Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  3
Author: Subject: Sheer Terror...
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

Mood: Beltones

[*] posted on 6-1-2010 at 09:11 AM

I'd love to get ahold of whatever you come up with for merch, I hope you'll give us a crack at it too.

Veritas odium parit
mattybar

[*] posted on 6-1-2010 at 09:34 AM

any idea when the Japan dates will be announced?
i've been meaning to get out there for years and this seems like a good time to go to catch the show and also because it won't be like 200 degrees!
sentrand
Posting Freak

Mood: hate riot 513,sheer terror, yuppicide, joe coffee

[*] posted on 6-1-2010 at 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tireironsaint
I'd love to get ahold of whatever you come up with for merch, I hope you'll give us a crack at it too.
maybe some bigger sizes too.

I'm a jerk. All night,I'm seeing Sentrand and thinking "Where do I know that guy from?".
sentrand
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-1-2010 at 03:04 PM

which day?

I'm a jerk. All night,I'm seeing Sentrand and thinking "Where do I know that guy from?".
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 6-1-2010 at 03:04 PM

Sheer Terror is playing Friday.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
sentrand
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-1-2010 at 11:38 PM

FUCK ME. SOLD OUT.

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 6-1-2010 at 11:40 PM

"FIRST IDIOT CAUGHT SELLING TICKETS"
http://www.theb9.com/view-topic/734034

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
thedog
Posting Freak

Mood: Deals Gone Bad

[*] posted on 6-2-2010 at 12:20 AM

everything is sold out, except a few tickets for saturday.

sucks.

really wanted to see the friday show.

\"thank you very little\"
sentrand
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-2-2010 at 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by thedog
everything is sold out, except a few tickets for saturday.

sucks.

really wanted to see the friday show.
makes 2 of us

Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 6-2-2010 at 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BD
"FIRST IDIOT CAUGHT SELLING TICKETS"
http://www.theb9.com/view-topic/734034

I love the dozens of posts from people who all thought they could go if 2 extra tickets weren't bought. Only 1 of them would have been able to get it, if they were the next 2 to order, but they carry on like all of them could have went if this dude didn't exist lol.

Then the dude posts (presumably him) at the top of page 3 claiming he doesn't have any let alone 3 and it was a joke on his friends :D

Either way like every other festival this one has outgrown it's own shoes & venues, so hopefully next year he picks a place double in size, if not bigger. Especially if he keeps ripping out bands like this to play. I mean seriously, Clubber fucking Lang!

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
panzerkreuzer
Posting Freak

Mood: gang green

[*] posted on 6-2-2010 at 10:33 AM

i found this basecap in a mailorder. is it official or a bootleg?
http://www.coretexrecords.com/#app=32f5&36aa-selectedIndex=0...

REV.PAULIE

[*] posted on 6-2-2010 at 02:24 PM

Hat's not authorized...sent 'em an email about it...'Supposed to be friends with those guys...Harrumph...!

Will learn to Tap Dance,eventually...Will have you broads Hula,definitely...Trust me,you'll see.
sentrand
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-2-2010 at 02:53 PM

i like the hat but will not buy.

Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-2-2010 at 04:25 PM

What a bunch of chooches. Who cares if a dude is scalping the tickets? That whole board is about people buying and selling records at inflated prices on Ebay and shit. Please note today, 6/2/2010, as the day that the hardcore scene got values.

random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-2-2010 at 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Lind
What a bunch of chooches. Who cares if a dude is scalping the tickets? That whole board is about people buying and selling records at inflated prices on Ebay and shit. Please note today, 6/2/2010, as the day that the hardcore scene got values.

Let me second everything Mark just said. Isn't B9 notorious for putting out limited edition releases on six different colors (50 of each)? And then saying it's because they can make more money off of those 300 slabs of vinyl than if they just did 1000 on black vinyl??

Also, I loved this...

Quote:
Originally posted by joehardcore
I am also 100% retiring This Is Hardcore Fest.
Dead Serious.
I booked the perfect fest that I could do in 365. If the hardcore scene is cool with dudes selling tickets for $200, then you can collectively book your own fest from scratch (or do what I did and call it something else) and I can play with my kids, or get good enough at swordfighting to be knighted or become King.
I do this out of love. If there is zero problem with people scalping TIH tickets, then someone else can book a fest in its place and I'll get back to the rest of my life.

I don't know Joe, but from all accounts I've heard he's a genuinely good guy. But come on, this is ridiculous. He may have done it out of love, but there's a hell of a lot of money floating around here. Fuck, Paulie even came on here and said the Sheer Terror "reunion" is for him to get a free trip to Japan, and it's a plus that he's getting paid good money for these shows, including TIH as a warm-up for the Japan shows. (For the record, I have zero problem with Paul doing this, and I am 100% in support of his decision.) I can do basic arithmetic. 900 weekend passes at $70 and another 300 Sunday tickets at $70+, and a sold-out festival. Well, 900+300 (since the venue can hold those 300 single-day passes for each day) is 1200 tickets sold for at least $70, so that's - at minimum - $84,000 from ticket sales.

This isn't a CBGB's matinee, and it isn't the GMM Beer Olympics where I was paying like $15 for a 3-day festival with tons of amazing bands. Lots of people are making money here. And while this one guy is a douchebag, let's not pretend "the scene" is all about love and unity. There's plenty of time before the show... announce that you're looking for a new BIGGER venue and that people shouldn't buy from scalpers, then sell more tickets at the same price when the venue is booked.

And about the money... again, shit, people on here have already asked about new Sheer Terror merch for TIH. Lots of bands will be printing limited edition shit for the show, charging a premium, and making some much-deserved money. Are they ripping off "the scene"? Maybe, but lots of "the scene" deserves to be ripped off, and half those fuckers will sell it on eBay the next day and earn some cash by ripping off someone else for even more.

If this was really all about hardcore, DIY, unity, blah blah blah... the bands would do it for just enough to cover expenses, Joe wouldn't earn any money (and I have no idea if he even is making anything now, but wouldn't be surprised if he's getting nothing), and the tickets would be like $15 with no fears of the show selling out because you can always get a bigger venue.

And for the douches on the B9 board, they can get off of an get fucked buy their high horses.

*gets off soapbox*

Please read and, if you can, help out a friend: http://www.gofundme.com/jacobmedical.
random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-2-2010 at 06:06 PM

Oh, that $70+ for "Sunday" should be the total for Friday-Saturday-Sunday bought as individual day passes (since they were like $25 for each day).

Also, I hope every band playing this show supports "the scene" by getting their merch from New Republic. But I'm sure some will go to some outside business who can save them $5 on the total order.

Please read and, if you can, help out a friend: http://www.gofundme.com/jacobmedical.
panzerkreuzer
Posting Freak

Mood: gang green

[*] posted on 6-6-2010 at 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
Hat's not authorized...sent 'em an email about it...'Supposed to be friends with those guys...Harrumph...!

interpunkis selling them as well. so i think they weren´t made by core tex.

REV.PAULIE

[*] posted on 6-6-2010 at 12:34 PM

'Found out that the hats were printed by MerchDirect,without asking me...I have a deal with them for 2 shirt designs (the old Bulldog one,and the Angel one which should have been discontinued),so the hats are "legit",just not exactly authorized.

As for selling tickets for a ridiculous amount of money...I could go either way on this...If someone really thinks that getting into a show is worth a couple o' hundred bucks - I,personally,think they're nuts...When the Cb's shows I did in '04 were sold out,a guy that I didn't know came to me at my job and offered me $300 to put him on the guest list...Whereas,I was flattered tha he though it was worth so much,I turned him down...I'd have really felt like a dick for taking his money...Sure,I've sold old tour merch on Ebay for decent coin.But,that's a bidding thing.I always started out at a low/reasonable number.How the fuck did I know that some guy in California would want to pay me/think that $300 was cool to pay for a hoodie?Did I feel bad about that?No...just confused,and a little richer.

And,don't be mistaken - there's A LOT of overhead involved in putting on a show like TIH....Yeah,a lot of money is involved...but a lot of it gets spent even before the first band plays a note.

And,Mark - the "day the hardcore scene got values" comment was just plain dumb....It always had it's own values...As twisted,or perverted they may have been/gotten - they existed.It used to be about "fighting the good fight".Now,it just seems to be about fighting ourselves.

Will learn to Tap Dance,eventually...Will have you broads Hula,definitely...Trust me,you'll see.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 6-6-2010 at 01:36 PM

I'd pay $200 to see Sheer Terror, but I've always benn a bit nuts.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-6-2010 at 02:09 PM

I ran into a friend at the "Funeral" who paid something ike $100 for his ticket after they sold out.
I got lucky enuff to get them while they were still on sale...
Looking back however, if I was in his position, I know I would have gladly parted with the $100 for that.
barc0debaby
Posting Freak

Mood: Punk as Fuck

[*] posted on 6-6-2010 at 02:49 PM

It all depends on what your scalping for. If its for a new sleeve and bigger butt plugs in your ears, that is pretty weak. If you take an opportunity to make a couple hundred dollars to pay bills and shit that's all good.

Bills/Food > Hardcore any day.
Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-6-2010 at 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
And,Mark - the "day the hardcore scene got values" comment was just plain dumb....It always had it's own values...As twisted,or perverted they may have been/gotten - they existed.It used to be about "fighting the good fight".Now,it just seems to be about fighting ourselves.

My comment was a generalization about many of the modern bands and the subculture associated with them. But it isn't unfounded.

Hardcore (and many subgenres of punk) is so absurd and bizarre to me because it's all about the benjamins for many participants until it becomes about the benjamins for the wrong person. Then everyone wants it to be about something more pure. Like everything I'm sure it started honestly until someone found a way to exploit it. Not sure why the guy that's selling these particular tickets is the exploiter that should be singled out though.

This guy seriously should have just put them on Stub Hub as an anonymous user though. That's where he fucked up.

mattybar

[*] posted on 6-7-2010 at 04:53 AM

hey i paid well over $200 to come to the cbgb shows in 2004 once i'd covered flights and shit.
which brings me back to my last point, any idea when the Japanese dates will be announced, Paul?
Seems like a good time to go to Japan.
M.Alki

[*] posted on 6-7-2010 at 07:54 AM

I dont think it's ridiculous at all that Joe is bummed out about people scalping tickets. He doesnt put TIH on to try have a fat wad in his pocket at the end of it all and as Paulie said a lot of that money gets spent before the first band even plays a note. There are a lot of expenses involved that take up a lot of any money made. If I put months and months of effort and hardwork in to putting something on only to find out that people were taking the piss by intentionally buying tickets to sell on for a higher cost, I'd be pretty fucked off too, it's not like this is some stadium rock show or anything where you'd expect that kind fo stuff. Although I guess at the end of the day, if someone is willing to pay that money for something they want, it's also their own stupidity for being willing to do so and will only encourage people to up the price. The people on B9 moaning just because they didnt get tickets is dumb as yeah, it doesnt mean they would have got one for sure if those few people hadn't bought extra tiks to sell.
DeLorenzo

[*] posted on 6-15-2010 at 01:12 PM

Late Pass Sorry...

Joe works hard on TIH and he outdid himself this year for sure.

Sheer Terror is going to be awesome.:baddevil:

Pages:  1  2  3

Go To Top