Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Lebron James
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 7-9-2010 at 12:32 AM
Lebron James

Who?

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-9-2010 at 05:26 AM

The guy that needs Wade and Boshs help to get a ring...

I know this sucks for Cleveland...and while everything Gilbert says here about LeBron and his narcissism is spot on...who does this:

Open Letter to Fans from Cavaliers Majority Owner Dan Gilbert

Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

Dan Gilbert
Majority Owner
Cleveland Cavaliers

This dude has flipped his wig. They did almost nothing at all to try and aid Lebron in bringing Cleveland a championship and believed a 25 yr old was going pass up buckets of money and a legit chance at a championship out of loyalty? Then write some scathing letter talking about curses like some butt hurt Cubs fan, how naive is this ownership? This letter being on the main page of a professional sports teams page is some low rent shit.

...that makes me cringe for you guys even more than Lebron leaving does.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 7-9-2010 at 10:23 AM

not a basketball fan, so i don;t know much about this.
all i heard was that dude was getting a hour long tv show to announce where he was going to play next.
self serving, but whatever.

but this letter is off the hook.
what kind of professional organization is that?
that's some WWF talk right there!

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
barc0debaby
Posting Freak

Mood: Punk as Fuck

[*] posted on 7-9-2010 at 10:30 AM

Can't really blame the dude for being narcissistic, he has been groomed for super stardom from a young age. That majority owner
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 7-9-2010 at 10:38 AM

The news here tonight said he passed on up to $1bn (yes billion) worth of NBA contract & advertising/promotion money to play for the Knicks just so he could go to Miami. 1 billion. Can't say he's entirely greedy to pass up that shit with NY lol. When you got cash coming out to wazoo though whats a few hundred million.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
JUICE MAYNE MSHC

Mood: new CF songs

[*] posted on 7-9-2010 at 10:52 AM

Narcissism aside...I think it's retarded that every regular person in the world can switch jobs in order to get a promotion or to earn more money or to be a part of a winning company but people get so upset when these pro sports players do the same thing. I understand that every fan is loyal to their team and that they feel betrayed by this but really it's ridiculous.

I mean if a friend said "hey man I just switched jobs and now I'm getting awesome benefits and $1000 more a month" no one would say "oh you fuckin coward you betrayed your company! fuck you!"

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 7-9-2010 at 11:35 AM

^ agree completely.
that seems to be the one thing that people forget...
he may be full of himself and paid out the ass, but he can do whatever the fuck he wants.
it's a job!

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-9-2010 at 11:59 AM

There's some dude from Cleveland on one of those jersey burning bits on CNN comparing this to 9-11 lol.
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-9-2010 at 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JUICE MAYNE MSHC
Narcissism aside...I think it's retarded that every regular person in the world can switch jobs in order to get a promotion or to earn more money or to be a part of a winning company but people get so upset when these pro sports players do the same thing. I understand that every fan is loyal to their team and that they feel betrayed by this but really it's ridiculous.

I mean if a friend said "hey man I just switched jobs and now I'm getting awesome benefits and $1000 more a month" no one would say "oh you fuckin coward you betrayed your company! fuck you!"

You're friend also probably wouldn't be a public celebrity, constantly on TV. LBJ is far from a regular person.

I get what you're saying...people do invest too much of themselves into these people, but it's kind of apples and oranges. There's a romanticism around athletes and their locale that isn't the same as John Watson going from Dell to Gateway for a bigger payout.
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 7-9-2010 at 10:26 PM

I thought the Cavs gave him everything he wanted anyways, from what I've read he had the run of the club to do whatever he wanted. When you got a cushy job like that you don't really get to use that excuse. Personally I'd rather take a team like Cleveland who were a basement team for years and turn them into a championship instead of taking the easy way out and joining a now allstar team to try & win one. I want my effort to be worth it not handed to me, it seems like an empty victory if the Heat win now. Cleveland did really good last year, you can't expect the golden nugget overnight, look how long Ray Bourque had to play hockey before he got the cup. Shit ain't supposed to be easy.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-9-2010 at 10:42 PM

anyone remember dudes at shows in stackhouse jerseys?
WINTHESKIN

[*] posted on 7-9-2010 at 10:58 PM

I remember "The Stackhouse Crew" haha

I never liked Farakhan cause he called me the devil,and I never liked Hitler cause he said I was god.
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 7-10-2010 at 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jason the Magnificent
There's some dude from Cleveland on one of those jersey burning bits on CNN comparing this to 9-11 lol.

^^^^^^^ I saw the jersey burings on the news last night, but never heard anyone comparing it to 911.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 7-10-2010 at 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Six66Mike
I thought the Cavs gave him everything he wanted anyways, from what I've read he had the run of the club to do whatever he wanted. When you got a cushy job like that you don't really get to use that excuse. Personally I'd rather take a team like Cleveland who were a basement team for years and turn them into a championship instead of taking the easy way out and joining a now allstar team to try & win one. I want my effort to be worth it not handed to me, it seems like an empty victory if the Heat win now. Cleveland did really good last year, you can't expect the golden nugget overnight, look how long Ray Bourque had to play hockey before he got the cup. Shit ain't supposed to be easy.

^^^^^ Exactly, That is what separates Lebron from the greatest players of any game. Lebron just does not have what it takes to lead.

Murk
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-10-2010 at 02:20 PM

the uproar around this has "sour grapes" written all over it.

"Sour grapes is an expression originating from the Aesop Fable The Fox and the Grapes. It refers to envious behaviour, especially pretending to not care for something one does not or cannot have."
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 7-10-2010 at 05:36 PM

Na, your wrong about the sour grapes bro. Seriously, I hate B-Ball. Never cared for it and I'm all about anyone making more money or furthering a career. Dude fucked over Cleveland royally. Plain and simple. I think Basketball is the most rigged/fixed sports ever and sucks to fucking watch. I can only imagine he is regretting his decision right about now. Bridges get burned and i ma guilty of it too, but dude went about this shit wrong. He fucked over The Cavs owner. Every single loyal Cleveland fan, every single business in this area and the local charities he supported. Not to mention all the people who followed him locally when he was in Jr high and High School.

Again, I am all about someone leaving Clevo and becoming prosperous. It happens all the time. It's just funny how "THE KING" could do nothing when he personally picked his surrounding cast and basically ran this team. Still could not win the Championship. He needs to other dogs to make it happen. DOgs that did not want to move to Clevo when they had the chance.

Murk
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-10-2010 at 07:27 PM

Clevo, I was more referring to the nationwide hate campaign that he's only going to Miami to get a ring.

i've been hearing it talked about on the radio and at work quite a bit.
Heely

[*] posted on 7-10-2010 at 09:55 PM

I really hope he never wins a title in Miami, or any where else, and hopefully get injured. I know that makes me sound like a bitter CAVS fan, but so be it.
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 7-11-2010 at 02:02 AM

No prob Murk.

lifeisabitch
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-11-2010 at 02:27 AM

Who?
and who cares?
how's that oil spill?
how are those wars?
dudes making how much money to but a ball in a hole, while people are dying for his freedom to do so?

fuck him, fuck Miami and fuck "professional sports"
spoiled ass bitches, just like Hollywood, and just like pop stars...

/rant

clevohardcore

[*] posted on 7-11-2010 at 11:37 AM

http://video.ap.org/?f=OHELY&pid=TXUaKoJa_Zk_zm2A43BDrxuLu7g...

Go To Top