Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Important Action Recon post
random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-24-2011 at 06:10 PM

You know, part of me was expecting someone to say that Ben Weasel hits like a girl, so it was a fair fight. I'm actually a bit surprised that nobody did, especially after my uber-feminist stuff above. :tumble:

Please read and, if you can, help out a friend: http://www.gofundme.com/jacobmedical.
Colin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-24-2011 at 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by XHonusWagnerX
I'm surprised that theres that many people here that never listened to Screeching Weasel.
They are like the brother band to The Queers, they're both Ramones clones with sillier lyrics.
I'm surprised too, but in my opinion no one is missing anything....I had a ton of friends in high school who loved that shit, & I could dig the Queers (still like 'em) probably because the only album of theirs I had for years was A Day Late & A Dollar Short with Wimpy singing. I remember hearing about this punk band Screeching Weasel that everyone loved in junior high, & then being really disappointed when I finally heard them.

My musical opinion aside.....
as far as if it was a 120lbs dude, if he was smaller than Ben he'd still be a pussy in my book for hitting someone smaller than him. & for throwing ice cubes? I could honestly see if he got hit in the head with a bottle hitting some chick outta pure reaction....I wouldn't give two shits about the chick then, anyone who would do that deserves to be clocked. But it was fucking ICE

record collectors are pretentious assholes
BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-24-2011 at 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by random
Quote:
Originally posted by BKT
A lot of the things you said in this post you are really out to lunch on. I don't have the time to go into them all. At the end of the day you are sitting around pissing and moaning about "why" I have donated money to a woman shelter. Bottom line bud, men do not hit women ever. Ben being weaker then me has nothing to do with this at all, I don't care if he was the size of a fucking grizzly bear I would want at him. We all go about things in different ways, as long as the end result is for a good cause then I see no problem.

As far as the use of violence, that is something you and I are never going to agree on.

Hell bud, by your logic here no one should do anything for anyone if they have ever said the word "fuck" in their life. My dog is a therapy dog and we do work at The Hospital For Sick Children. Gets the kids through their day sometimes, perhaps I should give that up as well, or get their parents to sign off on the Action Recon post before I show up with my dog. I'm over you bud, how about you get out there and do something instead of shitting on people who already are.

Have a nice day.

BKT.

Look, man, I really wasn't trying to start an internet fight. I think you mean well, do well, and have the best of intentions. I'm not joking, fucking around, or being sarcastic when I say that. All I was trying to do was encourage some introspection. If you want to tie it to this board, skip to 5:51 in this:

Instead of opposing "violence against women," I'm just encouraging you to explore why there might be "violence against women" and try to understand the underlying causes. Just like instead of being against drugs, it's like trying to understand the root cause of why the fuck people are using those drugs in the first place and throwing their lives away.

I'm not "pissing and moaning" about why you are donating money. The only reason I bothered to say anything is because I think you mean well and are trying to do well, and I wanted to encourage you to pursue all of that in more depth. And part of the reason is because women's shelters do care about these things and do care about more than *just* providing direct services; they care about making themselves obsolete by ending the need for their services and ending violence against women. Yes, I know of some shelters refusing donations because of who was making the donation or why it was being made (eg. fraternities raising the donation via incredibly sexist means like putting women on display like pieces of meat).

Instead of immediately getting defensive, maybe you could read what I wrote and think about it for a bit before responding.

But I'm also not kidding about printing all this out and taking it to the shelter with your donation (which is awesome) and asking for their honest opinion. Maybe they agree with one, both, or none of us. I really don't know. But I have a hunch that they will have a strong response, whatever it is, and we could both learn a lot by listening to them.

About violence, I don't think we disagree that there's a time and a place where violence is justified. I also remember you telling a story on here a long time ago about some people disrespecting an old veteran in a store and hitting one of them, and then me adding a positive response. As I posted above, I have no problem with someone fucking up Ben Weasel.

Anyway, I hope you really don't think I'm trying to take a shit on you or criticize what you're doing. That's not it at all. I'm just trying to encourage you to be an even more positive force for change than you already are, and I hope you can respect that.

Cool. I got ya and yes I can respect that. Good second post and a better explanation then what you were getting at before.

BKT.

Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-24-2011 at 08:54 PM

So wait...this Screeching Weasel thing is a band?
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top