Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Blood For Blood
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 2-17-2011 at 07:40 AM

I love the little blurb under Bury Your Dead's name. Basically "we're playing all the shit from when we were good". Not that I think they were ever good, but they sucked a lot more after those albums.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-17-2011 at 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Six66Mike
I love the little blurb under Bury Your Dead's name. Basically "we're playing all the shit from when we were good". Not that I think they were ever good, but they sucked a lot more after those albums.

I never heard their recordings but I saw them live twice on festivals we played with them. They were really.... not my thing. Did they ever get popular?

XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 2-17-2011 at 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
I'm curious to see if Vanna White has brought enough vowels...As well as who buys the brass duck fireplace log holder with their last $250...

man I miss when Wheel of Fortune prizes were set up like that. I loved when they would have just a little money left and Pat would make them buy the ceramic dalmation statue!

Remember the show Sale of the Century? That was a good one too!

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 2-17-2011 at 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Lind
Quote:
Originally posted by Six66Mike

I never heard their recordings but I saw them live twice on festivals we played with them. They were really.... not my thing. Did they ever get popular?

Yeah they seemed to be pretty big for a while. I just always avoided them. Saw them once live open for... some other forgetable band apparently. Was bored stiff.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top