Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Joe Macon of I'mMaconMovies R.I.P.
Spoiler
Posting Freak

Mood: All that scene philosophy never meant a goddamned thing to me

[*] posted on 3-18-2011 at 07:29 PM
Joe Macon of I'mMaconMovies R.I.P.

Just read this on Facebook. Mark Lind posted it....and then I went to his page.
http://www.facebook.com/immaconmovies#!/immaconmovies?sk=wal...

www.myspace.com/immaconmovies

http://www.youtube.com/immaconmovies#p/a/u/2/x0IKZQaAX5c His YouTube page and videos

R.I.P.

Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 3-18-2011 at 08:33 PM

Wondered what happened to him. RIP.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 3-18-2011 at 09:03 PM

RIP Joe

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-18-2011 at 10:13 PM

I don't remember much of Joe, but do remember seeing him on here, and I think it might actually be years now since he posted
I kinda remember him having some serious health afflictions, and maybe being wheel chair bound if my memory serves me correctly, but don't quote me
nonetheless, it's tragic for a dude to die young
Joe, may you now have peace and rest well.
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 3-18-2011 at 10:33 PM

R.I.P. brother.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

Mood: Beltones

[*] posted on 3-18-2011 at 11:35 PM

Rest In Peace. My thoughts go to his family and friends.

Veritas odium parit
Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-19-2011 at 02:58 AM

Joe was an interesting kid. I'd like to say that we always got along but that was not the case. The details of our brief falling out are pointless at this juncture but I'm glad to say that we were able to resolve things a couple of years ago. I would feel even more terrible about his passing if we hadn't. I still have two major regrets tonight though: Joe and his sister, Anne, asked me to play his birthday party last September. I was so moved by the fact that he really wanted to hear my songs that I jumped at the chance to play. But as it drew closer I had to cancel because I lack transportation and needed to be two places that day - at his party and at my younger brother's birthday gathering. I figured Joe would understand and I could always make it up to him later; my younger brother is just 12 years old and I figured that he would be much more offended that I missed his birthday. It was a crappy scheduling conflict on my part and I should have known better. I traded emails with Joe afterward (actually his sister had to write for him, though I wasn't fully aware of that at the time - though I suspected) and we agreed that I would come out there in the fall and play for him. He even asked for Brit to come too...... just cuz the dude was bound to a wheelchair didn't mean he didn't like eye candy and he even said so in the email. lol. Well, shortly after that Anne emailed me and a bunch of other people telling us that Joe was going into the hospital for a while and he wouldn't have access to the web. In my recollection there was no indication that he wouldn't be coming home. So again, I fucked up by not visiting him. I just kind of went on with things assuming that the plan to play at his house was being pushed out to a later date. And then I hear this today. These are regrets I will carry for a long time.

I met Joe through Doug when he joined Ducky Boys. I don't recall exactly when I became aware of his situation but what I understand of it is that he had a rare neurological disorder. It was so rare that doctors weren't able to pinpoint what it was and therefore were unable to treat him. And it got worse and worse. He probably stopped posting here because he became unable to type with any accuracy. Last time I saw him was at an Unloved show.... probably two years ago in Worcester, MA. The show was on the second floor and a few of us had to carry him upstairs. I can't imagine what he went through. He lost his mobility, his ability to stand, speak at times and just do any of the things that we take for granted each day. And I know that needing to be carried upstairs but club security and the bands you were going to see can't do much for your dignity. But he kept a smile on his face and focused on the positive. I can remember seeing his face from the stage and it was just a big shit eating grin. I guess he was looking at the chance to get out of the house and hear some music as being bigger than his illness that night.

They eventually figured out what he had and there was something crazy like only 8 or 9 other people to ever be diagnosed with the illness in medical history. Anne gave me the name of it and I looked it up at the time and probably should have realized that he wasn't looking at a long road ahead of him but I think it was partly denial cuz it just didn't click when it probably should have. What he had progressed to the point where it killed him. Lenny Lashley and his wife, Shelley, have kept in closer touch with Joe and his family and I know they visited him in the hospital. Shelley's Facebook post tonight showed just how grim the situation was and many people were unaware. Evidently the doctors discharged him from the hospital and he passed away at home today.

The thing about Joe is that the internet was often his only connection to the outside world. Not out of choice like it is for hermits like me but because he really couldn't leave the house. He used message boards to have some connection with life outside of his room. Sometimes he made enemies on those sites because he might lash out at someone. But can you blame him for being angry with the world? I can't. Not with what he dealt with every day. He was a decent guy just trying to fit in like the rest of us. And he really got the shaft in life. Nobody deserves the health issues he had. I feel like I have a new perspective on life tonight. Hopefully it lasts and doesn't fade as time goes on. If there's anything that can be taken from Joe's untimely passing then it's that we should really enjoy our health, appreciate the people we have around us while we have them and take every small blessing as the positive thing that it is rather than being so cynical or negative. That's what he did and I feel like my life is better for having witnessed him dealing with such a terrible illness in such a unique way.

lifeisabitch
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-19-2011 at 10:55 AM

Joe was on here a lot a few years ago...
which makes him a thorp warrior...
I think he was here to get the OG shirts

a lot of people have passed thru these doors
and now we have lost 2 warriors...

you goons are pretty much the only people I would call friends
and to hear of one of us passing sucks ass.

Rest in Peace Joe

Spoiler
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-19-2011 at 11:02 AM

AND HE MADE SOME GREAT VIDEOS

random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-19-2011 at 11:23 AM

Not much more to add. For a guy who got dealt such a shitty hand in life, he seemed to handle it much better than the rest of us would have. All I can say is that I hope he's in a place of peace now.

This really sums up my thoughts:

Quote:
Originally posted by lifeisabitch

Rest in Peace Joe

Unfortunately, Joe wasn't the first one of us to pass. Jeff/upyerbum passed away from a heart attack about a year and a half ago.

Please read and, if you can, help out a friend: http://www.gofundme.com/jacobmedical.
DAK
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-19-2011 at 11:34 AM

Sorry to hear this, RIP.
newbreedbrian
Posting Freak

Mood: doc watson

[*] posted on 3-19-2011 at 11:48 AM

Wow, I'm really sorry to hear this. RIP

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ?You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I?m just not close enough to get the job done.? George Carlin
lifeisabitch
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-19-2011 at 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by random
Not much more to add. For a guy who got dealt such a shitty hand in life, he seemed to handle it much better than the rest of us would have. All I can say is that I hope he's in a place of peace now.

Quote:

Rest in Peace Joe

Unfortunately, Joe wasn't the first one of us to pass. Jeff/upyerbum passed away from a heart attack about a year and a half ago.

Yeah Jeff was a tough one as well...

To all of you our there whose names start with J this board is cursed run while you still can...

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-19-2011 at 12:09 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by random

Quote:

Rest in Peace Joe

Yeah Jeff was a tough one as well...

To all of you our there whose names start with J this board is cursed run while you still can...

I'm changing my name today
XnMeX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-19-2011 at 06:22 PM

I was just wondering about him the other day and was going to post up to see if anyone knew what was up with him lately. Never met the guy but always loved watchign his vids and his posts here.

Spoiler
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-19-2011 at 07:29 PM

Spoiler
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-19-2011 at 07:31 PM

morgan
Posting Freak

Mood: neighbors fighting

[*] posted on 3-19-2011 at 08:17 PM

Damn. Sorry to hear. RIP bud.

Support the arts, shoot a rapper.
CR83

Mood: Harm's Way

[*] posted on 3-19-2011 at 09:29 PM

This is crazy. I was vacuuming today listening to Skinhead by Darkbuster thinking he hasn't been on the board for some time now. RIP Joe.
Ed

Mood: The voices in my head, telling me to do bad things.

[*] posted on 3-20-2011 at 02:27 AM

Rip Joe, we will miss you, I'm sure your in a better place now! You were one of the good ones.
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 3-20-2011 at 11:39 AM

Darkbuster & The Welch Boys videos are 2 Boston classics that will never be forgotten... RIP Joe

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
REV.PAULIE

[*] posted on 3-21-2011 at 02:50 AM

Rest in peace,guy...

Will learn to Tap Dance,eventually...Will have you broads Hula,definitely...Trust me,you'll see.
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-21-2011 at 11:13 AM

RIP.

I think I ran across an old thread he'd posted on a few months back and wondered what happened to him.

Sorry to hear this. I wasn't even aware of his situation. My condolences to all his friends and family.

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 3-24-2011 at 09:30 AM

Joe's funeral is today.
http://www.beersandstory.com/_mgxroot/page_10794.php?id=9094...

I'm going to send some flowers over on behalf of the Thorp/SGR Board.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 3-24-2011 at 09:58 AM

Good idea BD.

RIP Joe

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top