Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Terror documentary
BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-5-2010 at 03:04 PM
Terror documentary

I know a lot of people on the site are digging the new album so I thought I would post a link to the documentary they have out right now.

http://www.actionrecon.com/2010/11/terror-keepers-of-the-fai...

BKT.

spyderdog

Mood: my own dumb ass band....yeah im like that

[*] posted on 11-5-2010 at 04:23 PM

im for sure gonna watch this

necrobutcher

[*] posted on 11-5-2010 at 08:36 PM

I was never a fan of Terror but that was fucking good.

BKT, did you make that?
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 11-5-2010 at 08:59 PM

i love this band's dedicated. constantly on the road, and putting out new releases consistently. but it seems a little weird to have a documentary. how long have they been around, 10 years?

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 11-5-2010 at 09:31 PM

Great band and pretty good introspection of dudes life too.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
CR83

Mood: Harm's Way

[*] posted on 11-6-2010 at 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by clevohardcore
Great band and pretty good introspection of dudes life too.

exactly
BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-6-2010 at 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by necrobutcher
I was never a fan of Terror but that was fucking good.

BKT, did you make that?

No I did not make that. Just thought it was interesting.

BKT.

DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-9-2010 at 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BD
i love this band's dedicated. constantly on the road, and putting out new releases consistently. but it seems a little weird to have a documentary. how long have they been around, 10 years?

I'm wondering if the thing is about Terror or about Scott.... because Scott's been around "forever" from the perspective of a guy from my age group. I mean, I got into shit probably around the time Despair ended and Buried Alive came out shortly there after.

gavin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-9-2010 at 05:05 PM

"that whole punk vibe never really stuck with me....i didnt like the whole anarchy, look at me, i'm a freak, i'm different, i'm a weirdo, but the energy of it, and the aggression of it def. interested me"

this is why this sort of thing was never and will never be my thing
jock metal
no thank you
more for youz who enjoy it for whatever reason
i want no part of it
football players who started a band
and influences is fucking metallica

you come at the king....you best not miss
barc0debaby
Posting Freak

Mood: Punk as Fuck

[*] posted on 11-9-2010 at 06:03 PM

I hate the term jock, that shit should have died with the 80's. I turned to punk rock because of "jocks" and all the stereotypical I don't fit in reasons, but punk rock kids are worse than most groups, so much elitism and judgment. The values are different, behaviors are the same. Its all a crock of shit.

Go to a punk rock show and everyone is leering at each other and posturing. Go to a pick up game of any sport at the park and all the "jocks" are cool as fuck.
gavin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-9-2010 at 06:11 PM

im just saying
it's not for me
i'm not interested
which may be why i was a "freak" in the first place
i'm not interested in the things many people are
this is not for me

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-9-2010 at 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by gavin
"that whole punk vibe never really stuck with me....i didnt like the whole anarchy, look at me, i'm a freak, i'm different, i'm a weirdo, but the energy of it, and the aggression of it def. interested me"

jock metal
no thank you
i want no part of it

I love you
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-10-2010 at 04:57 PM

Quote:

jock metal
no thank you
i want no part of it

I can see where you're coming from, but I think Terror has some of the most sincere shit out there right now. And the "fuck you" attitude and all that.

I don't vibe with the spotless Nike's and flat billed ball caps thing these guys do, but to each his own.

That said, I could have been considered a jock through jr high and high school, but I never fit into that crowd. Wasn't until I discovered hardcore at 17 that I felt like I'd found my place... and I was rocking everything. From Crass to Earth Crisis, Warzone, AF, Madball... whatever I could get my hands on.

gavin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-10-2010 at 05:47 PM

the statement he made, that i quoted here, makes me think he is a meathead who before deciding that "hardcore" was "cool", he was one of the people calling punk rock kids freaks and weirdos.
im basing this opinion solely on the statement he made here.
nothing else as i know nothing else of this guy and after hearing such a statement, i will never know anything else of him as he is into a far different thing than i am, one i have no interest in knowing anything about
i have listened to a few of their songs before
it sounds like metal passing as hardcore to me
more power to them
again, just 100% not my thing at all

if this statement he made is what "hardcore" is, i want no part of it at all
because it has become something i know nothing about and something that i can not relate to in the least

this statement reminds me of what alot of the old heads said happened to hardcore back when.
jock types decided it was "cool" because they could beat the shit out of "freaks" and it was all ok to do
fuck that

again, im only going by this one statement and that's all there will ever be for me as i will pay less attention to them than i did before, which was very little at best

Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 11-10-2010 at 06:06 PM

I have no doubt that Vogal is sincere in his love for hardcore, but the quote Gavin posted is the reason I don't like a whole demographic of the "scene." I can't relate to jocks, and they couldn't relate to me back then. I got treated like shit for being "weird" or "freaky" in their eyes. I was lucky enought to be bigger than most of them so I didn't get beat up like a lot of other people did. I can't get into the hyper-masculinity of the Terror-type bands and their fans. To me that attitude has nothing to do with punk or hardcore. I just view punk/hardcore different from those kind of guys, so to each their own.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
JUICE MAYNE MSHC

Mood: new CF songs

[*] posted on 11-10-2010 at 06:09 PM

Quote:
the statement he made, that i quoted here, makes me think he is a meathead who before deciding that "hardcore" was "cool", he was one of the people calling punk rock kids freaks and weirdos.

Won't argue with your opinion on Terror or hardcore, but as someone who is friends with Scott, I can verify that this isn't the case at all.

gavin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-10-2010 at 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JUICE MAYNE MSHC
Quote:

Won't argue with your opinion on Terror or hardcore, but as someone who is friends with Scott, I can verify that this isn't the case at all.

right on
again, im basing this solely on the quote from this video that was posted

clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 11-10-2010 at 08:07 PM

NOt to mention wasn't SLUGFEST championing straight edge and same with DESPAIR? Dude even states he was dung a shit load of drugs back then makes him a walking contradiction.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
CR83

Mood: Harm's Way

[*] posted on 11-10-2010 at 11:28 PM

I agreed with Scott about "punks" in the, lack of a better term, "scene" in my town when I was more active. My problem with the punks is that everything thing they were doing and wearing was so borrowed. Nothing was original it seemed. They were more into image. I gravitated to the hardcore bands because of the sound (more metal) and it was just dudes in t-shirts, tennis shoes and shorts.

I was lucky enough to meet Scott in Dallas a few years back, could not have been a nicer guy. I'm glad Gavin brought this up though. It gave us something to think and talk about. We haven't had a topic like this in a while. Feels good and everyone's point, in my opinion, is valid here.

Nice to see us back at it.
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-11-2010 at 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by clevohardcore
NOt to mention wasn't SLUGFEST championing straight edge and same with DESPAIR? Dude even states he was dung a shit load of drugs back then makes him a walking contradiction.

You know, I'm not sure dude was ever straight edge, but Slugfest may have definitely been an edge band. However, he said it was after that band broke up that there was some serious drug shit. I don't think Despair was a straight edge band though.

Funny that the guy lifts Judge, Project X and RAID lyrics on almost every Terror album though. The whole song "What I Despise" on The Damned The Shamed is straight out of a RAID tune.

I can vibe with Scott on aspects of the criticism of punks. I mean, more often than not the punk look is a put-on, a front, and a means of getting attention for the sake of getting attention. The only thing that makes those dudes significantly different from the rest of the world is that they are trying to be different, to be freaks. Much as I like Conflict, their look was calculated. As people get older they tone it down.

I dyed my hair pink once, but ultimately I never really vibed with that whole schtick. But I think that's part of the origins of hardcore punk too... the whole get-up wasn't as much a part of hardcore from the beginning. Here were a bunch of outcasts, and losers who felt no need to put on this punk uniform but who made the punkest shit out there. I think the shame of it is how much of a put-on the whole hardcore scene is these days. The whole imitation of hip hop styles, now skinny jeans etc. The right tattoos, brass knuckle belt buckles... it's all bullshit. Especially when 90 % of the kids are pussies.

Go To Top