Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: One last favor...
REV.PAULIE

[*] posted on 8-18-2010 at 05:17 AM
One last favor...

Post this for all my buddies on B9...

Dear Shnookums,

Thank you for all the free publicity.It was awfully nice of you to keep the monumental awesome time that we all had at the show fresh in everyone's mind.I owe you one,maybe two.You're the best!

I speak the way I speak.I'm not trying to "shock" anyone.If you were genuinely offended by a few select words that I used? I suggest that you either grow a thicker skin,or be prepared for a lifetime of hurt ahead of you.You could've very easily came up to me and said something,in a civilized manner,and I would have talked to you until we either shook hands and departed friends or agreed to disagree,or fought it out in the parking lot.It was your decision to wait to "stand up for your beliefs" on the internet,from the "safety" of your home.

You can not like my band all you want,and I have no problem with that.You don't have to just because I've been around longer than most of you.Believe me,there are PLENTY of people/bands that would be considered my "peers" that I wish would finally go away.I don't like a great deal of what is considered "Hardcore",these days,but I'm glad to see that at the very least that "kids" are trying.I wouldn't "talk shit" on any of them,unless they said something that I found offensive.Just as you did,I.But,if I had the venue to confront them in person - JUST LIKE YOU HAD FOR 3 FUCKING DAYS - I would have.

I'm not trying to be "hard",by no means.Debts collected,debts paid.That's how I try to live my life.I could suggest you try the same,but not all of us are cut from the same cloth.That's what was that made this scene/community great.But,I guess that's all done with once someone speaks without looking around for an "O.K.". I live/work without a filter.It's my being,not an "act".Yes,I do know that not everyone is going to be on the same page that I am.Hell,we're not even reading/writing the same book! But,the finger pointing and downright slander that has been tossed my way really wasn't a surprise.But,it's still a disappointment.I don't expect a 18-21 year old to see my point of view,and I don't slight them for it.It's to be expected that they don't.Even,rebel against it.

I'll go on living the life that I do,and speaking the way that I speak because it's the only thing that I know how to do.I hope the same,for you.I'd be disappointed if you didn't.But,if you wanted to talk,all you had to do was walk on over and introduce yourself.I honestly would've loved a good debate/conversation.I fucking THRIVE on it.

But,you didn't.

Think what you will,and I know you will...But,at the end of the day?

You lose.

Fuck you,for trying to drag my name through the muddied grounds that you haven't the decency or pride to stand on.

I remain,
Rev.Paul Bearer/Sheer Terror

Will learn to Tap Dance,eventually...Will have you broads Hula,definitely...Trust me,you'll see.
REV.PAULIE

[*] posted on 8-18-2010 at 05:17 AM

Spellcheck,anyone?

Will learn to Tap Dance,eventually...Will have you broads Hula,definitely...Trust me,you'll see.
jonnynewbreed
Posting Freak

Mood: Quite nice actually.

[*] posted on 8-18-2010 at 06:53 AM

Well said. I don't know the back story but your letter pretty much explains what went down.

Thanks for being who you are and sticking to your guns.
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 8-18-2010 at 07:25 AM

"That's what was that made this scene/community great." doesn't quite make sense, maybe drop the was? It doesn't sound right but I can't word it any better.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-18-2010 at 07:30 AM

"kids" in most respects are numbskulls.
they stand to learn quite a bit from guys who been around as long as Paul.
like stop tryin to sound like hatebreed for one....
and grow a pair, as said before.
there's still hope for it all with bands like ST being in it
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-18-2010 at 07:40 AM

So what's the story? I think "that's what was that made this scene/community great" makes sense if you grammar check and changed it to "that's what was what made this scene/community great."

stateofdisgrace

Mood: Kill Your Idols, H2O and Eminem

[*] posted on 8-18-2010 at 09:50 AM

I posted it in one of the stupid threads for ya.

I also want to thank you for doing that cover with Hammer Bros. in NYC a few January's back at my Birthday show.

For those who never saw it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOkKWNkeiEA

Fuck them b9ers.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 8-18-2010 at 10:44 AM

added it as a reply to the thread that included your OG post.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-18-2010 at 01:20 PM

The irony is half the people who posted in those threads 2 days ago have already moved on from HC.
gavin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-18-2010 at 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jason the Magnificent
The irony is half the people who posted in those threads 2 days ago have already moved on from HC.

nice

you come at the king....you best not miss
Colin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-18-2010 at 02:28 PM

Quote:
scenehoppers

record collectors are pretentious assholes
Spoiler
Posting Freak

Mood: All that scene philosophy never meant a goddamned thing to me

[*] posted on 8-18-2010 at 02:33 PM

Quote:
Ha That made me laugh

Go To Top