Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: fordirelifesake NIN cover
moron
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-1-2004 at 10:11 AM
fordirelifesake NIN cover

I dont know how I feel about this. The downward spiral is a fucking masterpiece, and March of the Pigs is definately one of the better songs on that album. I dont really know if ANYONE can cover NIN and hold the intensity of the original, though I saw The Dillinger Escape Plan cover one of their songs pretty well live the one time I saw them.

Anyway... I still have yet to totally digest the new album, but I was really suprised to hear that cover.

tireironsaint
* BANNED *

Mood: Beltones

[*] posted on 10-1-2004 at 04:28 PM

Maybe I'm the wrong person to post on this topic since I've only heard a very few FDLS songs and didn't like them at all, but I think HC has fallen far from what it was if a band that some people would call HC is covering a fucking NIN song. This just tells me that the HC I grew up on and love is an endangered species. It's bad enough when bands are covering Slayer and shit, but this is sad news to my ears.
moron
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-1-2004 at 04:50 PM

I consider FDLS metal. Ive heard kids call The Dillinger Escape Plan hardcore when they sound like metal to me. I guess it's all in how you define "hardcore". A sound or an attitude. Anyway... FDLS is metal to me.

wedge

Mood: punk rock

[*] posted on 10-6-2004 at 03:04 PM

we have never consider ourselves a hardcore or metal band. we just consider ourselves a punk rock band. we're just playing our version of punk rock and other music that has influenced us. i also grew up listening to alot of hardcore bands and still listen to alot of hardcore bands. to be on the same label as bands like madball, blood for blood and slapshot is an amazing thing to me. i also play bass in a hardcore band called this means war. FDLS just wanted to cover NIN to see if we could do it. we wanted to duplicate it the best we could using no samplers or programming. so what you hear is straight up guitar, bass, drums and vocals (distorted of course!). i knew we were going to catch some shit for that cover, but oh well. fuck'em!

\"i\'m going to bring your world down in fire\"
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
Big Ugly

[*] posted on 10-6-2004 at 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tireironsaint
Maybe I'm the wrong person to post on this topic since I've only heard a very few FDLS songs and didn't like them at all, but I think HC has fallen far from what it was if a band that some people would call HC is covering a fucking NIN song. This just tells me that the HC I grew up on and love is an endangered species. It's bad enough when bands are covering Slayer and shit, but this is sad news to my ears.

I couldn't agree more.

ENDERA.x
Posting Freak

Mood: Icepick

[*] posted on 10-6-2004 at 06:09 PM

NIN... okaaaaaaaay

whatever.

this means war, any mp3's ?

wedge

Mood: punk rock

[*] posted on 10-6-2004 at 07:24 PM

not yet, hopefully soon. its like a cross between, the panic, bloodpact, some girls and the last trial record. just really fast hardcore with some stomp and two stepping parts.

\"i\'m going to bring your world down in fire\"
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
ENDERA.x
Posting Freak

Mood: Icepick

[*] posted on 10-8-2004 at 06:36 AM

k nice nice i look forward to hearing some stuff

moron
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-11-2004 at 05:51 PM

well, I gave this album a bunch more listens over the past few days and it's solid. I like it more than the last full length because there's definately more diversity in the songs. It's not a bunch of fast songs with noodling guitars that seem to blend together and then an accoustic song or two thrown in. Each song stands on it's own much more and they dont all sound really similar.

MORON APPROVED!

GabeTexasGAMC
* GROWN *

Mood: Teenage Fanclub

[*] posted on 10-11-2004 at 08:47 PM

but is it metal?

no really...

is it?

well then....

ok.

bah...
fevers going away. Its kinda like drunk posting, but not really.

Go To Top