Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  3
Author: Subject: If you're not following what's happening in Wisconsin, you should be
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-25-2011 at 10:55 AM

That's some tin foil hat shit there and impossible to substantiate. That could just be easily said about democrats.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 2-25-2011 at 12:56 PM

^ which bit?

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-25-2011 at 01:05 PM

About 95% republicans hating blacks. I'm no fan of the republican party but blanket statements like that don't do any good to help anyone. Both parties could care less about any color but green.
Colin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-25-2011 at 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jason the Magnificent
About 95% republicans hating blacks. I'm no fan of the republican party but blanket statements like that don't do any good to help anyone. Both parties could care less about any color but green.
you can put my last comment in the drunken posting file....although around the southwest here they sure aren't too fond of Mexicans or anyone else who can't speak english very well, legal or illegal. & I was surprised on how many Republicans I met that did make comments about Obama's race during & after the election, but at the same time there were more people I know who voted for him just because he's half black.

record collectors are pretentious assholes
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 2-28-2011 at 10:34 AM

Top 10 Disastrous Policies From The Wisconsin GOP You Haven’t Heard About

Walker’s assault on public employees is only one part of a larger political program that aims to give corporations free reign in the state while dismantling the healthcare programs, environmental regulations, and good government laws that protect Wisconsin’s middle and working class. These lesser known proposals in the 144-page bill reveal how radical Walker’s plan actually is:

http://thinkprogress.org/2011/02/26/report-top-10-disastrous...

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 3-1-2011 at 05:30 PM
Wisconsin voters express buyer’s remorse over Gov. Scott Walker

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_theticket/20110301/el_yblog_th...

Two months into his first term, a new poll shows Wisconsin voters are unhappy with GOP Gov. Scott Walker--and would send him packing if they were given a do-over of the 2010 election that sent him to the statehouse in Madison.

Amid the firestorm Walker touched off in going after the state's public-sector unions, voters indicated to Public Policy Polling (PDF) that Walker would lose a rematch with his Democratic opponent, Milwaukee mayor Tom Barrett, if the election were held today. Fifty-two percent of respondents said that today they would vote for Barrett and 45 percent said they would vote for Walker. Walker's job approval/disapproval was also 46 to 52 percent in the poll. PPP is considered to be a Democratic-allied firm

Those numbers are a complete reversal of November's election. Back then, Walker received 52 percent and Barrett received 46 percent of the vote.

The Wisconsin state capitol has been in disarray since Walker proposed ending collective bargaining for most state workers. Walker's bill has sparked enormous protests and prompted 14 Democratic state senators to flee the capitol to avoid advancing the measure in the state legislature.

Walker proposed ending collective bargaining as one way to help balance the state's budget and repair a $3.6 billion budget deficit. The governor and his allies argue that Walker is simply fulfilling his campaign promise to repair the state's fiscal situation.

Walker says he's actually working to preserve jobs for state workers. By ending collective bargaining and forcing state workers to contribute 5.8 percent of their salaries toward pensions and doubling their health insurance contribution, his administration would save 1,500 jobs between now and July, Walker says.

But critics say Walker's simply embarked on a union-busting power grab. President Obama earlier this month said Walker's proposal "seems like more of an assault on unions."

Regardless of how his program is playing in the court of public opinion, Walker has shown no signs of backing down. He issued a threat to Senate Democrats yesterday, saying that if the 14 state Senators do not return to the capitol Tuesday to vote on the bill, the state will lose out on $165 million in bond refinancing. Walker is scheduled to make a public address upon the 5 p.m. EST deadline for the lawmakers' return.

Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 3-1-2011 at 08:37 PM

http://globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=23452

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
barc0debaby
Posting Freak

Mood: Punk as Fuck

[*] posted on 3-3-2011 at 01:02 PM

clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 3-3-2011 at 05:11 PM

Ohio just past their version of it. Effective yesterday. Everyone is up in arms right now. Senate Bill 5. IT made it through by one vote.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 3-6-2011 at 12:41 PM

http://filterednews.wordpress.com/2011/03/05/20-lies-and-cou...

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/03/06/953112/-Why-its-oka...

Six66Mike
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-10-2011 at 08:38 PM

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2011/03/10/wisconsin-prot...

Passed

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-11-2011 at 11:33 AM

Funny that they pretended for so long that collective bargaining had to be ended for the sake of the budget, but when it became obvious they were never going to get it through that way the just stripped the bill of fiscal language therefore no longer necessitating a quorum and passed the union busting bill.

Six66Mike
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-11-2011 at 09:47 PM

Michigan is next.

http://www.boingboing.net/2011/03/11/michigan-republicans.ht...

spyderdog

Mood: my own dumb ass band....yeah im like that

[*] posted on 3-12-2011 at 06:37 PM

just as the middle east is pulling itself out of the dark ages, were digging ourselves back in

anybody who votes for any republicans at this point who isnt an oil tycoon or something is absolutely crazy

spyderdog

[*] posted on 3-12-2011 at 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by clevohardcore
You fix everything by forcing 60 year olds off the assembly line and make room for the younger generations. Most everyone from 22 to 40 are having a terrible time finding gainful full-filling employment because of those older who didn't manage money correctly or made terrible mistakes with it.

i propose national punch the fuck out of a baby boomer day as a national holiday

everything thats wrong with this country pretty much starts there honestly, from social problems all the way down

.....and they have just fucked the bo jangles out of our generation in every which way imaginable....so why would it be any surprise that their business practices be any different?

ive been thinking about that for years every time i pay into social security

spyderdog

[*] posted on 3-12-2011 at 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jason the Magnificent

they hate Latinos too

its a major driving force behind all the shit they are able to get away with (especially with older voters)

want proof?

come spend a weekend down here with me, and spend 20 minutes talking to my crackerfuck republican neighbors

spyderdog

[*] posted on 3-12-2011 at 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by barc0debaby

a tremendous amount of blame here belongs on the fucking supreme court of the united states

they made a disastrous decision in regards to how corporations are viewed in their funding of things of a political nature

spyderdog

[*] posted on 3-12-2011 at 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by clevohardcore
Ohio just past their version of it. Effective yesterday. Everyone is up in arms right now. Senate Bill 5. IT made it through by one vote.

the recall effort is your only hope

grab a clipboard man!!

spyderdog

[*] posted on 3-12-2011 at 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveMoral
Funny that they pretended for so long that collective bargaining had to be ended for the sake of the budget, but when it became obvious they were never going to get it through that way the just stripped the bill of fiscal language therefore no longer necessitating a quorum and passed the union busting bill.

this country will never get better until all the "conservatives" are out

DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-12-2011 at 07:19 PM

My big problem with Boomers... they bought that Reagan shit hook line and sinker. Hell, Obama is a fucking Reaganite.

Not for nothing, Reaganism(or Thatcherism for youse across the pond) has been referred to as "friendly fascism."

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 3-13-2011 at 02:29 AM

SAY IT AIN'T SO, RONNIE!!

"Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost ..."
- Ronald Reagan, Labor Day speech, 1980

spyderdog

[*] posted on 3-13-2011 at 09:12 AM

that shit better wind up in some ads in 2012

thats a fucking slowball that even the democratic party can limp wristedly hit

Six66Mike
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-15-2011 at 07:33 AM

Steven King

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1vW1zPmnKQ

state of mind

Mood: MLIW,Silent Majority,Sister Kisser

[*] posted on 3-18-2011 at 02:10 AM

Taking away collective bargaining should be a crime if I had the money I would be down in Wisconsin showing my support (I did hit up a rally in NY). Those people earned the package they have. Let this go on and it will spread like a cancer. Union workers keep wages up, this also helps non union workers too.
If you lower the rate of a union worker non union will go lower to compete. Then every one is making less.

Union work also helps your local economy, I see it all the time in construction. Out of town non union workers build take the money and leave. Instead you can pay local union workers a little more to build or do whatever and they will spend the money in there local community (groceries, gas, rent, and so on).
For some of these fat cats there is never enough food on the table for them.
Support your local unions, shop union, don't use self check out, deposit your money with a bank teller not a machine. People need to work and protect each others jobs. I have no problem waiting on a line if it keeps you employed.

and another thing not every one is going out of business and poor like it seems. Every were you look its pay cuts, employee cuts, pension cuts, and stuff like that. What a load of crap, its just a excuse that works. What it really is more for less. They keep pushing and pushing.

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 4-5-2011 at 12:19 AM

this is almost comical...

Scott Walker Gives $81,500 Government Job To Top Donor’s 26-Year-Old College Dropout Son
http://thinkprogress.org/2011/04/04/scott-walker-hires-dropo...

Pages:  1  2  3

Go To Top