Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  4
Author: Subject: Rob Lind / Blood for Blood
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-29-2010 at 02:31 PM
Rob Lind / Blood for Blood

A friend of mine forwarded this to me from another web board.
I hadn't seen it, and don't know the validity of it all, so don't quote me as the one passing it on but here is what was there:
Hello there children!

It's been long time..

A few months ago it was announced in the press that Blood For Blood would be touring again. Specifically it was announced that BFB would be doing this years annual Persistence Tour in Europe (with Sick Of It All, D.R.I., Unearth, Evergreen Terrace and others). It was also announced that Blood For Blood would be doing this tour and future shows without me.
In absence of a response or statement on my part, there was an immediate deluge of speculation, invective and hostility in reaction to the announcement online and in the scene. And it is ongoing.
With the Persistence Tour looming and Blood For Blood's return to the stage imminent, I just wanted to clarify my position and set the record straight.

First let me say that I was overwhelmed by the outpouring of support on my behalf. I have never been more sincere in my whole fucking life: it meant more to me than anything that has happened since I started playing music. I will never forget it as long as I live.
However the controversy was misguided and any negativity misplaced. I have been working with Buddha and Ian for the last few months now on the future of Blood For Blood and it has been an open and amicable relationship. The core of Blood For Blood has always been our friendship within the band.

I cannot tour at this point in my life. I hope to be able to again in the future but at present it is simply not possible for personal reasons that I will not get into. I miss it very much (believe me, I would like nothing more than to be getting up on stage with the guys in a few days for the tour's first show).

But my inability to tour doesn't alter the fact that Blood For Blood has an enduring legacy and demand. And the fellas in the band miss it all as much as I do.
After a few months of open dialogue and discussion we (Buddha, Ian, and I) have decided on an arrangement that is best for us all.

Though I stated I can't play out and tour right now, I am not done with music by a long shot. Nor am I done with Blood For Blood. Blood For Blood will always be a part of me and I will always be a part of Blood For Blood. And the show isn't over...
The band, with my full support and blessing and friendship, is going to tour again without me until the time comes when I can join them again on the road. This was the plan all along and that had been in the works for a while now. We just had to work out some internal details before I could jump in openly and publicly.

This is not a tentative or half-hearted arrangement. We intend to continue the band on all fronts. We intend to record again. We intend to play out and tour again (as I stated above, I will join in live whenever possible). And we are psyched about every bit of it.
On a side note, I have never at any point over the past few years stopped writing music (either for Blood For Blood or any of my other projects). Consequently I am presently hoarding the biggest glut of material in my life. And I can't wait to get to work on it.

So even though I won't physically be there on stage with the guys, I will be there whole-heartedly in spirit as a member of the band. Blood For Blood is back, bitches! I bet club security all over the world is weeping and hiring extra help and taking out better health care policies on their employees!
Murk
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-29-2010 at 02:34 PM

good to hear!!!
Vanilla Gorilla
Posting Freak

Mood: Yellow Stitches

[*] posted on 11-29-2010 at 02:48 PM

I hope that's true, and hopefully some of that "glut of material" will work its way into not only new Blood for Blood and Ramallah, but hopefully a new Sinners and Saints album.

Well I've got a feeling I'm gonna get mine in. Retribution let the games begin.
ShawnRefuse
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-29-2010 at 03:02 PM

awesome.

Good punk/HC/oi shows coming up. Check out http://myspace.com/refuseresistband
DAK
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-29-2010 at 03:09 PM

Word
random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-29-2010 at 03:33 PM

Awesome if true, but I doubt it. Seems to be almost the exact opposite of the statement on the BFB myspace when they announced joining the Persistence Tour and which is presumably from Buddha or Ian:

Quote:

Over the last few years we have tried time and time again to contact [guitarist & vocalist] Rob [Lind aka "White Trash Rob"] about a possible Blood for Blood reunion, but he has ignored every single attempt we have made. Therefore, we were left with no other choice but to find someone else to fill in for his BFB responsibilities. Now, let’s make this perfectly clear: We have no ill will towards Rob whatsoever. We wish him well and Blood for Blood will always be open to him.

Given that Rob is notoriously out of touch with technology (see Brit's blog post about him not having a phone or internet), I'm not holding my breath for a full-blown reunion. If and when he makes more music, I'll be one of the first to buy it, along with lots of others on here. But my guess is that this message is fake and that the guy is still working on keeping his life in order... and I wish him all the best in that endeavor.

Please read and, if you can, help out a friend: http://www.gofundme.com/jacobmedical.
barc0debaby
Posting Freak

Mood: Punk as Fuck

[*] posted on 11-29-2010 at 03:55 PM

If you search Rob Lind the first thing that comes up is our boards with 442 results.
Dave
Posting Freak

Mood: .......

[*] posted on 11-29-2010 at 03:56 PM

Mark, any confirmation about this?
Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-29-2010 at 04:19 PM

He said he wrote it. Not sure where it originated or anything though.

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 11-29-2010 at 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Lind
He said he wrote it. Not sure where it originated or anything though.

that's the part i found odd.
saw it on lambgoat with no source cited.
maybe he wrote them a letter and alex transcribed it.

Quote:
Originally posted by barc0debaby
If you search Rob Lind the first thing that comes up is our boards with 442 results.

i had never seen that before.
amazing.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-29-2010 at 04:28 PM

I knew something was a-brewing when I woke up this morning to several 4am emails from Rob where he had found a bunch of comments people made about him online.

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-29-2010 at 04:44 PM

I was also curious of the source because it was not referenced.

I'm liking the possibility of some new material from Rob, whether it is with BFB or not.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 11-29-2010 at 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Vanilla Gorilla
I hope that's true, and hopefully some of that "glut of material" will work its way into not only new Blood for Blood and Ramallah, but hopefully a new Sinners and Saints album.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
morgan
Posting Freak

Mood: neighbors fighting

[*] posted on 11-29-2010 at 06:57 PM

Awesome news. Hope it all works out.

Support the arts, shoot a rapper.
XnMeX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-29-2010 at 07:53 PM

Too many people would have just said "FUCK IT!" and gone on tour and "had fun"... I give Rob TONS of credit for staying away and focusing on his personal life. I know he doesn't see this stuff but I just wish him to keep it up.

Spoiler
Posting Freak

Mood: All that scene philosophy never meant a goddamned thing to me

[*] posted on 11-29-2010 at 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by XnMeX
Too many people would have just said "FUCK IT!" and gone on tour and "had fun"... I give Rob TONS of credit for staying away and focusing on his personal life. I know he doesn't see this stuff but I just wish him to keep it up.

I agree 100%. Not to mention the money he could make from a BFB tour right now.

I know all about addiction due to my older brother being in and out of rehab for as long as I can remember.You can't just go to rehab,get clean and then go right back to the same life you were living. You have to make BIG changes in you're life if you want to stay clean.Rob is no doubt doing the right thing. Thumbs up to him for realizing that and following through with getting his life back on track.I wish him the best of luck and look forward to the day he decides it's time to share his songs with us again.

Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 11-29-2010 at 09:45 PM

I really don't care if he ever tours again. As long as he keeps putting out great music then I'm happy.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
Murk
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-29-2010 at 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Discipline
I really don't care if he ever tours again. As long as he keeps putting out great music then I'm happy.
Brit

[*] posted on 11-29-2010 at 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by random
Awesome if true, but I doubt it. Seems to be almost the exact opposite of the statement on the BFB myspace when they announced joining the Persistence Tour and which is presumably from Buddha or Ian:

Quote:

Over the last few years we have tried time and time again to contact [guitarist & vocalist] Rob [Lind aka "White Trash Rob"] about a possible Blood for Blood reunion, but he has ignored every single attempt we have made. Therefore, we were left with no other choice but to find someone else to fill in for his BFB responsibilities. Now, let’s make this perfectly clear: We have no ill will towards Rob whatsoever. We wish him well and Blood for Blood will always be open to him.

Given that Rob is notoriously out of touch with technology (see Brit's blog post about him not having a phone or internet), I'm not holding my breath for a full-blown reunion. If and when he makes more music, I'll be one of the first to buy it, along with lots of others on here. But my guess is that this message is fake and that the guy is still working on keeping his life in order... and I wish him all the best in that endeavor.

Still no phone but he does have internet now, but he doesn't frequent or use any social media websites/boards/etc.

Some of the things you guys wrote is really sweet so I'm going to pass along the well wishes and such. I'm sure he'll be happy to hear :)

"I was born to hustle roses down the avenues of the dead." - c.bukowski

music - buy my EP! + iTunes + facebook + myspace
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 11-29-2010 at 11:09 PM

I think I would be more excited for more Sinners & Saints or a Rob solo album than anything else.

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 11-30-2010 at 02:39 AM

So who's filling in on the tour, there was no mention of that unless I missed it in the previous posts from the band about joining this tour.

I wanna hear all of the new music. Hopefully there's acoustic stuff like we heard rumours of ages ago, more Ramallah, and another Sinners & Saints.

Second most exciting thing I've seen all week, I'll make a new thread about the most exciting :D

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
lifeisabitch
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-30-2010 at 03:29 AM

first Sheer Terror back full time and now the possibility of Blood for Blood back full time...

I am stoked. Real hardcore has returned.

panzerkreuzer
Posting Freak

Mood: gang green

[*] posted on 11-30-2010 at 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Six66Mike
So who's filling in on the tour, there was no mention of that unless I missed it in the previous posts from the band about joining this tour.

billy of biohazard is taking rob´s part.
i see this version of b4b next week. i let you know how ´they are.

Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 11-30-2010 at 08:22 AM

That's right, I did know that :grin:

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-30-2010 at 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by lifeisabitch
first Sheer Terror back full time, the fuckin Bad Vibes return, and now the possibility of Blood for Blood back full time...

I am stoked. Real hardcore has returned.
 Pages:  1    3  4

Go To Top