Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Blood for Blood and dan hardy
random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-14-2011 at 06:00 PM

Hardy's entrance song is England Belongs to Me from Cocksparrer. Pretty sure we've talked about this on the board before.

Dave, you're right about him training at a Shaolin temple. There was a bit of a controversy a while back because UFC airbrushed the tattoo off his stomach on the posters promoting his fight with GSP because it was, I believe, a Tibetan prayer and the UFC said it might be offensive to China (and that they'd like to expand into China).

He just acts like a cocky douche in interviews, and I can do without the silly faux-hawk he's worn at times. He may be the nicest guy ever, but he comes across as a dick. I find that especially surprising given his apparent love for hardcore and oi and his time training at the temples.

I really do wish I could like the guy, but he just seems like the kind of dick that will pull the "I've been into [insert band name here] since [insert year here], how about you?" card.

I doubt the shirt is a LCN rip off, even though it looks that way. He's known for the bandanna.

Please read and, if you can, help out a friend: http://www.gofundme.com/jacobmedical.
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-15-2011 at 09:28 PM

^I think most UFC fighters come off like dicks from time to time. Interviews, their own books, whatever. The lower on the totem pole they are the more dickish they come off. I think it has a lot to do with trying to create hype and nothing creates hype around a fighter like being a heel. In the article he did for Kung Fu Magazine a while back he didn't seem like a dick to me though.

UFC, frankly, has a kind of WWE vibe to it in many ways. Which is why I prefer Strikeforce. Presentation is a big thing for me. UFC is like a WWE/Juggalo event, Strikeforce(which is now owned by UFC obviously) is presented like a fucking sporting event. Thank God for Showtime.

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-15-2011 at 09:51 PM

and to think i will be in California when B4B play in PA.......
zany
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top