Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Hometown Thorwdown support announced
MikeResist

Mood: Everything

[*] posted on 11-18-2010 at 11:49 AM

I'm going the night H20 is playign as well thanks to Shawn. He bought me a ticket, thanks buddy!

ChadBeantown

[*] posted on 11-18-2010 at 11:53 AM

I agree 100% that 10 years ago the openers where more my cup of tea!! I will alway's like the Dropkick's but if I am going to spend $45 on a ticket I really want to know who else is on the show. I am one of the few people going to the show for the opening bands as well!! The last one I went to The Old Brigade opened and NOBODY paid attention at all. You could hear the crickets cherping between songs.

Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-18-2010 at 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ChadBeantown
I agree 100% that 10 years ago the openers where more my cup of tea!! I will alway's like the Dropkick's but if I am going to spend $45 on a ticket I really want to know who else is on the show. I am one of the few people going to the show for the opening bands as well!! The last one I went to The Old Brigade opened and NOBODY paid attention at all. You could hear the crickets cherping between songs.

Better to have crickets chirping than "the chant" haha

SLF

[*] posted on 11-18-2010 at 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ShawnRefuse
Barroom Heroes are opening one night for Dropkicks. The 13 year olds, according to their YouTube.

I can't believe a Dropkick cover band is opening for Dropkick
SLF

[*] posted on 11-18-2010 at 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Lind
Quote:
Originally posted by ChadBeantown

Better to have crickets chirping than "the chant" haha

So true. I've seen Big D get the chant. That was pretty funny since a decent sized amount of the crowd(albeit not that many, still, but more than a typical DKM opener) were into them.

Mark, every time I've seen you with DKM I've felt alone in knowing the songs. One time I had a group of middle aged women in dresses & high heels telling me to stop invading their personal space(this was St. Paddy's Day). It was pretty amusing.
ChadBeantown

[*] posted on 11-18-2010 at 04:26 PM

I am sure Barroom Heroes will be playing their own songs that night. They just finished recording a 6 song demo of originals that they have at shows.

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top