Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Perez Hilton
Brit

[*] posted on 9-9-2010 at 06:49 PM
Perez Hilton

Dude is a piece of shit.
I don't understand why people follow/read him.

Ugh.

"I was born to hustle roses down the avenues of the dead." - c.bukowski

music - buy my EP! + iTunes + facebook + myspace
Johnny_Whistle

Mood: the voices

[*] posted on 9-10-2010 at 08:43 AM

Because he's a trainwreck who writes about other trainwrecks, so everybody assumes he has some kind of insight.

http://www.facebook.com/johncurtinmusic

"Making people laugh is the lowest form of comedy"
-Michael O'Donnohue
Colin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-12-2010 at 02:16 PM

because people are fucking idiots

record collectors are pretentious assholes
BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-4-2011 at 05:15 PM

See my avatar.

BKT.

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 1-4-2011 at 05:20 PM

ooooh, is THAT who that is?
HA! I assumed he was some extreme sports dude you had heat with.
any reason why he gets the gas face from action recon?

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-5-2011 at 01:48 AM

Gas face? What does that mean?

If you are asking why we don't like him, check out his site and that should clear things up. He is a pile of shit and one day I will attack him.

BKT.

Lucabrasi
Posting Freak

Mood: f-minus

[*] posted on 2-27-2011 at 04:54 AM

Perez gives us gays a bad name. BTK please kill him asap.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 2-28-2011 at 06:01 PM

Didn't know you were gay. He doesn't just give gays a bad name, he gives Western society a bad name.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
Lucabrasi
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-1-2011 at 02:46 AM

yeah. I tried to hide it for 20 years, but living a lie is no fun, then again being gay isnt much fun either but oh well.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

[*] posted on 3-2-2011 at 03:03 PM

good for you man. If people don't like you for it then ignore them. Not worth wasting your time on them.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
Lucabrasi
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-2-2011 at 04:32 PM

Thanks. Very true. Everyones been cool and what not. I get the occasional comment from my friends but its all in good fun. They know if they go to far I'll punch em' in the face :karate:
BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-19-2011 at 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lucabrasi
yeah. I tried to hide it for 20 years, but living a lie is no fun, then again being gay isnt much fun either but oh well.

100% good for you man. It takes a lot of sand to stand up and be who you are and fuck every single last person who is not cool with it. I know its easier said then done and there is really no way I could understand the magnitude of what you are going through, but its even harder for me to understand the magnitude of the stupidity of the people that have a problem with it. You sir are as real as it gets.

BKT.

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 4-20-2011 at 12:08 PM

Luca, somehow I just now saw your post. It sounds like you struggled for some time over whether or not to share this with those around you. I can't imagine how difficult that decision was, but I hope you feel better now that you have. If there's one thing the punk and hardcore community is supposed to be about, it's accepting people for who they are. I'm sure your true friends, especially those here, are genuinely happy for you.

Also, this:
Quote:
Originally posted by BKT
100% good for you man. It takes a lot of sand to stand up and be who you are and fuck every single last person who is not cool with it. I know its easier said then done and there is really no way I could understand the magnitude of what you are going through, but its even harder for me to understand the magnitude of the stupidity of the people that have a problem with it. You sir are as real as it gets.

BKT.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
Colin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-20-2011 at 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BD
If there's one thing the punk and hardcore community is supposed to be about, it's accepting people for who they are.

record collectors are pretentious assholes
Johnny_Whistle

Mood: the voices

[*] posted on 4-20-2011 at 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Blackout Colin
Quote:
Originally posted by BD
If there's one thing the punk and hardcore community is supposed to be about, it's accepting people for who they are.

http://www.facebook.com/johncurtinmusic

"Making people laugh is the lowest form of comedy"
-Michael O'Donnohue
random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-20-2011 at 06:40 PM

First off,

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny_Whistle
Quote:
Originally posted by Blackout Colin
Quote:
Originally posted by BD

Second, like others, sorry I missed this for so long. I forget there are other sub-forums here and always go right to General Discussion. Just noticed this for the first time and also learned that the person in BKT's avatar is Perez Hilton.

On the slightly humorous but related aside, I remember hearing a while back that David "Tank" Abbott (from the early UFCs) is bisexual and people on MMA message boards couldn't believe it, I guess because a guy "that tough" couldn't have a different sexual orientation than the typical idiot meat head MMA fan. The humor, obviously, is in the irony that the supposed "sissy" Tank Abbott would knock the shit out of every one of those self-perceived "tough guys."

Please read and, if you can, help out a friend: http://www.gofundme.com/jacobmedical.
Lucabrasi
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-24-2011 at 10:34 PM

wow, I wasn't expecting this. Thanks everyone.

Yes, living with something that I diligently tried to hide for 20 years or so was an extremely hard thing to deal with at times. I'd see friends in many relationships and the feeling that I would never experience that was tough to deal with. Feeling as though I needed to build up my "straight cred" to keep people away from asking questions. Hell I've done it on this board and others as well. The old " Yeah I banged this chick" etc.

After so many years of hiding it it really started to effect me in other aspects like my mental well being. I literally couldn't verbalize to myself that I was gay until about 2 years ago, and as strange as it may sound that was tough to do. You hear stories of people who wish/pray they could be straight and I certainly did the same because I didn't want to deal with the stigma attached to it.

I finally came to terms with it and told my mom last August while on vacation with her. She was supportive and gave me the "as long as you're happy" speech. I'd heard stories of people who had come out and they felt so much better, like a weight had been lifted but it was the opposite for me. I felt worse, I felt exposed, I felt as though I had this big sign hanging over my head telling the world who I was. Over time though and telling more people I felt better about myself. All my close friends know and have been supportive of it. Some friends I haven't told because I'm not sure how it would mess with the dynamic of our friendship. Not to say I wont tell them but the time has to be right. It's like coming out over and over again when you have to tell someone. There's still that nervousness of what their response will be and the awkwardness that sometimes follows. Overall though I'm glad I came out.

Oh and Random. I remember reading on the sherdog website about the Tank Abbott thing. It's great to know there are people out there that don't fit the stereotypical lisp/limp wrist image. There is also Shad Smith who is the first openly gay MMA fighter ( http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2008/3/24/165229/759 ) Unfortunately people still think gay=weak but hopefully those stereotypes fade out.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 4-25-2011 at 08:56 AM

This is a great example of what annoys me about people who argue that homosexuality isn't biologically determined - there's this assumption that people who ARE gay WANT to be gay.

A very close friend was telling me about a conversation she had with her mother, shortly after telling her that she was gay. The mother asked, "well, when did you know you were gay?" She replied, "when did you know you were straight?"

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 5-5-2011 at 10:46 AM

"How many more gay people does God have to create before we ask ourselves whether or not God actually wants them around?"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20110504/us_yblog_t...

Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

[*] posted on 5-5-2011 at 03:46 PM

Guy makes a perfect argument.

newbreedbrian
Posting Freak

Mood: doc watson

[*] posted on 5-5-2011 at 04:05 PM

Yup, very well said. I can't understand for the life of me why people give a shit who someone marries or has sex with. The arrogance and self importance that sort of behavior shows baffles me.

Also, since I hadn't read this thread previously, congrats Lucabrasi on having the balls to be who you are. I can imagine that wasn't easy to do. Anyone who's bothered by that isn't worth calling a friend in the first place.

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ?You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I?m just not close enough to get the job done.? George Carlin
morgan
Posting Freak

Mood: neighbors fighting

[*] posted on 5-12-2011 at 03:15 AM

Damn I need to remember to check out the other forums more often.

First off I have no idea who perez hilton is and from everybody's reaction to him in here I figured I'm probably better off for it.

Secondly and more importantly way to go for being open about being gay. I know it's becoming more acceptable but I can't imagine how difficult that was.

Support the arts, shoot a rapper.

Go To Top