Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Bruce Springsteen with the Dropkick Murphys, 3/18/11
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 3-22-2011 at 01:53 PM
Bruce Springsteen with the Dropkick Murphys, 3/18/11

Peg O' My Heart - Badlands - I'm Shipping Up To Boston

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
MattyA

[*] posted on 3-22-2011 at 02:22 PM

That's pretty cool.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 3-22-2011 at 03:07 PM

I don't care what anybody says, that's fucking cool.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
ShawnRefuse
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-22-2011 at 03:27 PM

that is pretty awesome.

Good punk/HC/oi shows coming up. Check out http://myspace.com/refuseresistband
BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-22-2011 at 03:28 PM

Amazing.

BKT.

JUICE MAYNE MSHC

Mood: new CF songs

[*] posted on 3-22-2011 at 03:40 PM

Springsteen watched Death Before Dishonor that night as well

Mickey

Mood: Wisdom In Chains

[*] posted on 3-22-2011 at 03:44 PM

I was there for this, it was awesome. I went with death before dishonor who were playing. I caught then soundchecking with Bruce Springsteen and there were only about 30 people in the whole building. After that I was catching up with Al, and Bruce Springsteen walks up. Al introduced me to him and told him I'm a good guy to know. Hahaha he's Bruce Springsteen and I'm the good guy to know. I was beemin. When DKM went on I couldn't see shit because of all the people in one designated area. So me and my boy spied an open spot overlooking the stage, and made our way. When we got there there were 3 kids already there so we posted up along the wall. Then Bruce Springsteen comes along and posts up next to me. I ended up watching the whole set shoulder to shoulder with him, and the 3 kids were his and their friend. Totally surreal moment. We made a bit of small talk and he was pretty down to earth. His kid ended up a DBD fan by the end of the night. I also met Max Weinberg, his son is drumming for against me, and Mickey Ward. That and Sheer Terror the nnext night made for an incredible weekend.

I'm ok with people not liking me
BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-22-2011 at 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mickey
I was there for this, it was awesome. I went with death before dishonor who were playing. I caught then soundchecking with Bruce Springsteen and there were only about 30 people in the whole building. After that I was catching up with Al, and Bruce Springsteen walks up. Al introduced me to him and told him I'm a good guy to know. Hahaha he's Bruce Springsteen and I'm the good guy to know. I was beemin. When DKM went on I couldn't see shit because of all the people in one designated area. So me and my boy spied an open spot overlooking the stage, and made our way. When we got there there were 3 kids already there so we posted up along the wall. Then Bruce Springsteen comes along and posts up next to me. I ended up watching the whole set shoulder to shoulder with him, and the 3 kids were his and their friend. Totally surreal moment. We made a bit of small talk and he was pretty down to earth. His kid ended up a DBD fan by the end of the night. I also met Max Weinberg, his son is drumming for against me, and Mickey Ward. That and Sheer Terror the nnext night made for an incredible weekend.

Damn bro, that sounds like one hell of a weekend. Well done.

BKT.

newbreedbrian
Posting Freak

Mood: doc watson

[*] posted on 3-22-2011 at 04:03 PM

Awesome, I'm a huge Springsteen fan. New Breed used to cover No Surrender years ago. We actually recorded a version of it during some recording sessions that ended up getting lost due to a hard drive crash.

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ?You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I?m just not close enough to get the job done.? George Carlin
Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-22-2011 at 05:27 PM

Quote:

that's pretty fuckin' awesome.

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 3-22-2011 at 05:40 PM

that is one hell of a weekend!

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-22-2011 at 05:40 PM

Very cool vid.
CR83

Mood: Harm's Way

[*] posted on 3-22-2011 at 11:25 PM

Not a fan of Bruce's music but he just seems like a real nice dude. Nice job Mickey. That is awesome.
Dave
Posting Freak

Mood: .......

[*] posted on 3-23-2011 at 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by newbreedbrian
Awesome, I'm a huge Springsteen fan. New Breed used to cover No Surrender years ago. We actually recorded a version of it during some recording sessions that ended up getting lost due to a hard drive crash.

Wicked Vid.

i have a practice version of us doing the song, that's all that remains. The studio version is pretty much lost forever.
necrobutcher

[*] posted on 3-23-2011 at 10:58 PM

Quote:

That is one of the best things I have heard in some time. Awesome.
Voodoobillyman
The Artist Formerly Known As...

Mood: my daughters beautiful curiousity

[*] posted on 3-24-2011 at 06:35 AM

I think this is really neat, especially since they share and express alot of the same values in their music.
MyOwnWay
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-11-2011 at 11:23 PM

I was at the philly show a couple days earlier, and I was hoping this would have happened. Very cool.

SuchADangerous

[*] posted on 4-13-2011 at 04:16 PM

I was at the show, but had nowhere near the experience that Mickey had. I was just up front and snapped a few pictures, haha.
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-13-2011 at 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Lind
Quote:

that's pretty fuckin' awesome.

What he said. Sounds like a hell of a night.

Go To Top