

all thought a zombie ian stuart would pretty much rock....
BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-20-2010 at 11:36 AM

Never could get into this band.

BKT.

wez138

[*] posted on 5-20-2010 at 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE

I'm NEW YORK.

I'M SKINHEAD.

I'm going to bed.

I think you've got me completely misconstrued Paulie. I was merely pointing out what so many people tend to jump to before knowing the full facts. The white bath house comment was in jest about the whole techno thing, It's a song by Pink Panzer taking the piss out of the whole techno,gay flirtation,shaved heads and sweaty sauna's. Hence White bath house. And the dude who pointed out "They don't understand if they never went to an 80's show" You presume
far to much. I don't agree with the far right as too the far left but i also don't agree with banning people from gigs/shows because of there politics. That to me is what is so blatantly the problem within hardcore/punk rock to date! It's also a kick in the balls for what punk rock is supposed to stand for. If you ban one then you have to ban them all!!! And that's where it gets polluted because it's just another scene "boss" dishing out the rules which is a straight forward oxymoron. I too know racist and "anti-racist" (Whatever the fuck that is.)And i really don't care what they beleave because it's there life and i'll accept them if they in-turn do the same. I also come from a very very racist area of Manchester but i don't hate the racists that live there! I just don't understand them because it's something i could never relate too.

leaving me eyes black.
staring at a ceiling,
inside my fucking head.
begging for redemption
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 5-20-2010 at 12:43 PM

Go here: http://www.bleachers.co.uk/gallery/
Click: "Promotional Pictures"
Click forward to the 6th photo

Prepare to scratch your head.
Took me a while to sort this out.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
REV.PAULIE

[*] posted on 5-20-2010 at 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BD

Ah,Jeez...don't get me started....'aint even had lunch,yet...

random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-20-2010 at 01:20 PM

BD, I'm not even going to ask why you looked through that site long enough to find that photo. That place has the gay written all over it. I'm a bit amazed I didn't see Nicky Crane on the front page.

Please read and, if you can, help out a friend: http://www.gofundme.com/jacobmedical.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

[*] posted on 5-20-2010 at 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BD

That's really gay.:shocked2:

"The Original and Only Concealed Zip Bleachers since 2006! With a particular eye to those skinheads who like a bit more than the stomping boot action when out, we have come up with our now well popular “Back Zip” bleachers. The Back Zip bleachers have a zip insertion at the back seam point. The zip is then concealed by a fly guard that makes the zip virtually invisible when walking around town (see picture). So next time you are out, you won’t need to take your bleachers off to get into action! The Sleazy Zip bleachers are available in all of the other bleachers options. Beware of cheap imitations!"

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
Murk
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-20-2010 at 08:05 PM

they have some catchy tunes in the early days, but this is a great fuckin' song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-x4A_ESxpU

someday, i wanna cover it. keep the music, melody and the cadence, but change most of the lyrics and play it live.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

[*] posted on 5-20-2010 at 08:30 PM

Great song.

Barnesey

[*] posted on 5-21-2010 at 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Murk
they have some catchy tunes in the early days, but this is a great fuckin' song:

someday, i wanna cover it. keep the music, melody and the cadence, but change most of the lyrics and play it live.

Murk, might want to check out the original version.

Live Fast Die Young
Push It To The Limit \'Til The Coffin Calls
gavin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-21-2010 at 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barnesey
Quote:
Originally posted by Murk

Murk, might want to check out the original version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxLMxLF5smY

you come at the king....you best not miss
Murk
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-22-2010 at 11:57 AM

thanks guys!

found a version from 83 on there too.
Monkey_Julius_BoWaffle

[*] posted on 5-29-2010 at 09:13 AM

Wow, who is gonna be singing for this? Should be interesting.

I'm a pretty big Skrewdriver fan. Hell, I'm actually a pretty big fan of a lot of RAC music. Of course, I don't give two shakes for the politics and sometimes that shit will actually ruin a good album for me (case in point, No Remorse "This Time The World" - god, I LOVE the music/songs/everything about it until he starts singing stupid shit like "nigger, hate your face, don't try and mess with the master race" - and a hell of a lot of the songs on the album have blatant lyrics like the above, really ruins that one for me).

Most often however, a lot of good RAC doesn't have such abrasive lyrics. In fact, most Skrewdriver songs, you could play around anyone and they would be none the wiser. Brutal Attack are much the same. I actually might like Brutal Attack more than Skrewdriver.

I'm also one of the weird Skrewdriver fans that doesn't care too much for the first album. I know a lot of people consider it one of the best punk albums ever released, but apart from a few songs, I actually find it kinda boring. Love the "sound" of the album, but don't care so much for the actual songs themselves. I actually like The Templars stuff a lot - they sorta copied that sound and did a damn good job with it.

I guess my favorite Skrewdriver stuff of all of it would be the "Boots & Braces/Voice of Britian" stuff (the CD combines those 2 singles with several other GREAT singles - the "Built Up Knocked Down" single is GREAT - the whole CD is pretty great minus that shitty song "White Power" - one of a handful of the more blatant Skrewdriver songs).

"Hail the New Dawn" is also a great great album. One good song after another. "Blood & Honour" is decent, I find a lot of it sorta boring. And I actually like the "White Rider" album quite a bit.

Really, the only Skrewdriver album I really dislike would probably be "Warlord" - that is one BORING album. "Freedom What Freedom" is pretty boring as well. But I dig some of their later stuff like "After the Fire" and I think "Strong Survive" is a damn fine album with songs like "Stand Proud", "Shining Down", the title track - just a load of good stuff on that one. I think Ian went out on a high note with "Hail Victory", I really dig most of it.

I also dig a fair deal of stuff from his solo LPs - "Triumph of the Will" is a great song. I think Ross the Boss formerly of Manowar played on some of his solo stuff. The 2 "Patriotic Ballads" LP's he did w/Stigger are pretty good stuff. Never cared for the Klansmen stuff he did with Demented Are Go backing him. I do however sorta dig his metal project White Diamond. Shitty production, but some good songs.

Besides Skrewdriver, Brutal Attack have really put out some damn fine albums. My favorite one probably being "When Odin Calls", though I do love that really simple 2/4 beat, 3-chord punk/oi of "Stronger Than Before" - that's an album I can always go back to and enjoy. Ken Mclellan's solo albums are incredible IMO. Man, some of those ballads on those albums will give you the chills.

Damn shame these bands believe in all that nazi bullshit. Such good music and, especially in the case of Brutal Attack/Ken Mclellan, they probably could have went a lot further had they not believed in and espoused that whole bullshit garbage.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top