Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  3
Author: Subject: Top Three Over Rated Metal Bands.
barc0debaby
Posting Freak

Mood: Punk as Fuck

[*] posted on 12-11-2010 at 03:33 AM

Mastodon, the Haunted, Gwar (everything but the music is good)
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-11-2010 at 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by wez138
Another under rated or hardly mentioned metal band....................ROSE TATTOO.

It's a real big stretch calling Rose Tattoo Metal...def underrated, splitting hairs, but at some point a rock n roll band is a rock n roll band.
panzerkreuzer
Posting Freak

Mood: gang green

[*] posted on 12-11-2010 at 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jcarter
1.) Megadeth

3.) Megadeth (I fucking HATE Megadeth)

you´re my man.

overrated:
megadeth
manowar
nightwish

underrated:
bolt thrower
solstafir
wolves in the throne room

Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-11-2010 at 11:36 AM

I actually think Rose Tattoo is overrated in punk rock circles. People like to see them as some cool alternative to AC/DC but they really only have about 3 good songs. It is kind of surprising that they never got more popular though.

Colin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-11-2010 at 12:06 PM

glad someone else hates Dave Mustaine's vocals as much as I do. Thought about listing Rose Tattoo as underrated, but I more consider them hard rock. & Clevo, you're right on about the Dream Theater fans, I know a few of their fans, they suck to talk about music with. I was listening to The Boneyard (XM/Sirius) at work last night & realized (while I'm pretty sure no one liked them enough to be overrated) how much Queensryche blatantly rips off Iron Maiden. Another overrated band, they might as well be metal, that's pretty much what they are to me, tough guy thugcore metal: Hatebreed. Pretty sure half their fans think they're trying to play metal anyways

record collectors are pretentious assholes
gavin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-11-2010 at 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Lind
I actually think Rose Tattoo is overrated in punk rock circles. People like to see them as some cool alternative to AC/DC but they really only have about 3 good songs. It is kind of surprising that they never got more popular though.

dont you like guns and roses?....who ripped off their whole deal from rose tattoo?(according to axl himself)...and poorly at that
you're way off thinking they have only 3 good songs
you should really look deeper into their stuff
they seem to be a band you would really like since you enjoy so much straight up "rock" stuff

and anyone who needs an alternative to ac/dc is an asshole as they are one of the greatest bands of all time, along with rose tattoo
austrailia has done well with a batch of really good bands

you come at the king....you best not miss
Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-11-2010 at 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by gavin
Quote:

dont you like guns and roses?....who ripped off their whole deal from rose tattoo?(according to axl himself)...and poorly at that
they seem to be a band you would really like since you enjoy so much straight up "rock" stuff

and anyone who needs an alternative to ac/dc is an asshole as they are one of the greatest bands of all time, along with rose tattoo

Guns N' Roses played Nice Boys. And so haven't about 100 other bands. That's about the end of that.

I have 2 Rose Tattoo albums. They just aren't that great. The first time I heard them I thought they were excellent but they never really realized the potential I expected they would when I heard those first few songs. Those albums haven't got played at my house in at least 10 years. They're just here collecting dust.

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-11-2010 at 12:40 PM

hello me, its me again......I really hate megadeth....however i might go as far as crediting peace sells but whos buying as the record that got me into music when i was 11.......
I never would consider Rose Tattoo a metal band really. Gritty Rock & Roll. Love dudes voice and slide guitar.
They're another band I credit this board turning me onto.

I still enjoy easrly Metallica like Lightning and Puppets when I hear it.
As for G&R, I hated them back in the 80s / 90s mainly because my brother wore out a sweet child o mine record he had when he was 9.......but nowadays I like the Appetite songs quite a bit.

Reign In Blood is untouchable.
gavin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-11-2010 at 12:54 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Guns N' Roses played Nice Boys. And so haven't about 100 other bands. That's about the end of that.

I have 2 Rose Tattoo albums. They just aren't that great. The first time I heard them I thought they were excellent but they never really realized the potential I expected they would when I heard those first few songs. Those albums haven't got played at my house in at least 10 years. They're just here collecting dust.

that's actually not the end of that.
look up the story (i'm guessing it's online somewhere) about axl paying angry a great deal of money to have rose tattoo reform(late 80's i believe) and open for guns and roses so that he could "watch them every night and hang out with angry and learn"(not the exact quote but i promise you it's very close)....i read this in a magazine at the time.
at another time i read an interview with slash and axl saying if there was no rose tattoo, there would be no guns and roses...i remember this because the person doing the interview didnt know who rose tattoo was.

as far as you liking them, fair enough...to each his own.
there's always buckcherry for you to dig after all

you come at the king....you best not miss
wez138

Mood: TMMB's.

[*] posted on 12-11-2010 at 01:06 PM

Yeah.......I guess when I think about it rose tattoo are more RnB/blues/rock ESP on assault and battery!

But nice boys more than make's up for any shit song they've ever penned............PS I hate AC/DC, I've tried a fair few times, but they just don't anything for me.

Talking of amazing Aussie bands, Radiobird man anyone?

Living a life kept shut by a dream,
I'm reaching out to grasp my reality.
Hands of time wrap tight around my neck, and hit me so hard,
leaving me eyes black.
staring at a ceiling,
wondering why i never left,
penning words in a notebook,
wondering why haven't slept.
sanity is tapping in a cell
inside my fucking head.
begging for redemption
after hearing what was said.
the nights, they will not sleep
cause the days, have played for keeps.
Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-11-2010 at 01:36 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

that's actually not the end of that.
look up the story (i'm guessing it's online somewhere) about axl paying angry a great deal of money to have rose tattoo reform(late 80's i believe) and open for guns and roses so that he could "watch them every night and hang out with angry and learn"(not the exact quote but i promise you it's very close)....i read this in a magazine at the time.
at another time i read an interview with slash and axl saying if there was no rose tattoo, there would be no guns and roses...i remember this because the person doing the interview didnt know who rose tattoo was.

as far as you liking them, fair enough...to each his own.
there's always buckcherry for you to dig after all

Obviously this has struck some sort of sensitive chord with you. That's too bad.

I'm not sure what you're getting at about GNR. If you're siting these things then you go find the links and post them. But what you're describing sounds like the type of insincere comments bands make all the time. Yeah, Axl Rose used his fame a lot to hook up new and old bands. He got Jane's Addiction their record deal and took them, Nine Inch Nails and Soundgarden on their first tours. He wore a Nirvana cap in a video before Nevermind got released. They recorded obscure punk rock covers to promote older obsolete bands and put money in their pockets. So what? Even if he gave Rose Tattoo a rusty trombone in the press it doesn't mean anything more than someone paying respect to another band. And even if he sucked Angry Anderson's dick then it doesn't change anything about my opinion of Rose Tattoo being overrated and slobbered over by people in the punk rock world. Carry on. I didn't mean to upset you.

clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 12-11-2010 at 02:23 PM

Megadeth does suck. Always has.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
Colin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-11-2010 at 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by wez138PS I hate AC/DC, I've tried a fair few times, but they just don't anything for me.

Talking of amazing Aussie bands, Radiobird man anyone?

I need to start listening to more obscure AC/DC myself, something I've been meaning to do for years now. They're a damn good band, but I've had to put up with classic rock radio at so many jobs over the last 10 years, they've forever ruined all of their popular songs for me, as well as several other bands. I've just recently started listening to Radio Birdman from hearing them on Sirius/XM Underground Garage, & really liking it. Heard the name for years, but I don't think I heard the music until last summer

jcarter

[*] posted on 12-11-2010 at 02:56 PM

For underrated I'm gonna put At the Gates out there...I don't know if they are really underrated but as far a s the people I know they are. Slaughter of the Soul is a perfect metal album.

jcarter

[*] posted on 12-11-2010 at 02:58 PM

I also hate Pantera.

Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-11-2010 at 08:23 PM

Megadeth is good. You guys are nuts.
CR83

Mood: Harm's Way

[*] posted on 12-11-2010 at 10:21 PM

This is no contest in my opinion.

GNR
Pantera
Megadeth

All are not worth 3 seconds of listening for me.
rollinpinmim

[*] posted on 12-11-2010 at 11:59 PM

The most overrated Metal bands to me are:
Anthrax- Their last singer that got sacked, Dan Nelson, used to play in a band with my best friend. Nice guy but he definitely has issues.

Megadeth- Dave's vocals annoy the hell out of me.

Primus- I know, not exactly Metal, but it seems that a lot of Metal fans are into them. I saw them play in Brooklyn this past Summer and I have never been so bored at a live show in my entire life up to this point. They absolutely sucked.
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

Mood: Beltones

[*] posted on 12-12-2010 at 05:12 AM

Overrated metal bands?

Madball

Terror

Hatebreed

I'm just kidding, all metal is overrated.

Veritas odium parit
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-12-2010 at 09:56 AM

I'd vote for Terror in the most overrated HC thread if there was one, single most boring HC band ever. Makes American Nightmare seem like Sheer terror.

Colin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-12-2010 at 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tireironsaint
Overrated metal bands?

Madball

Terror

Hatebreed

I'm just kidding, all metal is overrated.
ha. Yes

clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 12-12-2010 at 01:07 PM

DREAM THEATER.

I actually just got a dude really pissed about me busting his balls about that band. Dude started whining about it and said "I don't crack on your bands". I don't even have a band. DREAM THEATER fans are fucking gay.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
Colin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-13-2010 at 01:30 PM

fuck all the music snob metal heads, especially those Dream Theater fools, those technical solos don't mean shit if you can't smash stuff with your fists & bone a harem of groupies at the snap of your fingers. That's what metal is supposed to be about.

Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-26-2011 at 08:31 AM

To not start a new thread....I actually saw Holy Grail last night w/ Toxic Holocaust. Way way way too pretentious live. The bass amp actually blew at one point "because they thrash too hard" and then the guitarists started doing dueling guitar solos to pass the time...only the one guitar player ran out of ideas by his third go around so he started doing GG Allin deedle dee type solos. I had a fucking migraine before Toxic Holocaust went on. Defintely more enjoyable on album.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-26-2011 at 08:57 AM

that's cornier than my morning dump I had.
and I had 3 ears of corn yesterday
 Pages:  1  2  3

Go To Top