Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: what's up this weekend, quiet-ass message board?
MikeResist

Mood: Everything

[*] posted on 3-12-2011 at 05:10 PM

Family birthday party today (WOO) not really woo. Later probably going to an early St Pattys day party at Jamies (RR bassist) house. I want it to be the 19th.

lifeisabitch
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-12-2011 at 06:49 PM

Actually Alabama is really fucking nice, cheap, has a skate and hardcore scene...
who would have thought

ChadBeantown

[*] posted on 3-12-2011 at 10:36 PM

Recovering from last nights show!! Good to see Shawn and Steve out! Got to rest up early this week. Playing on Thursday and Friday and going to Sheer Terror on Saturday!!

tireironsaint
* BANNED *

Mood: Beltones

[*] posted on 3-12-2011 at 10:37 PM

Came down to Albuquerque yesterday to see Lenny Lashley's Gang Of One on tour with The Street Dogs. I guess he started the tour doing all solo and half the Street Dogs guys and a couple other people kinda became a band around him, including an accordion player. Holy shit that was great. His set was a little short and they had another Boston band on the tour in between Lenny and Street Dogs, The Have Nots. Wasn't too into them, but they were tight musicians and had great energy. The kids dug 'em and they seem to be into some SGR/Thorp bands as the singer was wearing a Hollowpoints shirt and had a couple stickers on his guitar that were other related bands, but I can't remember who they were now. Street Dogs were amazing, but there were a handful of douchebags in the crowd and most of the band ended up in a brawl with some of them in the middle of their set. Over all, one hell of a great night. Still down here until tomorrow, having a great time, best weekend in a good while.

Veritas odium parit
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 3-13-2011 at 01:23 AM

WOW! The dudes from street dogs got into it with the crowd? Wild.

The Have Nots are a great band. Thorp and I are both fans, and we're glad to see them getting out as much as they are. They're tight with the guys in Burning Streets, too.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
Vanilla Gorilla
Posting Freak

Mood: Yellow Stitches

[*] posted on 3-13-2011 at 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BD

yeah that's kind of surprising

Well I've got a feeling I'm gonna get mine in. Retribution let the games begin.
Johnny_Whistle

Mood: the voices

[*] posted on 3-14-2011 at 08:26 AM

Saw my daughter's final high school musical Friday night, then headed down to DC for Shamrockfest at about 1am on Saturday. We got into town about 8, hung out and slept a little, and then spent the day in a Guinness-fueled, non-stop party. We played two sets, got to hang out with a bunch of friends we don't get to see enough, and then slept all the way home yesterday.

http://www.facebook.com/johncurtinmusic

"Making people laugh is the lowest form of comedy"
-Michael O'Donnohue
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 3-14-2011 at 09:43 AM

Friday - I played poker with some friends. $20 buy in and I came in 2nd so I got my $20 back. 1st place got $80. It was a good night.

Saturday - I went to the Apple store to ask questions about the iPad2. Got all my answers, but they didnt have any for me to buy. I went home and watched 2 bad horror movies on the Free on-demand on cable. Saturday night my GF and I got pizza and watched 2012 and Human Centipede streaming on Netflix through my xbox.

Sunday - hung around the house watched a bunch of episodes of The Sister Wives. Went to Bestbuy to look for an iPad, but they had none either. Went home watched more Sister Wives then ate a salad and watched Amazing Race and went to bed.

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 3-14-2011 at 09:59 AM

watched The Long Good Friday last night and did not enjoy it. the description on netflix sounded promising, but i shoulda watched the trailer first. just a little TOO 1980.

Quote:

Bob Hoskins made his mark with a vivid portrayal of a London mob boss sweating the big deal designed to make him rich and legit. Suddenly, everything goes wrong when a series of bombs literally destroy his world. He escapes unharmed, but now faces the knowledge that someone wants him dead soon. A tough crime saga, The Long Good Friday paints a bleak portrait of a man caught up in forces beyond his control.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

[*] posted on 3-14-2011 at 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Vanilla Gorilla
Quote:
Originally posted by BD

yeah that's kind of surprising
Yeah, it was an odd situation for sure. Two separate rounds of people acting like assholes and then other people getting tough and stepping up for the assholes when Mike McColgan called the original assholes out on it. The first time was some way too drunk and way too punk kid trying to show off and Mike tried to talk to him and defuse things before anything went wrong. That turned into the kid yelling "fuck you" and talking tough, so they asked him to come up on stage, but someone about three times that kid's size stepped up instead to flex his beer gut. He couldn't make it over the edge of the stage without help and nobody in the crowd was willing to help him up there, so he started yelling stupid shit like "go back to Boston" and the like. At that point Johnny Rioux jumped out into the crowd and went for that guy, followed by Mike, Tobe, and possibly one more member. Couldn't see everything, but it lasted about two minutes and tough guy got his ass handed to him and Street Dogs got back on stage looking like nothing had happened.

The other issue never broke into a full on fight inside the club, and was kind of interwoven with the other story's time line. When Mike called out the original kid and asked him up on stage, Johnny was saying that if he wanted to fuck somebody so bad (because the kid kept yelling "fuck you") that he would fuck the kid on stage. At that point, some unrelated guy walked onstage from the side and started doing his drunken idea of a "seductive dance". Everybody laughed and then they got the "unsexy guy" as McColgan was calling him, off the stage. He came back around in front of the stage and started yelling at Mike and knocking a group of underage girls out of his way to get closer to the stage. The Street Dogs had started playing a song by this time, but Mike stopped them so he could tell the unsexy guy that if he kept being disrespectful of the women in the crowd that there was going to be trouble. Unsexy guy wouldn't shut up and had nothing to say, so security moved him to the side of the room and Mike asked him if he would just take a minute or two to cool off. He started yelling and shoved a girl over there, Mike started to come at him and security threw his ass out. At that point, Mike told the crowd that this is the first guy he's had thrown out since 1995 and then they played another song or two before the rest of the events in the other story unfolded.

At the end of the night, Mike came up and introduced himself to my girlfriend and our other female friend and apologized for the drama. Lenny told us he had to chase the unsexy guy through the alley with a flashlight because the guy was trying to get back in and was hanging around their van.

All in all, a pretty understandable situation. They said it was definitely the most violent show of the tour so far, even including the show in Iowa with a bunch of nazi skins starting shit.

Veritas odium parit
ShawnRefuse
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-14-2011 at 01:19 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0

Good punk/HC/oi shows coming up. Check out http://myspace.com/refuseresistband
Johnny_Whistle

Mood: the voices

[*] posted on 3-14-2011 at 01:40 PM

That was really mean, Shawn.

http://www.facebook.com/johncurtinmusic

"Making people laugh is the lowest form of comedy"
-Michael O'Donnohue
ShawnRefuse
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-14-2011 at 02:09 PM

:bouncing:

Good punk/HC/oi shows coming up. Check out http://myspace.com/refuseresistband
XnMeX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-14-2011 at 03:17 PM

I was working a few hours this weekend. First time running the soundboards at the radio station for local high school B Ball and Hockey playoff games. Earned a few extra bucks and it was pretty fun. Also the wife and I took a friends daughter (she is 15 months old) to sunday school with us (we teach the 2-3 year olds) and then took her out to lunch and grocery shopping with us since her mother just gave birth to her baby brother. Fell asleep sunday night at 7:30PM waking up at 11:00pm and stayed up until 2:30ish before going back to sleep.

XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 3-14-2011 at 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by XnMeX
Also the wife and I took a friends daughter (she is 15 months old) to sunday school with us (we teach the 2-3 year olds)

YOU TEACH SUNDAY SCHOOL!?! :shocked2:

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
XnMeX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-14-2011 at 04:37 PM

Hilarious isn't it? The wife had been doing it for years before we met and she wanted me to go help her every once in a while so I did. Then it grew on me and I go every sunday now. The kids are a trip and the woman that organizes the sunday school knows of my "religious status" or lack there of.

Colin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-14-2011 at 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tireironsaint
They said it was definitely the most violent show of the tour so far, even including the show in Iowa with a bunch of nazi skins starting shit.
Albuquerque & NM in general (although Santa Fe is OK) has a weird vibe to it & there seems to be a lot of kids that just want to come & start problems & break bottles outside shows, I've only been to 1 show in Burque myself, it think it was Kill Your Idols, but I've heard the same type of stuff from other people

record collectors are pretentious assholes
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

[*] posted on 3-14-2011 at 09:21 PM

I've been to tons of shows down there and it's usually ridiculously tame. I hear all kinds of stuff from Colorado folks about how New Mexico is crime ridden and violent, but I really don't see it. I go down there as often as I can since it's the closest place to see most shows I'm interested in and there's a bunch of cool places to visit too. I've never had an experience there where I felt like something serious was gonna happen, much less actually encountered anything like that. Even this show was pretty relaxed compared to a lot I've seen.

Veritas odium parit
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top