Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Poll: Where are you on these new TSA procedures?
Whatever it takes to keep air travelers safe.
--- 7 (53.85%)
I'll take the train. --- 6 (46.15%)

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Where are you on these new TSA procedures?
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 11-27-2010 at 05:40 PM
Where are you on these new TSA procedures?

You know, the full-body scanners and enhanced pat downs?

I understand the desire/need to keep people safe when traveling, but is subjecting yourself or your family to being photographed nude and/or intimately searched by a TSA agent worth it?

There have been countless articles about this recently, but here's a quick recap and FAQ from cnet: http://news.cnet.com/8301-31921_3-20023773-281.html

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-27-2010 at 06:26 PM

It's not a simple answer for me. I won't likely be taking a train anywhere. Most likely I'll just not fly anywhere and thus stay close to home when taking time off unless it's somewhere within a day's drive. My wife and son are flying to Oregon in January and it bothers me that she'll be subjected to this. She'll surely be "randomly" selected.

Also, it pisses me off the assumption that these procedures are necessary or even useful at all. Hijackings were pretty damned rare before 9/11, just as rare after, and these procedures weren't necessary. Shoe bomber, underwear bomber, it's passenger vigilance and Air Marshalls that stopped those guys. NOT TSA. You're more likely to die in a car accident than be on an airliner hijacked by a terrorist.

Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 11-27-2010 at 06:28 PM

If I was in the US I'd be on the train. If I was flying Australia to Canada I'd fly through Asia instead of the US or go Sydney to Vancouver to Toronto. They were talking about bringing the scanners here and I think they are, not looking forward to it. If you think I'm gonna blow up a plane when I'm boarding with my wife and 3 kids then you're a fucking idiot.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-27-2010 at 06:34 PM

Retarded shit like this makes me more than happy to consider taking jobs outside the US when I finish up what I'm doing now and never come back. In all seriousness, going through airport security in China was a breeze (and, honestly, quite nice, since they didn't even make me get out the wheelchair for the metal detector... they just pulled out the wand to check me and put down the arm wrests) compared to the US. If a regime that oppressive can maintain security and be polite while doing it, the US has no excuse.

This is all just a bunch of oppressive bullshit to encroach on civil liberties and make people feel "safe" while not actually doing anything to make people safer.

Oh, and fuck TSA and their shitbag employees. They're the mother fuckers who wished they could be bullies but didn't have the ability, so they chose the next best thing when it came to careers.

Please read and, if you can, help out a friend: http://www.gofundme.com/jacobmedical.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-27-2010 at 06:53 PM

I don't travel, so I don't care.
but if I absolutely had to, if someone wants a photo of my wang to feel safer, then here's my wang in an x ray.

Six66Mike
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-27-2010 at 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by random
Retarded shit like this makes me more than happy to consider taking jobs outside the US when I finish up what I'm doing now and never come back. In all seriousness, going through airport security in China was a breeze (and, honestly, quite nice, since they didn't even make me get out the wheelchair for the metal detector... they just pulled out the wand to check me and put down the arm wrests) compared to the US. If a regime that oppressive can maintain security and be polite while doing it, the US has no excuse.

This is all just a bunch of oppressive bullshit to encroach on civil liberties and make people feel "safe" while not actually doing anything to make people safer.

Oh, and fuck TSA and their shitbag employees. They're the mother fuckers who wished they could be bullies but didn't have the ability, so they chose the next best thing when it came to careers.

Yeah I went through Hong Kong twice in 2003, just before SARS broke out and in July when it was wrapping up. Both times it was real nice to go through, no problems, even with the SARS scare on the way back the screening was a breeze.

But when going through Hawaii to Canada in 2007 it was shit. Middle of the night, re-fuelling stop only but we had to get off the plane, clear customs, take my shoes off, go through security even though we did a security check in Sydney. I was fucking tired and kept bumping the scanner as I walked through, setting it off. Security dude gets pissed off and yells at me for hitting the sides. Then we stand and wait wihile 2 people check the entire plane through customs...

Fuck travelling through the US, never again.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
Murk
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-27-2010 at 07:49 PM

if you believe the government explanation of 9-11, then it's worth noting that these new security measures wouldn't have stopped the 19.

all of this TSA stuff makes me sick, as do the people who try to justify it.

remember when people use to say, "if we change the way we live, then the terrorists win"?

looking back on the last 9 years, the terrorists have achieved a "shutout".

we've had "papers please" for many years now, it was only a matter of time before they took it to the next level.
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-27-2010 at 07:49 PM

Also some other articles:

New Jersey wants to ban the scans - http://globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=21975
High dose radiation from full body scans - http://douglassreport.com/2010/07/18/airport-scanner-radiati...
Claims the TSA is a Gestapo empire - http://globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=22047

:wink2:

barc0debaby
Posting Freak

Mood: Punk as Fuck

[*] posted on 11-27-2010 at 08:13 PM

Quote:

Took the words right outta my mouth.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-27-2010 at 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by barc0debaby
Quote:

Took the words right outta my mouth.

I wasn't trying to sound like a dick or anything, but this is just another of those things that has no effect on me or my family of poor non traveling folk.
not for nothing, but I bet the people working the airports are already tired of naked images and frisking people in airports might be one of the worst jobs to have in my opinion.
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

Mood: Beltones

[*] posted on 11-27-2010 at 10:22 PM

This shit's ridiculous and useless. Everything I've read about these things so far says that they won't even pick up most things people would be taking aboard a plane with the intention of blowing shit up and that even something that should be pretty obvious like say... a boxcutter, could be slipped through this scanner very easily. Another thing I was reading recently pointed out the fact that although the TSA is always very quick to announce it whenever they stop someone from bringing "prohibited items" onboard a plane, not one single instance of them stopping a terrorist threat has been recorded.

Veritas odium parit
newbreedbrian
Posting Freak

Mood: doc watson

[*] posted on 11-28-2010 at 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tireironsaint
This shit's ridiculous and useless.

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ?You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I?m just not close enough to get the job done.? George Carlin
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-28-2010 at 12:38 AM

it won't stop Keister Stashing.....
lifeisabitch
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-28-2010 at 01:40 AM

no scanner or pat downs on my trip from NOLA to Jersey
the terrorists don't like cities of sin I guess...

it wont be long before tsa are on trains and buses as well...
and yeah it fucking sucks

clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 11-28-2010 at 02:34 AM

That video where they are shacking down the young child with his dad. Fuck all that shit. They made that boy get naked in front of everyone out in line.

This is the vid.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-28-2010 at 07:43 AM

I'm not going to pretend this is any more of a violation of my privacy than anything else the government does on a daily basis. I travel pretty frequently for work...I'd gladly let TSA rub my balls and ass crack if Uncle Sam would get out of my pockets...we're all his whore anyway.

and that kids father could have easily requested that search be taken elsewhere..HE's the one that wanted to expedite things by doing it there on the spot.

is it retarded that they're doing this to women and children? sure it is...but are we as Americans seriously going to chose this as the moment we wake up. that's some lol shit there.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 1-11-2011 at 06:51 PM

maybe i'm a giant fucking prude, but i just don't think my family should have to subject themselves to either being photographed (essentially) nude or getting felt up before boarding a plane.

this made me laugh: little:http://www.cnn.com/2011/TRAVEL/01/11/tsa.scanner.underwear/index.html

although the last two paragraphs kind of blow my mind:

...public opinion polls have shown most Americans support the use of advanced imaging technology.

Meanwhile, a recent survey conducted for the U.S. Travel Association found taking off shoes before going through a metal detector ranked more negatively than both pat-down body searches and full body X-ray scanning.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 1-12-2011 at 12:12 AM

I don't agree with it. Not trying to be a bitch or dick or whatever but the idea of my wife and kid being frisked and photographed pisses me off. I don't even like posting pics of em on facebook. I love em with all my heart and proud of them, but I like the privacy. I would not be happy if it got invasive when we do eventually travel.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
jonnynewbreed
Posting Freak

Mood: Quite nice actually.

[*] posted on 1-12-2011 at 07:37 AM

I fly a lot for work and most recently flew to Ottawa, our nations capitol, for business last week. Both on the way there and back I somehow made it to the enhanced search isle and chose the full body scan as I don't like dudes patting me down. I felt like a bit of an invasion and it was totally unnecessary.

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-12-2011 at 07:46 AM

If possible I'd chose trains.
I like trains.
jcarter

[*] posted on 1-12-2011 at 03:27 PM

I hate flying. With the full body scan, I hope they at least give you a chance to get chubbed up before they photograph your peesh.

LordActionWood

[*] posted on 1-12-2011 at 06:18 PM

Will be going through airport security wearing a cock ring and jesus shaped butt plug in case I get the full body scan.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 1-12-2011 at 06:51 PM

oh shit! speaking of which...
it just now dawned on me that piercings are sure to show up in dem scans, huh?
should be fun answering THOSE questions in front of the kids.

morgan
Posting Freak

Mood: neighbors fighting

[*] posted on 1-12-2011 at 10:19 PM

Dear TSA:
Just let me walk through a metal detector, hell I'll even take my shows off if it makes makes you happy, otherwise just leave the the fuck alone and let me go about my business.

Support the arts, shoot a rapper.
morgan
Posting Freak

Mood: neighbors fighting

[*] posted on 1-12-2011 at 10:20 PM

Next thing you know they'll be confiscating peoples shoelaces.

Support the arts, shoot a rapper.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top