Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 4-9-2011 at 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BD
Quote:
Originally posted by XHonusWagnerX
http://isthegovernmentshutdown.com/

HA!

This site was put up by a friend of a friend and is kind of an inside joke. Last year my friends son was in trouble & grounded a lot s he made the site www.isOwengroundedtoday.com and the did a few others with the same theme.

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-9-2011 at 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by morgan
Quote:
Originally posted by DaveMoral
We need to take to the fucking streets and take our country back. Government shutdown? Fuck you. How about a civil shutdown motherfuckers? We'll fill the streets with pissed off people from left to right and back to center because we are all sick of your shit! You want to act like you're excited about Tunsia, Egypt, Syria and Libya? How about we do the same thing to you fat cats? See how long you leave the internet open to access and how long it takes you to try and martial troops against us. How many of "your" troops will say "fuck you" and take "your" guns and turn 'em on you?

That's what we need. That's precisely what we won't do.

As much as these things need to happen, that last line pretty much hit the nail on the head. The American public will continue to bend over and get fucked by the government all in the name of convenience and complacency.

Seriously, we are some lazy motherfuckers. And I'm an arch hypocrite because like everyone else I say this shit but I'm too damn tired, lazy or scared to back up my own thoughts. And to ice the cake, I... like most others... am afraid of doing it alone. Even though I know intellectually that you can pick any person on the street, white, black, conservative or liberal, who is sick to death with this shit. Yet all we ever tell ourselves is that we've got to make the necessary changes from within the system... and frankly, however good the system might once have been... the existence of mega-corporations and multi-nationals has made it obsolete. We need to come up with something better and build as much safeguards into it that we can to protect it from the shit that's going on now and has been for a long long time... and build in safeguards against complacency such that upholds a myth that the new system is the best system there ever could be and to lose it would be to lose our very lives. That's bullshit, and once some new social or economic development comes along that renders it obsolete it needs to go.

The nature of government is that it inevitably deteriorates and incubates corruption. The people just need to have the sense to see that shit and codify new operating procedures once this happens, and it needs to happen on a fairly regular basis. I recall a quote from Thomas Jefferson about revolution being necessary every 20 years.

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top