Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Music I've re-discovered recently
Vanilla Gorilla
Posting Freak

Mood: Yellow Stitches

[*] posted on 9-3-2010 at 08:20 PM

I love king size braces wish i had known about them earlier.

Speaking of Rediscovered i was at the gym and the Ducky Boys cover of razors in the night came on on my Ipod, so fucking good.

Well I've got a feeling I'm gonna get mine in. Retribution let the games begin.
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

Mood: Beltones

[*] posted on 9-3-2010 at 08:47 PM

Never could get into King Sized Braces, saw 'em once and it was nothing special. Could have been an off night, everybody has 'em, but none of the recordings I've checked out ever did anything for me either. And yeah, that terrible name never did 'em any favors either.

BD, you really need to get on board with Anti-Heros, that's almost inexcusable. I've never heard anyone deny the whole Murder One story before and I hafta say I'm more than a little leery of taking some raving post on a Swedish website as gospel. From what I know, Mark Noah has been nothing but a stand up guy and I see no reason he would slander innocent folks for the sake of a controversial song.

Veritas odium parit
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 9-3-2010 at 09:18 PM

The person denying it probably has a problem with Merk Noah.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

[*] posted on 9-3-2010 at 11:04 PM

This is what I'm thinking too. I'm curious enough that I'd love to see proof for either side of the debate, but I haven't the slightest idea where to look for something like that.

Veritas odium parit
Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-4-2010 at 12:24 PM

The problems with the comment on that site is that it is taking some liberties with the song and story. The song exists as a song because there was no trial and conviction. Or even an open case if you ask Mark. The police closed the case and let it go because it was a homeless person that no one cared about. If that part is true then of course there isn't gonna be documented anywhere. It could have been listed as a suicide for all we know.

tireironsaint
* BANNED *

[*] posted on 9-4-2010 at 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Lind
The problems with the comment on that site is that it is taking some liberties with the song and story. The song exists as a song because there was no trial and conviction. Or even an open case if you ask Mark. The police closed the case and let it go because it was a homeless person that no one cared about. If that part is true then of course there isn't gonna be documented anywhere. It could have been listed as a suicide for all we know.
Exactly. That's why I was saying I have no idea where anyone could even look into info on this. If it all went down as the song says, then there wouldn't be any official paper trail to follow. It certainly wouldn't be the first time someone the state couldn't care less about was swept under the rug.

Veritas odium parit
joey

[*] posted on 9-5-2010 at 07:54 AM

I agree he could be full of shit, I guess because i read the comments on this other one, which is true. http://usofoiofsweden.blogspot.com/2009/09/anti-heros-unrele...
I have the original '86 demo and a rare comp with 'dead inside'.
Demo version of 'that's right' is damn good
Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-5-2010 at 12:51 PM

Who knows? Young men have all sorts of misdirected anger and hostility in general. The Mark Noah I've known since 1996 is DEFINITELY not a racist or even sketchy in the least bit. He's probably one of the only people on this planet I actually look up to in some regard and I'm certain that he isn't a racist. He likes to push people's buttons in his music so who really knows about some old song. It could exist for all I know.

I know he co-wrote a record with my brother Rob that was intended to be the next Anti-Heros' album but it never got recorded. Last time I heard from Mark he said he still has all the stuff written out in his top drawer and could always pull it back out if the mood ever took him. That would be pretty pissah.

Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 9-5-2010 at 03:43 PM

Why did you have to mention that Mark? Add Anti-Heroes/Rob to the list of shit I NEED to hear.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
joey

[*] posted on 9-5-2010 at 03:51 PM

I wasn't saying hes racist, just that the song exists. Has mark ever talked about getting the band back together?
Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-6-2010 at 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by joey
I wasn't saying hes racist, just that the song exists. Has mark ever talked about getting the band back together?

I lost touch with him about 6 years ago and reconnected via email around new year's. He just mentioned still having the record he collaborated with Rob on ready to go if he ever felt like it.

Remember that lyric on American Pie where he says "when I'm older I'll raise a family". That's what he seems to be doing these days. His son is about the cutest little kid I've ever seen.

random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-6-2010 at 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Lind
I know he co-wrote a record with my brother Rob that was intended to be the next Anti-Heros' album but it never got recorded. Last time I heard from Mark he said he still has all the stuff written out in his top drawer and could always pull it back out if the mood ever took him. That would be pretty pissah.

Is this like 8 or 9 years old? I know Rob did - or was supposed - to play bass for Anti Heros at the Beer Olympics one year, and I couldn't make it. Should have been 2001 or 2002, I think.

I have a feeling that music is amazing. Anti Heros have some of the greatest and some of the absolute worst songs and lyrics. But if Mark and Rob wrote it together, I gotta think it's amazing.

And before someone calls me out on saying some Anti Heros was awful, let me remind you of this gem of a lyric from "Disco Riot"...

"It was black that night. It was black as night."

Please read and, if you can, help out a friend: http://www.gofundme.com/jacobmedical.
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-6-2010 at 04:26 PM

I wish that Mark Noah stuck with his old style singing on the newer albums instead of that Sam Kinison shit...kills my ears...and this is coming from someone who loves god awful grindcore screaming.
random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-6-2010 at 04:35 PM

Jason, do you think his singing style changed or just the production quality of the albums? I haven't listed to Underneath..., That's Right, or Don't Tread... in years, and I've to put them on again to have an informed opinion. But my memory is that Mark always sounded like Kinison, but it comes across a lot more on the recent stuff that has decent production.

Please read and, if you can, help out a friend: http://www.gofundme.com/jacobmedical.
random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-6-2010 at 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rollinpinmim
I only have Paxton Boys in MP3 format and wish I had a hard copy on vinyl. Did they ever release anything else?

That 7" is the only think I know of. I saw that they had a legitimate myspace page up recently. Link here, followed by band history from myspace: http://www.myspace.com/paxtonboys

Quote:

OK, Since Scott will not admit to the existance of the Paxton Boys and his Father will, Steve (Scott's dad) is now completing the P-boys top friends of band members. For the record, The Paxton Boys are no longer together and there are no plans for a reunion except maybe for a few drinks. And now onto the story of the Paxton Boys. Paxton Boys: In 1903, three strapping young men (and Scott) joined together to form a rock juggernaut the likes of which had never before been seen outside of Luke's basement. In a Boston scene that had become clogged with shitty bands humping the collective leg of the Dropkick Murphys, the Paxton Boys were a welcome breath of old school street rock. As one would expect, when Boston was confronted with the force that was the Paxton Boys, numerous scenester douchebags immediately labeled them as Nazis. While this would help gain the Paxton Boys fans in such far off, possibly fictional lands as "Florida" and "Texas," it was pretty ridiculous, because Scott was (and perhaps still is?) Jewish. Of course, being Boston scenesters, the accusers were no where near intelligent enough to put two and two together and figure this shit out. That's ok, though. I'm sure that said scenesters were all too busy trying to find those limited edition Ducky Boys records or whatever. Anyway, the Paxton Boys short-lived and fabled career included shows in Boston, Providence RI (which almost doubled as the scene of a Warriors-like brawl between the Boys and Urban Riot, instigated by the Boys' sharp as nails roadie and merch king, Matt "Dazzle" Daly, ([who by the way keeps telling me to delete his name from this bio, but won't supply a good reason for me to do it.]), Plymouth, MA, and other places that I would be able to think of if it weren't like 10 years ago. The Paxton Boys also released Skinhead Rock and Roll to critical acclaim on Punkcore Records, quickly selling out the first (and only) pressing. The Paxton Boys entertained offers to record an album for several record labels, in the end releasing 2 tracks on a DSS records compilation, and also recording a pretty bad-ass cover of Blitz' "Never Surrender," for a never-released tribute comp before calling it a day and disbanding. Since, the Paxton Boys have turned up in many younger bands' list of influences, on eBay, where Gibby sold his Paxton Boys shirt, and where you can also find some chode-licker from Oakland selling Paxton Boys pins without approval and without compensating the now vastly successful and powerful former members.

Spoiler
Posting Freak

Mood: All that scene philosophy never meant a goddamned thing to me

[*] posted on 9-6-2010 at 06:47 PM

is it true that the Anti-Heroes sued the makers of the film "American History X" over them using one of their shirts or patches on one of the racist skinheads in the movie? I remember reading something about this years ago.

random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-6-2010 at 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Spoiler
is it true that the Anti-Heroes sued the makers of the film "American History X" over them using one of their shirts or patches on one of the racist skinheads in the movie? I remember reading something about this years ago.

I don't think the song "NLC" (New Line Cinema) was a joke, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-hvY_MyT4E. My impression was they sued and reached a settlement. It was a tattoo, but if you watch that movie now, you will not see the logo.

Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-7-2010 at 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by random
Jason, do you think his singing style changed or just the production quality of the albums? I haven't listed to Underneath..., That's Right, or Don't Tread... in years, and I've to put them on again to have an informed opinion. But my memory is that Mark always sounded like Kinison, but it comes across a lot more on the recent stuff that has decent production.

I don't think it's the production...he always to a degree sounded like Kinison but on American Pie and Underneath he definitely turned it up. Could be the age difference and his voice...who knows. It's a shame because those are really good albums that I find my self not being able to make it through a couple songs anymore before I just put That's Right or Don't Tread on.
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-7-2010 at 05:51 AM

Quote:
Quote:

I don't think the song "NLC" (New Line Cinema) was a joke, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-hvY_MyT4E. My impression was they sued and reached a settlement. It was a tattoo, but if you watch that movie now, you will not see the logo.

If I remember right the only time you could really see it was an AH tattoo was when dude was singing that zoo song in the van.
Colin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-7-2010 at 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jason the Magnificent
Quote:
Quote:

If I remember right the only time you could really see it was an AH tattoo was when dude was singing that zoo song in the van.
yep, so what, did they edit it out completely now or something? I heard they asked for his permission, he said no, & they did it anyway

record collectors are pretentious assholes
Barnesey

[*] posted on 9-7-2010 at 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Blackout Colin
Quote:
Originally posted by Jason the Magnificent
Quote:
Quote:

yep, so what, did they edit it out completely now or something? I heard they asked for his permission, he said no, & they did it anyway

Their record label at the time is responsible for them using it. Mark Noah said no and the label gave them the go ahead anyways.

Live Fast Die Young
Push It To The Limit \'Til The Coffin Calls
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top