Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: New Madball Video
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

Mood: Beltones

[*] posted on 2-7-2011 at 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jason the Magnificent
So were the Beatles...and at one point in time some guy with a powdered wig playing a harp. That doesn't mean people have to find them enthralling.

And just because that's the only era of the band you enjoyed hardly makes it their "peak".

I'm far from arguing Madball is a more "important" band that the Clash...that's an idiotic argument. That still doesn't mean I have to not be bored by them.

Honestly, my comment had nothing to do with your statement, I was just laughing about anyone bringing The Clash into a discussion on something like Madball. I never meant to imply that everybody is required to find the music of The Clash to be the most exciting thing they ever heard, just pointing out that one is a musically important band that deserves to rank pretty highly on a historical scale and the other isn't even worth a mention. By calling that first record Madball's "peak", my meaning was that I find it to be their most creative point, everything they've done since then follows a formula I find to be not only boring, but forced.

My original comment in this thread was meant to be a humorous interjection in a conversation amongst friends. I think it's hilarious that someone was so threatened by it they had to drag in a much better band that has nothing to do with this at all in an attempt to make it some sort of "either/or" scenario between two things that have nothing in common besides basic instrumentation.

Veritas odium parit
BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-7-2011 at 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tireironsaint
Quote:
So were the Beatles...and at one point in time some guy with a powdered wig playing a harp. That doesn't mean people have to find them enthralling.

And just because that's the only era of the band you enjoyed hardly makes it their "peak".

I'm far from arguing Madball is a more "important" band that the Clash...that's an idiotic argument. That still doesn't mean I have to not be bored by them.

Honestly, my comment had nothing to do with your statement, I was just laughing about anyone bringing The Clash into a discussion on something like Madball. I never meant to imply that everybody is required to find the music of The Clash to be the most exciting thing they ever heard, just pointing out that one is a musically important band that deserves to rank pretty highly on a historical scale and the other isn't even worth a mention. By calling that first record Madball's "peak", my meaning was that I find it to be their most creative point, everything they've done since then follows a formula I find to be not only boring, but forced.

My original comment in this thread was meant to be a humorous interjection in a conversation amongst friends. I think it's hilarious that someone was so threatened by it they had to drag in a much better band that has nothing to do with this at all in an attempt to make it some sort of "either/or" scenario between two things that have nothing in common besides basic instrumentation.

Threatened? Jesus fuck buddy. Are you so void of any sense of humor that you really took it that seriously. I would say its been a long running thing on here that I talk shit about the Clash and I use my dislike of them as a joke now more then anything. I was also drunk when I wrote that. You should try it sometime.

Threatened. Ya that's it.

BKT.

Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-7-2011 at 04:21 PM

I love Madball threads on Thorp :bird:
BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-7-2011 at 04:41 PM

Quote:

Ya me too. hahahaha.

BKT.

Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 2-7-2011 at 04:57 PM

Quote:

:thumbup:

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-7-2011 at 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BKT
Quote:
Originally posted by juandiablo
I just gave it another shot.
Nothing memorable.

Ya I know I tried listening to the Clash again as well and they still sound like shitty disco. Glad we agree.

BKT.

I'm not huge on the Clash
BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-7-2011 at 07:35 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by BKT
Quote:
I just gave it another shot.
Nothing memorable.

Ya I know I tried listening to the Clash again as well and they still sound like shitty disco. Glad we agree.

BKT.

I'm not huge on the Clash

haha I was just fucking with you. I knew you were talking about the Madball song.

BKT.

Colin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-9-2011 at 04:23 AM

ughh....never really liked Madball, but figured I'd watch this. Yawn......

record collectors are pretentious assholes
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 2-9-2011 at 05:49 PM

some of youz will like this:

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top