Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: Phil Anselmo is a Sheer Terror fan
mattybar

[*] posted on 2-1-2011 at 09:00 AM

As a sidenote, we ended up in 9C bar several times on a trip to NY in 2001.
caught this great country band featuring two Aussie sisters and strangely enough, the bass player from Helmet.

We also met you, Paulie, but I don't expect you to remember!
I don't remember much other than the bar we ended up in with Jimmy G and yourself was apparently featured in the tranny scene in Crocodile Dundee.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 2-1-2011 at 02:14 PM

when i first moved to nyc in the mid-90s, i spent a lot of time hanging with a couple friends that lived in a squat on 9th b/t c & d. any time the topic of scabies came up in conversation, that was my cue to give up the stoop drinkin and head for 9c. saw paul there spinnin records on a number of occasions. never said anything to him though cause we didn't know one another (this is five years before we even started thorp) and i tend to think the last thing people want when they're out for the night is some schmuck commin up and telling them they've seen their band 500,000 times.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-1-2011 at 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BD
and i tend to think the last thing people want when they're out for the night is some schmuck commin up and telling them they've seen their band 500,000 times.

ha I thought the exact same thing.
but Paul was super nice when i met him a couple times in Philly.
hammerxnails

[*] posted on 2-1-2011 at 11:23 PM

Phil was a hanger-on with alot of the skinheads in New Orleans in the early 90s. Not really surprising he would be into any of that stuff. Besides that, who "name drops" punk and hardcore bands these days to try to gain credibility? It's about as cutting edge as the rockabilly scene.
Spoiler
Posting Freak

Mood: All that scene philosophy never meant a goddamned thing to me

[*] posted on 2-2-2011 at 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
I just read through more of the original post...Shelton's on drums??? And,not for nothin',he knows me as Paulie from 9C (our old bar)...I never mentioned ST in a conversation with him,and JoeCoffe played it's 2nd show opening for him...'Just saying...Wierd...

Shelton also played drums in his very first band when he was a teenager....a punk band called Buzzkill.

Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top