Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: The awesome Aussie dollar
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

cool.gif posted on 11-9-2010 at 11:01 PM
The awesome Aussie dollar

Bought myself a new camcorder today online. I got a Panasonic HDC-SD60 which offers HD to 1080i on SD memory cards.

http://panasonic.com.au/products/details.cfm?objectID=5437

Cheapest I could find here was about $600aud. Decided today to check Canada/US and found it for $339 from http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/674166-REG/Panasonic_H...

Total USD was $401.40 or $404.29CDN including shipping with UPS for $62.40 3-5 day. Total price in AUD on my credit card, $400.51. :thumbup:

I may not want to convert my $990USD to AUD yet but damn shopping for shit overseas is definitely a massive bonus with the dollar being above USD. Last month on the news they showed that iPod's and iPhone's were most expensive in Australia. With the dollar like this we can order & ship from overseas and get half price off retail value for this stuff.

I'm loving it. Had to share it with someone lol.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
Johnny_Whistle

Mood: the voices

[*] posted on 11-10-2010 at 10:52 AM

Glad we could help you out. Mr. Speaker, more stimulus please!

:frog:

http://www.facebook.com/johncurtinmusic

"Making people laugh is the lowest form of comedy"
-Michael O'Donnohue
XnMeX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-10-2010 at 12:13 PM

I don't know if you are a computer gamer but if any of your AUS friends are... I heard there is a way for Americans to buy games on Steam (an online computer game selling service) and gift them to Australians. Helpful because games that cost $49.99 for Americans cost $79.99 for Australians.

SHAKO KEN

Mood: cynic

[*] posted on 11-10-2010 at 10:35 PM

the aussie $ has definitively gotten a lot stronger the past year and a half. it used to be 1 euro equalled almost 2 au$ but now it's 1.37 and the dollars of the us, canada and australia are all at the same value. i bookmarked an australian webshop last year to buy stuff from eventually but i guess i've waited too long because it's ridiculously expensive now. it's nice for you aussies though (as long as you're not in the export business).
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 11-10-2010 at 10:48 PM

It's pretty expensive to buy shit here though that's the problem. iphone/ipod were most expensive here even with good exchange rates. And the $800 camera got for $400 despite a strong dollar.

I'm still hoping to get some other stuff overseas. I was looking at trampolines but US was actually more expensive than AU for the same product made by the same company. Canada was the cheapest but only slightly more than AU so with shipping we're better off getting it here.

Cost of living is balls though.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
SHAKO KEN

Mood: cynic

[*] posted on 11-11-2010 at 02:52 AM

have you tried looking in the uk? the pound has gotten a lot weaker the past two years and royal mail has pretty decent shipping rates. don't know about large items though. i mostly get books, dvds and small electronics from there.

Go To Top