Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: New Blood For Blood Album
morgan
Posting Freak

Mood: neighbors fighting

[*] posted on 4-10-2011 at 02:54 AM

Listening to Blood for Blood right now and amusing thought just ran through my mind. I find it kinda funny that the band who's lyrics I associate the most with were written by somebody who probably would hate me. I was lucky enough to be able to go to college and all that shit but I feel like a complete outsider around 99% of my "peers". I don't fit in there and wouldn't be accepted by the people who's lyrics I connect to. Had a few to drink and not sure if there even is a point to this but whatever.

Support the arts, shoot a rapper.
CR83

Mood: Harm's Way

[*] posted on 4-10-2011 at 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by morgan
Listening to Blood for Blood right now and amusing thought just ran through my mind. I find it kinda funny that the band who's lyrics I associate the most with were written by somebody who probably would hate me. I was lucky enough to be able to go to college and all that shit but I feel like a complete outsider around 99% of my "peers". I don't fit in there and wouldn't be accepted by the people who's lyrics I connect to. Had a few to drink and not sure if there even is a point to this but whatever.

Makes a lot of sense to me. Let's say I have been to 100 shows in my time (I'm 35). I went by myself to 94 of them. No one I hung out with every liked the music I listened to. Also, I love the lyrics and I work in an HR department of a Fortune 60 company. I'm Mr. Corporate all week long.
random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-11-2011 at 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by morgan

No, I get what you're saying, too, like CR. I don't think the issue is college vs. no college, though I do feel a bit silly making this post. Better way of thinking about it is the haves and have nots, particularly those who have had life handed to them on a silver platter and those who have had to work for everything, regardless of their success. I've had the luxury of living in a few different countries while getting paid to study, but that doesn't change the fact that I used to be a kid who was only able to eat dinner because his parents swallowed their pride and got food stamps so they could put food on the table. Also doesn't change the fact that pretty much everyone I knew growing up ended up dead, in jail, or strung out on drugs. Or that I would've been just the same if I wasn't lucky enough to get a scholarship and get the hell out right before heroin or oxycontin, or both, took every one of them out in some capacity.

Please read and, if you can, help out a friend: http://www.gofundme.com/jacobmedical.
hardtone

[*] posted on 4-12-2011 at 03:31 PM

Very good news...

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top