Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: So the Government is poised to close at midnight
lifeisabitch
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-8-2011 at 09:57 AM
So the Government is poised to close at midnight

I suggest we all who do not work in government refuse to go to work as well until they can figure it all out.
Shut it all down.
We need to reset the game and start over anyhow.

XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 4-8-2011 at 10:12 AM

is there any articles that are a simple overview about whats going on becuae I'm in the dark, but I'm not smart enough to grasp a lot of big words

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 4-8-2011 at 10:15 AM

This one bugged me - http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/04/08/3185676.htm

My facebook comment was "Get sent to a war you don't support by a government you didn't vote for and be told "sorry you aren't gonna be paid if we keep bickering about the budget, but you have to stay there and keep fighting or the terrorists win". That's typically when you say "fuck this" and find a new career." Considering the BILLIONS spent on military you'd think this would be the first one to say "fuck it, vacation time".

US Govt is fucking pathetic and now Trump is chasing the whole Obama ain't American thing again. Canada's doing no better in it's election campaign but atleast that vote can be measured in weeks, not nearly 2 years away.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
lifeisabitch
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-8-2011 at 10:35 AM

these guys don't like those guys
they call each other names
but really they work for the same team

nothing gets done except they get richer and we get poorer.

so the government has no budget which means no one gets paid
including the troops

this side wants to cut abortions with the budget while funding their own special interest projects (pork spending)
that side wants to spend more to try to fix the surmounting problems, except that big one being there is no more money to spend...

fuck em all
there is no solution so they are doing nothing

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 4-8-2011 at 11:02 AM

thankfully, our congressmen and women will continue to get paid while our soldiers will not.

to be honest, i applaud the dems for standing up to this. too bad they have to.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110407/ap_on_re_us/us_spending_...
The House approved a resolution by Republicans to fund the military through the end of the fiscal year. But the White House threatened to block it, calling the measure — which also includes billions more in budget cuts and a ban on publicly funded abortions in the District of Columbia — a "distraction from the real work that would bring us closer to a reasonable compromise."

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
Voodoobillyman
The Artist Formerly Known As...

Mood: my daughters beautiful curiousity

[*] posted on 4-8-2011 at 11:44 AM

Shit is straight up crazy in my world. We are about to lose most of the contracted and civilian DOD workforce at the hospital leaving just unpaid military to carry the workload. I have young sailors under my charge who are scared about how they are going to take care of their financial responsibilities because they live paycheck to paycheck. keep voting for jackasses and you keep getting jackass results.
lifeisabitch
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-8-2011 at 11:51 AM

We feel for ya Bob...
they have forgotten about who they are supposed to represent.
I don't think this will last that long.
too many people will get upset and maybe do something about it if it does.

Voodoobillyman

[*] posted on 4-8-2011 at 01:34 PM

It's absolutley ridiculous. We really do need a new direction in this country. We need to hold our representatives accountable for their actions. The only time they fear the people is election time, the rest of the almost two years is spent doing whatever their RICH constituents want them to. The whole system is distorted and diseased. The Constitution is a moving document, one worthy of mans finest moments, but it has been ignored and trampled for so long. It makes me sad, it really does.
Voodoobillyman

[*] posted on 4-8-2011 at 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by XHonusWagnerX
is there any articles that are a simple overview about whats going on becuae I'm in the dark, but I'm not smart enough to grasp a lot of big words

unfortunately no Josh. The problem is no one is quite clear on the exact ramifications this will have. The lawmakers are too busy pointing fingers at each other and playing the blame game. the media is too focused on said blame games to report on the real news surrounding this issue. It is all a ridiculous bunch of shite
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 4-8-2011 at 02:09 PM

I had no idea htey are actually going to expect military to continue working while they don't get paid. Is this forreal? All the while those that are suspeding government will continue to be paid and get healthcare? I have been too busy trying to stay afloat myself like the rest of you so having this messagboard helps out form ttime to time with news.

Can someone clarify this. Is that true? Military get nothign and the lawmakers still get paid and continue to get that sweet medical insurance we all pay for?

revolt.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 4-8-2011 at 02:14 PM

"In Iraq on Thursday, Defense Secretary Robert Gates told troops that if the government closes, their next paycheck would be for half the normal amount and they wouldn't receive a check at all the following pay period if the shutdown continued. Gates told them they could expect to get paid eventually for all their work."

^^^ I CAN'T BELIEVE I JUST READ THAT.

"I remember when I was your age I did a lot of living from paycheck to paycheck," Gates said. "And so, I hope this thing doesn't happen because I know it will be an inconvenience for a lot of troops."

"Republicans cited the threat to military families to pressure Democrats in negotiations."

^^^ FUCKING RAT BASTARDS.

"If the president vetoes this bill and shuts the government down, our men and women in uniform serving in Afghanistan, Iraq and around the world will not be paid," said House Majority Leader Eric Cantor. "Our troops must be paid, our country is broke and we are committed to fixing that. I urge the president to revisit his decision and work with us."

^^^ AGAIN. FUCKING RAT BASTARDS.

"Rep. Chris Van Hollen of Maryland, the senior Democrat on the House Budget Committee, said the GOP's effort was a "very cynical ploy to use our troops to try to impose the Republican agenda through the budget process."

^^^^ YA THINK?

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 4-8-2011 at 02:35 PM

they do this shit AAAALLLLLLLL the time and it's disgusting.
"lets stick a ton of crap that only WE want onto a bill that THEY would be crazy to oppose."
so now, all the sound bites and headlines are "THEY don't support the troops."

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
XnMeX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-8-2011 at 02:48 PM

This could fuck up me getting a house since I am waiting on an appeal on the aprasail and the property is a gov owned one and I am going for a gov loan... NOT happy.

random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-8-2011 at 04:22 PM

Honus, part of the problem is that only some parts of the government close during a shutdown. Things that are labeled "critical" remain open, even though some truly critical things aren't "critical" and some stupid bullshit is "critical." The same is true of the federal budget, where a substantial portion is "non-discretionary," which is a fancy was of saying you can't fuck with it even if you want to. Wikipedia does a decent job of explaining this, with mandatory spending being something like two-thirds of the federal budget, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_budget_process.

This is a very brief description of some of the things that will/won't be shut down: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/7945239/government_...

Please read and, if you can, help out a friend: http://www.gofundme.com/jacobmedical.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-8-2011 at 08:02 PM

up with us
down with them
oi!
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-8-2011 at 09:12 PM

There really needs to be a ground level reform in the constitution or something that says amendments on bills can not be about anything but what the original bill covers. If it's a bill for military spending, only military spending amendments can be made, anything else should be it's own bill.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
lifeisabitch
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-8-2011 at 09:36 PM

that would cause honesty and transparency in government
big business would never allow that

Six66Mike
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-9-2011 at 01:11 AM

That comment reminds me of this which I'm now listening to :D

http://www.lyricsdepot.com/screeching-weasel/racist-society....

Six66Mike
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-9-2011 at 03:36 AM

Crisis averted?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/04/09/3186870.htm

Quote:
The overall accord removed what Democrats had characterised as the biggest stumbling block - a Republican-crafted measure stripping federal funding from the Planned Parenthood clinics that provide abortions.

I'm amazed this one was of the key stakes in the argument, a woman's right to choose her own medical treatment. Government & religion have no place in the decision of medical practice. Amazing this shit is still a major issue.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2011/04/08/us-government-...

Quote:
Republicans had wanted deeper spending cuts than the Democrats, and had wanted provisions to cut off federal funds to Planned Parenthood and a stop to the Environmental Protection Agency's issuing of many anti-pollution regulations.

In the end, Democrats and the White House were successful in rebuffing Republican attempts to curtail the EPA's reach and they were able to sidetrack Republican demands to deny federal funds to Planned Parenthood.

Oh darn, in the midst of a global climate problem the Republican's wanted the already spineless EPA from trying to do their job and better the future for the entire planet?

How is it these right-wing (insert something here, I can't find the descriptive words I need) can be in even remotest balance of power, let alone very likely to take office 2012? I'm dumbfounded.

barc0debaby
Posting Freak

Mood: Punk as Fuck

[*] posted on 4-9-2011 at 07:39 AM

Republicans need to worry less about cutting the budget, and more about getting their corporate friends to pay some fuckin taxes.
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-9-2011 at 07:54 AM

Tis the season for politics, I just did like 9 posts on canadian election on my facebook. Right wing can get fucked, and every party thought government spending in economic downturn is good. Worked well for the people in the US, didn't it? More people lost their homes than ever before, unemployment sky rockets, middle class almost erased entirely, but the big investment banks, who got billions in bailouts, turned a hefty profit. Great way to spend money... :thumbdown:

XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 4-9-2011 at 08:57 AM

http://isthegovernmentshutdown.com/

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 4-9-2011 at 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by XHonusWagnerX
http://isthegovernmentshutdown.com/

HA!

DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-9-2011 at 10:54 AM

We need to take to the fucking streets and take our country back. Government shutdown? Fuck you. How about a civil shutdown motherfuckers? We'll fill the streets with pissed off people from left to right and back to center because we are all sick of your shit! You want to act like you're excited about Tunsia, Egypt, Syria and Libya? How about we do the same thing to you fat cats? See how long you leave the internet open to access and how long it takes you to try and martial troops against us. How many of "your" troops will say "fuck you" and take "your" guns and turn 'em on you?

That's what we need. That's precisely what we won't do.

morgan
Posting Freak

Mood: neighbors fighting

[*] posted on 4-9-2011 at 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveMoral
We need to take to the fucking streets and take our country back. Government shutdown? Fuck you. How about a civil shutdown motherfuckers? We'll fill the streets with pissed off people from left to right and back to center because we are all sick of your shit! You want to act like you're excited about Tunsia, Egypt, Syria and Libya? How about we do the same thing to you fat cats? See how long you leave the internet open to access and how long it takes you to try and martial troops against us. How many of "your" troops will say "fuck you" and take "your" guns and turn 'em on you?

That's what we need. That's precisely what we won't do.

As much as these things need to happen, that last line pretty much hit the nail on the head. The American public will continue to bend over and get fucked by the government all in the name of convenience and complacency.

Support the arts, shoot a rapper.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top