Mood: new CF songs

[*] posted on 5-31-2010 at 02:34 PM
THIS IS HARDCORE FEST 2010

Tickets are on sale now!

ThisIsHardcoreFest.com

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 5-31-2010 at 02:40 PM

I thought for SURE we'd be seeing CF on the bill this year.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 5-31-2010 at 02:49 PM

I don't even know who a lot of those bands are, but seeing ST, Killing Time, WIC, Cro-Mags, and Ringworm would be worth the price of admission.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
JUICE MAYNE MSHC

[*] posted on 5-31-2010 at 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BD
I thought for SURE we'd be seeing CF on the bill this year.

it's been discussed for the past 2 years. I said no because I honestly don't think CF should take the spot of a more deserving band who plays way more shows than we do, and has a much larger demand than CF does.

Who cares anyway...Sheer Terror is way better than Clenched Fist.

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-31-2010 at 03:19 PM

unfuckin real
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 5-31-2010 at 04:09 PM

i understand, homie. just bummed that after all these years, i haven't seen cf. looking forward to chilling out with ya, though. you gonna be up the full week before?

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 5-31-2010 at 04:47 PM

I should also mention that if you're on the dance floor during Starkweather there's a chance I might unknowingly choke the life out of you. That band puts me in the zone and wild stuff ensues.

JUICE MAYNE MSHC

[*] posted on 5-31-2010 at 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BD
i understand, homie. just bummed that after all these years, i haven't seen cf. looking forward to chilling out with ya, though. you gonna be up the full week before?

Not sure about the whole week. But definitely a couple days beforehand. There's always a lot of running around and errands to do before Fri.

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 6-1-2010 at 11:52 AM
Here's the full announcement from Joe Hardcore:

THIS IS HARDCORE 2010. OFFICIAL INFORMATION/LINEUP AND NOTES.

I can say with ease that I've worked harder this year to produce a lineup that was both unlike any other fest going right now, and unlike the TIH's of the past while still following along the principles that I started up with in 2006. I've done my best to produce a festival lineup that is unique to This Is Hardcore 2010. I wanted those who've supported for 5 years as well as the first time visitor travelling from far overseas to get a lineup worthy of their money and time spent. As Hardcore fests continue to pop up in the United States it makes it harder for This Is Hardcore to sift through the names and find a lineup and bands that aren't playing 3 or 4 fests. Gone are the days of Sound and Fury and TIH being the only names in the game. As the regional fests grow, I had to work towards something that served not only my own specific area's interest would suit the interests of anyone who wishes to attend. I won't lie and say that it was an easy task, especially with 2 new festivals on the East Coast this year and both looking to book bands that would have had a spot on TIH this year. But I think sticking to my guns and not booking too many bands that are on the other fests and working towards bringing up some incredible new acts or lesser known acts, TIH is going back to what started us off in the first place. I see alot of bands stuck in the rut of sounding one way, dressing one way and the diversity and unity we had in 06 going away. As the division creeps further along, I'd like to break things up a bit, show that you don't need to tour 6 months or be on a more established label just to be a "name" in the hardcore scene today.

Doing This Is Hardcore is not only my passion, but its a challenge that I've set for myself and I consistently raise the bar each year in hopes of not only hosting a great weekend of incredible bands, but hoping that the weekend is spreading the seeds of ideas, showcasing new or upcoming bands and ultimately opening the eyes of the generation that is most active in hardcore today. As I get older I see the value in having older bands come back and show the new kids how it was done before, and deep within me there is no greater pleasure then seeing one of my personal favorites back on the stage, even if its just for a night. Bringing some old names back to life, I am not only hoping to establish a new generation's love and interest in these bands, but to bring back old friends and familiar faces to a scene with so many kids whose names escape me because I just met them last year.

I am eternally grateful for all of your patience in waiting for the lineup and information to go public or be announced. I wanted to change how I brought things to light and although taxing as it was to wait for it all to fall into place, I am the happiest that I did it this way.

Whether you're an old friend who I haven't seen in years, or a new kid who I just met last weekend, I really hope to see you all that the fest this year. I've had alot of hardships in my personal life to get over and working on this fest has helped me get through it all. I am most proud of this year's lineup and I hope you are half as excited as I am .

THIS IS HARDCORE 2010
AUGUST 13,14,15

Club Polaris (starlight ballroom)
460 N. 9th street
Philadelphia, PA

Weekend (3 day) Passes- $70 in advance http://www.r5productions.com/event-details/?tfly_event_id=10...

Single Day Passes
Friday - $27 Fri
http://www.r5productions.com/event-details/?tfly_event_id=10...
Saturday - $25 Sat
http://www.r5productions.com/event-details/?tfly_event_id=10...
Sunday - $28 http://www.r5productions.com/event-details/?tfly_event_id=10...

Tickets also available in person
27 North 2nd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106-2214
(215) 922-3855

Friday August 13th

EARLY CHECK IN FOR TICKETS !!!! Come early if you're in town. Get your wristband and come back for doors. THIS WILL AVOID THE CRAZY LONG LINE!
Check in @ 3- 4pm (will be announced when we decide but it will be early)

Doors are @ 530pm
$70 for weekend / $27 for Friday

Sheer Terror
Merauder
Ceremony
Horror Show (reunion)
Title Fight
Death Before Dishonor
the Rival Mob
Touche Amore
Punch
Agitator

Saturday August 14th
$70 for weekend/ $25 for Saturday

Doors 11:30 am

Cro Mags
Bane
Cold World
Trapped Under Ice
Bulldoze
Ringworm
Foundation
Starkweather
OutBreak
Mindset
Clubber Lang
Killer
Backtrack
Creatures
New Lows
Judas
Xibalba
the love below
Seraphim
Expire
Cut Short

Sunday August 15th
$70 for weekend/ $28 for Sunday
Doors 11:30 am

Ink And Dagger
Kid Dynamite
Blacklisted
Killing Time
Wisdom In Chains
Pulling Teeth
Reign Supreme
Mother Of Mercy
Hands Tied
Ruiner
Nails
Truth N Rights
Homicidal
Almost Home
Hour Of the Wolf
Accident Prone

Sheer Terror is playing This Is Hardcore 2010 because they feel like it.. This is their warmup show for their 1st ever Japan Tour in September of this year.
Sheer Terror is one of the greatest Hardcore bands ever. They were one of the first to incorporate metal into the music, and lyrically they delved into many a dark corner of the Rev. Paul Bearer's soul, fusing a hard sound with introspective and cleverly worded lyrics.
The band is not playing ANY other shows besides TIH 2010 and the Japan tour. This is a one off very special occasion.

Ink & Dagger is playing This Is Hardcore to benefit Maks & Zielanski family. http://miraclesformaks.com/
Ed Zielanski (Crud Is A Cult / Flagman)'s son Maks was diagnosed with rare childhood cancer. Ed & Kim Zielanski moved across country to get Maks treated at CHOPs
Maks has made a full recovery but the family is still under a huge financial burden. Ink & Dagger is donating all show and merch profits to their family.
The Lineup is Don Devore-guitar Josh Brown-bass Terry Yerves-drums Chris Tropea-lights Geoff Rickly (Thursday) - Vocals.

Robby Redcheeks has been trying to set up a large benefit for awhile for their family. Don Devore contacted Robby about doing something to help out. This conversation turned into possibly doing a Dagger show to benefit the Zielanski family. I offered to host the reunion/benefit at This Is Hardcore. They've recruited Geoff Rickly of Thursday who is a longtime fan of Ink & Dagger to front the band.
We will be collecting donations at the show for the Zielanksi family and you can donate here. http://miraclesformaks.com/
Dagger is also paying tribute to the memory of Sean McCabe, the band's deceased vocalist. Sean was not only a key figure in the Philadelphia Hardcore scene but an inspiration and friend to many.

Kid Dynamite is one of the Philadelphia greats as well as a band who took hardcore on a different thought process as the 90's wore down. Infectious punk backing to a straight forward hardcore approach brought Kid Dynamite to the forefront of the scene at a time when hardcore began to slip away into the beginnings of the modern metalcore scene as well as the end of the tough guy/victory records era began to wind down. They never sold out their values and were never pimped into a position that jeopardized their ethics. They hit the scene hard for 4 years and have left a lasting impact. Many kids ask for them each year and due to good timing and luck we're very happy to have Kid Dynamite this year.
This is a one off show with no future shows planned at this time.

Sunday night's last three bands will feature the 3 most important hardcore bands in Philadelphia's history. Each one of them has given the city not only the most memorable shows and music, but a sense of individual pride. We're not New York, Boston or DC. We're Philly. To have these 3 close out the finest year for This Is Hardcore is not only an honor and privilege but a celebration of what our city's scene has to offer. Our bands have had their ups and downs, but in this trio we have the bands that each in their own way have redefined what was going on and shook the scene up. From days of the church shows with Ink and Dagger to Blacklisted, Philadelphia's hardcore scene has always offered some of the greatest lineups, craziest bands and hardcore moments that will be recounted for decades.
Blacklisted has helped not only shed the skin of many of the style and aesthetic trappings but has held their own not only as a revolution to the status quo in hardcore but keeping the Philadelphia tradition alive and well. They are the current torch bearers for the City of Brotherly Love and each This Is Hardcore has had the glory to see BL outdo themselves year after year. 2010 will be no exception and is truly a Blacklisted set you don't want to miss.
In my opinion, This Is Hardcore 2010 couldn't end on a better note.

There will be full bag checks this year at TIH. Don't bring weapons or drinks.
There has been zero fights at THIS IS HARDCORE, and we're keeping it that way.
The venue is all ages to enter, 21 WITH VALID ID (passports are ok) to drink.

Labels that will have tables include Bridge 9, Deathwish, Think Fast, Jumpstart, Six Feet Under, 6131, Organized Crime, Harvcore, Reaper, Youngblood.

photo passes - I DON'T WANT YOU ON MY STAGE TAKING PICTURES .
If you don't know how to get a pass, you're not qualified to get one.
I don't want stage potatoes or the hardcore paparazzi. I don't care who's online site you take pictures for.
Sonny and the infamous HATE 5 SIX productions will be filming the whole show.

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 6-1-2010 at 11:52 AM

Also, Sunday single-day tix are already sold out.

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-1-2010 at 12:03 PM

I purchased a friday last night.
M.Alki

[*] posted on 6-1-2010 at 07:01 PM

I will be there for the weekend, I will be drunk for the duration of this time.
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-1-2010 at 08:20 PM

Goddamn... I might have to get a 3 day pass. There are bands I want to see every day of the fest.

Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 6-1-2010 at 09:51 PM

Clubber Lang, Ringworm & Bulldoze on the same day :o

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 6-1-2010 at 10:20 PM

Three day passes are sold out.

Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 6-1-2010 at 10:51 PM

Damn that didn't take long at all. Joe's gonna need to find a bigger venue soon.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 6-1-2010 at 11:02 PM

900 weekend passes, plus 300 sunday-only tickets gone in about 30 hours.
really impressive.

sentrand
Posting Freak

Mood: hate riot 513,sheer terror, yuppicide, joe coffee

[*] posted on 6-1-2010 at 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Six66Mike
Damn that didn't take long at all. Joe's gonna need to find a bigger venue soon.
no doubt, i only wanted friday.

I'm a jerk. All night,I'm seeing Sentrand and thinking "Where do I know that guy from?".
thedog
Posting Freak

Mood: Deals Gone Bad

[*] posted on 6-2-2010 at 12:17 AM

no more tickets for friday.
that sucks.

\"thank you very little\"
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 6-2-2010 at 12:20 AM

From Joe:
"THIS IS HARDCORE 2010- COMPLETELY SOLD OUT IN UNDER 36 HOURS. Thank you to all the kids and all the bands. I am without fancy words..."

necrobutcher

[*] posted on 6-2-2010 at 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BD
From Joe:
"THIS IS HARDCORE 2010- COMPLETELY SOLD OUT IN UNDER 36 HOURS. Thank you to all the kids and all the bands. I am without fancy words..."

This is fucking wild. I can't believe that this is sold out already.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-2-2010 at 05:32 PM

I got an irate phone call from my knucklehead friend Volpe who didn't purchase online in time..
Dude was workin on a construction site at 39th and Lancaster when I told him he might be able to get tix at that record store. He took off in the cement mixer truck and flew to old city....double parked the thing and got his tix. the last 2 fro Friday he said...
Glad he was able to.
My apologies to the people driving in center city around noon today....
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-2-2010 at 07:55 PM

SUcks, but saves me a huge wad of cash. So fuck it.

Price you pay for your entire interaction with hardcore being just shooting the shit on the Thorp Boards. Haha.

necrobutcher

[*] posted on 6-2-2010 at 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by juandiablo
I got an irate phone call from my knucklehead friend Volpe who didn't purchase online in time..
Dude was workin on a construction site at 39th and Lancaster when I told him he might be able to get tix at that record store. He took off in the cement mixer truck and flew to old city....double parked the thing and got his tix. the last 2 fro Friday he said...
Glad he was able to.

That just gave me this great mental image of a dude driving through center city yelling, "I'm coming Paulie!" Probably didn't happen like that but would rule.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-2-2010 at 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by necrobutcher
Quote:
Originally posted by juandiablo
Glad he was able to.

That just gave me this great mental image of a dude driving through center city yelling, "I'm coming Paulie!" Probably didn't happen like that but would rule.

it may not have been all that different really....this guy is pretty funny at times, and it frightens me that he is allowed to drive a cement mixer
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top