Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: First mini attempt at "extreme couponing"...
XnMeX
Posting Freak

thumbup.gif posted on 4-12-2011 at 09:10 PM
First mini attempt at "extreme couponing"...

I know someone made a post about that show and we watched it this weekend and thought "How the fuck do they do that???" so I looked into it and me and the wife tried a mini run...

$50 worth of stuff...

4 Jars of Peter Pan PB, 4 Boxes of Kix, 10 Philly Cooking Cremes, and 8 Yoplait Yogurts all for $11.99!

Not bad for a first attempt!

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 4-12-2011 at 09:31 PM

so...break the deal down for us!

nice thing is that it's all stuff you'll use within a reasonable timeframe. might be eating a lot of peanut butter, though.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
XnMeX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-12-2011 at 09:45 PM

"Sadly", the Peanut Butter will be the first thing gone. We are both PB junkies. We had Thai Peanut chicken (withc extra PB) for dinner and then a slice of PB chocolate cake for desert.

As for the breakdown, the trick is combining sales and coupons (or double coupons). One store in the area doubles coupons and their is a site that lists items on sale and if they have any coupons for the items (most you can print right off of websites).

I can't remember the yogurts but the Cooking Cremes are usually $2.99, on sale for $1.49 and we had a $1.00 coupon (the store only doubles coupons below $1.00 though, but still got them for $0.49). Kix were on sale for $1.99 a box, printed $0.50 coups and doubled them.

We will make use of all the stuff and are giving a few of the cooking cremes to some friends.

clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 4-12-2011 at 10:31 PM

I'll get you photos of some of our scores. We just landed over $80 in stuff for just over $8 and i am not bullshitting. We have a tally since the beginning of the year and our estimated total is for things is huge. I have all the receipts and we are going to spreadsheet them soon. MY WIFE IS COUPON CHAMPION!

My suggestions
Shop at STAPLES, get emails from em and buy all stuff from STAPLES. We get all computer paper, tape, pens, ink, batteries etc for nearly free. So far I have a full box of paper= 10 reams and i spent maybe $8 for.

Shop where places double or triple. Look for adds and print out coupon that end in #5. You can use them on any product said company offers. Also, It take s some time, but it pays off. It really does.

Shop at RITE AID or CVS Pharmacy's. They are coupon friendly. DO NOT shop at WALGREENS they are not coupon friendly. Coupon Pharmacy shopping has amazing deals. Even on soap, hand soap, body wash and anything else you can think of that a pharmacy sells.

TARGET- fucking rules as well. We get some awesome deals on cleaning products, detergents, soaps, toothpastes. I'll take some pics of our scores and show ya.

If you work somewhere where you can print online coupons use it. You will be printing a lot of them.

Off top of my head I will guess we would have spent maybe $683.00 total on everything since the beginning of year and would have spent well over $3,000. We get a lot for free. Just because of doubling coupons.

Keep in mind a lot of this is stuff we don't need and we have stocked up. We are planning at the end of the year donating some stuff near expiration dates and I have chosen a local woman and children shelter. They don't know it, but that is where I will take some of this stuff.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
XnMeX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-12-2011 at 11:02 PM

Nice! Deffinetly post up your haul! What stores do you go to that double? Target, Staples, Rite Aid and CVS don't, right?

clevohardcore

[*] posted on 4-12-2011 at 11:38 PM

GIANT EAGLE- they double and sometimes triple. Never tripled yet though. They will not give you money back so if your coupons owe you money your out of luck. WALMART however, they will give you money back. Today I would my 5 year old a nice Rawlings t-ball stand for Easter that was $20.00 and only paid $8.63 because we used coupons on other items that ended up being free and owed us money. So WALMART gave us $11.37 just to shop.

Do want you can and go online to read up on websites. I'll get a list of sites my wife uses tomorrow. Also, check out ebay. People will compile a shit ton of coupons of single items and you buy them from them. We have over 60 tubes of toothpaste and 60 toothbrushes. I know what your going to say. Same with soap. We got soap bars, body wash, lotions, toilet paper and all kinds of shit. It is amazing what you an save and acquire with using coupons.

Side note:
I was going to hit up CRREED about his GROUPON thing in another thread, but I'll do it here. What is that? I read you used it for your lasik.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
XnMeX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-12-2011 at 11:45 PM

Walmart doubles coupons???

clevohardcore

[*] posted on 4-12-2011 at 11:48 PM

Photobucket
Each one is full of something. One is toothpaste and toothbrushes, another is feminie products for the lady, another is just handsoap/dispensers, another is batteries and various items like tape, pens etc, another is laundry detergent.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

clevohardcore

[*] posted on 4-12-2011 at 11:50 PM

We have over 15 boxes of cereal right now that we paid like .30 each for. Its amazing. Also, granola and fiber bars out the ass. Pun intended.:cool:

jonnynewbreed
Posting Freak

Mood: Quite nice actually.

[*] posted on 4-13-2011 at 06:37 AM

these deals don't happen in Canada.
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 4-13-2011 at 06:37 AM

my biggest question is what the fuck is a cooking creme??

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-13-2011 at 06:43 AM

Yeah I've never even heard of cooking creme, sounds like it's health food? lol...

Glad I'm hearing donate...we watched an episode of that show...those people are sick...hoarding all that food just for the thrill of getting it almost free? Waste.
Johnny_Whistle

Mood: the voices

[*] posted on 4-13-2011 at 07:21 AM

I think I'm gonna need to stat looking into this myself. My rent just doubled, and I need to save every penny I can and probably get a second job. I need to stop throwing those circulars away...

http://www.facebook.com/johncurtinmusic

"Making people laugh is the lowest form of comedy"
-Michael O'Donnohue
XnMeX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-13-2011 at 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by XHonusWagnerX
my biggest question is what the fuck is a cooking creme??

It is a new item put out by Philly. It is used in recipies and the wife can make some amazing stuff with it. Pasta dishes, quesadillas, and a bunch of other stuff. Pretty much loike cooking with cream cheese.

And speaking of donating, I fuckin HATE mustard but have some coupons to pick up 2 bottles for free just to donate. Those people on the show are indeed sick! I am all set on giving up a room in my house for this but I wouldn't mind keeping the pantry fully stocked, hook up some friends, and donate some food all for less than it would cost me normally.

XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 4-13-2011 at 08:07 AM

ok... post up the sites

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
Murk
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-13-2011 at 09:54 AM

somebody should tell homeless shelters how to do this.
XnMeX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-13-2011 at 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by XHonusWagnerX
ok... post up the sites

The one I use is http://www.mavenofsavin.com since they list up Shaws (which is in my area) and they also list up Rite Aid and CVS which I need to "learn" how to do.

Furly
Posting Freak

Mood: Not your band.

[*] posted on 4-13-2011 at 12:36 PM

Awesome! The stuff I wind up with way to much of I donate to my friends. I typically have people over at least once a week to have dinner, it's not unlikely that they leave with a bag of stuff like cleaning supplies, toothpaste ect.

Furly
Posting Freak

Mood: Not your band.

[*] posted on 4-13-2011 at 12:38 PM

That's the only reason my man doesn't get mad if I come home with to much stuff. He fears I'll become a hoarder.

Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 4-13-2011 at 12:41 PM

I didn't know Peter Pan Peanut Butter was still around. I haven't heard about that stuff in years.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
Colin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-13-2011 at 12:58 PM

Clevo, seeing those toothpaste deals makes me wonder what difference it makes when toothpaste expires....I looked at a bunch of my half used tubes a few months back & noticed they all expired over a year ago

record collectors are pretentious assholes
XnMeX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-13-2011 at 01:59 PM

I am almost out of toothpaste so I plan on finding a way thru Rite Aid or CVS to get it for free.

clevohardcore

[*] posted on 4-13-2011 at 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by XnMeX
Walmart doubles coupons???

^^^^^^^^ No they don't. That is why I listed them separate. What they do that GInat Eagle doesn't is Walmart will give you back money if they owe you because a coupon was more value. I used the exta to get a tball stand for my boy.

clevohardcore

[*] posted on 4-13-2011 at 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Blackout Colin
Clevo, seeing those toothpaste deals makes me wonder what difference it makes when toothpaste expires....I looked at a bunch of my half used tubes a few months back & noticed they all expired over a year ago

^^^^^I looked it up and toothpaste can expire and not go bad. However when you donate most places will not take expired items so I will donate some b4 they are done. Sunday the wife picked up 12 more colgate for free. We could have gotten .10 back for each but The Eagle doesnt refund money.

clevohardcore

[*] posted on 4-13-2011 at 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Discipline
I didn't know Peter Pan Peanut Butter was still around. I haven't heard about that stuff in years.

^^^ Ya its always on sale with coupons. Smuckers natural is tough to find though.

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top