Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Important Action Recon post
BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-24-2011 at 12:09 AM
Important Action Recon post

This is dead serious I am not fucking around here. Please spread this around as much as you can. Anyone out there have contact with Ben Weasel, send this to him.

http://www.actionrecon.com/2011/03/action-recon-is-calling-o...

BKT.

Colin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-24-2011 at 01:09 AM

:thumbup:

record collectors are pretentious assholes
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 3-24-2011 at 02:49 AM

Shitty thing he did but I'm definitely not gonna stop listening to their old albums because of it so by your post I support what he did, which I don't.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
REV.PAULIE

[*] posted on 3-24-2011 at 05:06 AM

I support your cause,but I think the damage was already done by his band walking out on him. Screw that sissie.

Will learn to Tap Dance,eventually...Will have you broads Hula,definitely...Trust me,you'll see.
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-24-2011 at 09:02 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOXuvbT0eUo Here's the 5 minutes leading up to it.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 3-24-2011 at 09:03 AM

I have some friends that are actually working on a Screeching Weasel documentary with the band for a DVD release.

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
gavin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-24-2011 at 09:10 AM

never heard one note
this shit is gay

you come at the king....you best not miss
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 3-24-2011 at 09:22 AM

Fuck him and his shitty band.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 3-24-2011 at 10:03 AM

i'm with gavin. i can honestly say i've never heard a single note from this band and knew nothing of dude's reputation until this week. was this supposed to be some sort of comeback for them? oops.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-24-2011 at 10:06 AM

I don't think he's ever stopped playing, DAK saw them last year I think. His band always changes but he's the constant obviously.

Waiting to see what DAK says, I know he's a huge fan :D

I listened to Major Label Debut on the way home.

XHonusWagnerX

[*] posted on 3-24-2011 at 10:08 AM

No its not really a comeback because they never broke up. They would play a few shows a year if he felt like it and if the money was right. My friends that are working on the documentary were hired by the band to make the movie and now this has been a huge event in the filming. They're not sure what dirrection to take the movie now that its happened.

Quote:
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

morgan
Posting Freak

Mood: neighbors fighting

[*] posted on 3-24-2011 at 10:56 AM

I know I'm in the minority since I like some Screeching Weasel but that was fucked up. Definitely Los any respect I might have had for the guy.

Support the arts, shoot a rapper.
MikeResist

Mood: Everything

[*] posted on 3-24-2011 at 11:59 AM

I just watched that video for the first time. I didn't realize it was 2 women he hit. What a shithead. Looks like he doesn't know how to throw a punch though.

CR83

Mood: Harm's Way

[*] posted on 3-24-2011 at 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BD
i'm with gavin. i can honestly say i've never heard a single note from this band and knew nothing of dude's reputation until this week. was this supposed to be some sort of comeback for them? oops.

Samsies
BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-24-2011 at 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by CR83
Quote:
Originally posted by BD

Samsies

hahaha. Samsies. Superbad references always make me laugh.

BKT.

XHonusWagnerX

[*] posted on 3-24-2011 at 02:32 PM

I'm surprised that theres that many people here that never listened to Screeching Weasel. I used to love them in the early 90's. I still have my 'punk' leather jacket that has a huge Screeching Weasel logo on the back (along with The Melvins, Buzzoven, Gorilla Biscuits, Down By Law & Dave Mustains autograph).

They are like the brother band to The Queers, they're both Ramones clones with sillier lyrics.

Quote:

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

XHonusWagnerX

[*] posted on 3-24-2011 at 02:33 PM

also, I'm not defending what Ben did AT ALL...

but one interesting Screeching Weasel fact... Sloppy Seconds had a song called 'I Dont Wanna Be A Homosexual' and to counter it Screeching Weasel wrote a song called 'I Wanna Be A Homosexual' with the line "Its the straight in straight edge that makes me wanna drink a beer"

Quote:

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

DAK
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-24-2011 at 02:50 PM

Ben has been an asshole forever. I am still a fan of the music. I don't agree with what he did at all.
random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-24-2011 at 03:27 PM

Would you say the same thing if it was a 120lb guy who threw the ice and got punched in the face? That's a serious question. That's not meant to imply that hitting the girl was acceptable, but it's a real question and I want to know if you would feel the same way and make the same threats if it was a scrawny guy who provoked the guy on stage in the same way and got punched for it.

Would you say the same thing if it was a 120lb male bartender instead of the female bartender? And do you think he was consciously hitting the second female, or do you think he was just struggling when someone tried to restrain him just like a million idiot guys do every night when a bouncer grabs them at a club?

I appreciate and respect your intentions, and I fully believe your heart is in the right place. However, if you print out your post on Action Recon and hand it to the women's shelter alongside the $250 donation that you mention, you should know that a lot of women's shelters will refuse the donation. They'll probably tell you that they appreciate the intent but that you're just as responsible as Ben Weasel for contributing to the culture of violence that allows violence against women to persist. You're trying to intimidate Ben Weasel with intimidation and threats of violence because he did something you don't like and because he's weaker than you. It's the same attitude (with very different intent) that's been used to oppress women for a long time. Because you're bigger and stronger, he has to do what you tell him. Think about that for a minute.

Now, go back to my questions at the top. Would it have been acceptable if the person responsible was a scrawny, basically defenseless guy? Is the reason it's acceptable to you because the victim/provoker had a penis instead of a vagina? If so, doesn't this just add to the perception that women are weaker and dependent upon men for protection? Doesn't this continue to relegate women to the status of second-class citizens and humans?

While you're at the women's shelter making your donation, feel free to mention your liberal use of words like "faggot," "pussy," and "cunt" as insults (and I got two pages of results for searching for "faggot" and by (username( "BKT" on the board). What do you think they'll say? Do you think they'll appreciate it? Do you think they'll voice their dislike of your using those words? Or do you think that they'll be afraid that you'll punch them in the face and say, "Bitch, take the fucking check, you stupid cunt. I'm trying to help you her, you dumb whore"? Even if you would never hit them or say those things, I'm willing to be that the thought will be running through most of their heads the entire time.

Honestly, I'm not try to start some shit. But if you're sincere about ending violence against women, I would really encourage you to look into these things and engage in some introspection. Or, print out this thread and your post on Action Recon, take it to the women's shelter with your donation, and ask for their honest opinion.

Personally, I don't give a shit if someone beats the fuck out of Ben Weasel. But doing it because he "hit a girl" or two isn't quite the same thing as taking a full-on stand against violence against women. But I will also commend you for referring to them as women instead of girls.

Please read and, if you can, help out a friend: http://www.gofundme.com/jacobmedical.
BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-24-2011 at 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by random
Would you say the same thing if it was a 120lb guy who threw the ice and got punched in the face? That's a serious question. That's not meant to imply that hitting the girl was acceptable, but it's a real question and I want to know if you would feel the same way and make the same threats if it was a scrawny guy who provoked the guy on stage in the same way and got punched for it.

Would you say the same thing if it was a 120lb male bartender instead of the female bartender? And do you think he was consciously hitting the second female, or do you think he was just struggling when someone tried to restrain him just like a million idiot guys do every night when a bouncer grabs them at a club?

I appreciate and respect your intentions, and I fully believe your heart is in the right place. However, if you print out your post on Action Recon and hand it to the women's shelter alongside the $250 donation that you mention, you should know that a lot of women's shelters will refuse the donation. They'll probably tell you that they appreciate the intent but that you're just as responsible as Ben Weasel for contributing to the culture of violence that allows violence against women to persist. You're trying to intimidate Ben Weasel with intimidation and threats of violence because he did something you don't like and because he's weaker than you. It's the same attitude (with very different intent) that's been used to oppress women for a long time. Because you're bigger and stronger, he has to do what you tell him. Think about that for a minute.

Now, go back to my questions at the top. Would it have been acceptable if the person responsible was a scrawny, basically defenseless guy? Is the reason it's acceptable to you because the victim/provoker had a penis instead of a vagina? If so, doesn't this just add to the perception that women are weaker and dependent upon men for protection? Doesn't this continue to relegate women to the status of second-class citizens and humans?

While you're at the women's shelter making your donation, feel free to mention your liberal use of words like "faggot," "pussy," and "cunt" as insults (and I got two pages of results for searching for "faggot" and by (username( "BKT" on the board). What do you think they'll say? Do you think they'll appreciate it? Do you think they'll voice their dislike of your using those words? Or do you think that they'll be afraid that you'll punch them in the face and say, "Bitch, take the fucking check, you stupid cunt. I'm trying to help you her, you dumb whore"? Even if you would never hit them or say those things, I'm willing to be that the thought will be running through most of their heads the entire time.

Honestly, I'm not try to start some shit. But if you're sincere about ending violence against women, I would really encourage you to look into these things and engage in some introspection. Or, print out this thread and your post on Action Recon, take it to the women's shelter with your donation, and ask for their honest opinion.

Personally, I don't give a shit if someone beats the fuck out of Ben Weasel. But doing it because he "hit a girl" or two isn't quite the same thing as taking a full-on stand against violence against women. But I will also commend you for referring to them as women instead of girls.

A lot of the things you said in this post you are really out to lunch on. I don't have the time to go into them all. At the end of the day you are sitting around pissing and moaning about "why" I have donated money to a woman shelter. Bottom line bud, men do not hit women ever. Ben being weaker then me has nothing to do with this at all, I don't care if he was the size of a fucking grizzly bear I would want at him. We all go about things in different ways, as long as the end result is for a good cause then I see no problem.

As far as the use of violence, that is something you and I are never going to agree on.

Hell bud, by your logic here no one should do anything for anyone if they have ever said the word "fuck" in their life. My dog is a therapy dog and we do work at The Hospital For Sick Children. Gets the kids through their day sometimes, perhaps I should give that up as well, or get their parents to sign off on the Action Recon post before I show up with my dog. I'm over you bud, how about you get out there and do something instead of shitting on people who already are.

Have a nice day.

BKT.

XHonusWagnerX

[*] posted on 3-24-2011 at 03:54 PM

I dont agree with the use of violence or intimidation at all, but I say donate all the money anyone can to charities they support wether its a womans group or a medical thing.... whatever you think is a good cause is worth supporting.

I can say that I would never throw something at a band like that so I cant put myself in the situation, but I am NOT a fighter so if someone came at me like that I would be helpless even if I was 3 times the size of them.

Quote:

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-24-2011 at 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BKT
A lot of the things you said in this post you are really out to lunch on. I don't have the time to go into them all. At the end of the day you are sitting around pissing and moaning about "why" I have donated money to a woman shelter. Bottom line bud, men do not hit women ever. Ben being weaker then me has nothing to do with this at all, I don't care if he was the size of a fucking grizzly bear I would want at him. We all go about things in different ways, as long as the end result is for a good cause then I see no problem.

As far as the use of violence, that is something you and I are never going to agree on.

Hell bud, by your logic here no one should do anything for anyone if they have ever said the word "fuck" in their life. My dog is a therapy dog and we do work at The Hospital For Sick Children. Gets the kids through their day sometimes, perhaps I should give that up as well, or get their parents to sign off on the Action Recon post before I show up with my dog. I'm over you bud, how about you get out there and do something instead of shitting on people who already are.

Have a nice day.

BKT.

Look, man, I really wasn't trying to start an internet fight. I think you mean well, do well, and have the best of intentions. I'm not joking, fucking around, or being sarcastic when I say that. All I was trying to do was encourage some introspection. If you want to tie it to this board, skip to 5:51 in this:

Instead of opposing "violence against women," I'm just encouraging you to explore why there might be "violence against women" and try to understand the underlying causes. Just like instead of being against drugs, it's like trying to understand the root cause of why the fuck people are using those drugs in the first place and throwing their lives away.

I'm not "pissing and moaning" about why you are donating money. The only reason I bothered to say anything is because I think you mean well and are trying to do well, and I wanted to encourage you to pursue all of that in more depth. And part of the reason is because women's shelters do care about these things and do care about more than *just* providing direct services; they care about making themselves obsolete by ending the need for their services and ending violence against women. Yes, I know of some shelters refusing donations because of who was making the donation or why it was being made (eg. fraternities raising the donation via incredibly sexist means like putting women on display like pieces of meat).

Instead of immediately getting defensive, maybe you could read what I wrote and think about it for a bit before responding.

But I'm also not kidding about printing all this out and taking it to the shelter with your donation (which is awesome) and asking for their honest opinion. Maybe they agree with one, both, or none of us. I really don't know. But I have a hunch that they will have a strong response, whatever it is, and we could both learn a lot by listening to them.

About violence, I don't think we disagree that there's a time and a place where violence is justified. I also remember you telling a story on here a long time ago about some people disrespecting an old veteran in a store and hitting one of them, and then me adding a positive response. As I posted above, I have no problem with someone fucking up Ben Weasel.

Anyway, I hope you really don't think I'm trying to take a shit on you or criticize what you're doing. That's not it at all. I'm just trying to encourage you to be an even more positive force for change than you already are, and I hope you can respect that.

Please read and, if you can, help out a friend: http://www.gofundme.com/jacobmedical.
Vanilla Gorilla
Posting Freak

Mood: Yellow Stitches

[*] posted on 3-24-2011 at 05:54 PM

I never listened to Screeching Weasel because they were a "Fat Wreck Chords Band" and i don't like most of the stuff that that label puts out because most of the bands sound the same. Everything i have ever heard about Ben Weasel is that he acts like a dick all the time fuck that guy not just because he hit some woman which is wrong, but because he is a douche bag.

Well I've got a feeling I'm gonna get mine in. Retribution let the games begin.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-24-2011 at 06:02 PM

just the other day my girl called me a screeching weasel....
I told her to git!
na all bs aside, I never knew anything about this jamoke
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-24-2011 at 06:06 PM

If someone had taken him up on his $20 offer none of this would have happened :lol:

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top