Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  3
Author: Subject: First mini attempt at "extreme couponing"...
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 4-13-2011 at 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by XnMeX
Quote:
Originally posted by XHonusWagnerX
ok... post up the sites

The one I use is http://www.mavenofsavin.com since they list up Shaws (which is in my area) and they also list up Rite Aid and CVS which I need to "learn" how to do.

^^^^ The wife will link em up tonight. DO go to RITE AID and CVS. Sign up for there prefered shoppers cards. Get emials and they send you deals. Add the coupons from papers and weekly mail and you score big. The wife went during lunch and landed Gillette excel razors and laundry detergent and spent $1.24 total.

REDPLUM mailers every tuesday.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
XnMeX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-13-2011 at 03:26 PM

Seems like a lot of the Rite Aid and CVS deals are centered around Mail In Rebates and / or in store "money". True?

clevohardcore

[*] posted on 4-13-2011 at 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by XnMeX
Seems like a lot of the Rite Aid and CVS deals are centered around Mail In Rebates and / or in store "money". True?

^^^^ Ya, somewhat. Rebates can either be mailed to you or paypal. That is what I do with STAPLES. The CVS and RITE AID stuff my wife does and every time she goes she is spending hardly any cash for a lot of stuff. Last week she had a bill of over $40 and spent around $5 or $6.

I revised our total spend to be estimated around $532.00 for the year. And items around $3,000 worth.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 4-14-2011 at 09:38 AM

this one's gonna be on Hoarders next:
http://financiallyfit.yahoo.com/finance/article-112514-9255-...

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 4-14-2011 at 10:12 AM

this is all amazing to me, but sounds like a full time job

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 4-14-2011 at 03:09 PM

couponmoms.com

ebates

XnMeX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-14-2011 at 03:44 PM

My wife just got into Ebates. Got a $12.00 check already for stuff we were going to buy anyway.

Dave
Posting Freak

Mood: .......

[*] posted on 4-15-2011 at 08:53 AM

i dont think i've ever had peter pan PB, i dont think we get it up here. (but i'm a Kraft extra smooth PB, lover anyways)

And it's true, we dont have that kind of couponing up here.
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 4-26-2011 at 01:58 PM
Coupons got this for $9. estimate

On other side of the FUSE drinks are 8 BRUTE deodorants. The Deodorant, Honest Tea and FUSE were all free. The Nivea body wash was all free, but I had to pay tax and the Edge shave gel were .30 each.

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 4-26-2011 at 01:58 PM

HA!
i could use a new shaving cream, hook a brother up!

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 4-26-2011 at 02:02 PM

The THORP Warriors will be getting toiletries from me this Christmas!

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 4-26-2011 at 02:04 PM

:D

XnMeX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-26-2011 at 02:06 PM

What is the breakdown of the deal? Where? What coups? Sales? Rebate programs? Etc...

One thing that is awesome about New Hampshire is no sales tax. ;)

clevohardcore

[*] posted on 4-26-2011 at 03:14 PM

I got the Nivea $3.00 coupons on ebay and they expire in 20 days. Bought 20 of them for $7 including shipping. Go to Walmart as they are $3.00 at Walmart. Making them free. Or $7(ebay) for 20 body washes. We also have 8 of the coupons from us that my wife collected from various places. We used those a couple weeks ago. I bought all Walmart had and I still have 13 coupons left that I will get in the coming week.

The Edge coupons we collected over time. The were .55 off that double in our local Giant Eagle. We waited till they went on sale and used them. They were like 1.50 on sale. Normally they only go to $2.00 which would have made them only .90. Still a bargain for as much as my hairy ass goes through them.

The Honest Tea and FUSE I have no idea how my wife got those. I think she saved them up from getting 6 newspapers every week and collecting them over the past weeks. We get the Sunday papers on Monday for only only .99 at our local drugstore.

The BRUTE deodorant was coupons saved up as well from newspapers. They were on sale this week and my wife used them. The coupons came out to the same price as the deodorant on sale and that made them free.

SIDE NOTE: I just realized that I should have not made this thread and put it in the past COUPON threads we have. Any chance we can combine all our coupon threads into one? It would help all of us keep track of what is going on. For all those interested of course.

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 4-26-2011 at 03:32 PM

Merge complete!

XnMeX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-26-2011 at 03:34 PM

Awesome, thanks for the breakdown!

clevohardcore

[*] posted on 4-26-2011 at 03:43 PM

Here is a ebay link to someone selling 10 of them. They expire on 5/14 but they are BIN for $6. So you get 10 body washes for $6.45 total. Freaking nice.

http://cgi.ebay.com/10-3-00-Nivea-Men-Body-Wash-MAY-14-225-F...

My wife said go tho this website to get points to get coupons This is how we got the HONEST TEA for free. We also got coupons for free coffee. Also they have coupons for COKE and PEPSI products.

http://www.recyclebank.com/

Furly
Posting Freak

Mood: Not your band.

[*] posted on 4-26-2011 at 09:46 PM

Last week was really good for me! I got 20 mens Nivea bodywashes, there were on sale at rite aid, and was able to by 4 at a time for a total of 4.38 far the 4, but then get a $5 up back (like cash to use there), then I'd turn around and get 4 more and also some Gain dish liquid, the little bottles were on sale for (I think) 69 cents, then I used a $1.00 off that was in the paper last week, got 20 of them so made some more cash...... Then with all my overdraw I got some fruity pebbles that were $1 a box, buy 2, get a $1 off, so 50cents each.

clevohardcore

[*] posted on 4-26-2011 at 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Furly
Last week was really good for me! I got 20 mens Nivea bodywashes, there were on sale at rite aid, and was able to by 4 at a time for a total of 4.38 far the 4, but then get a $5 up back (like cash to use there), then I'd turn around and get 4 more and also some Gain dish liquid, the little bottles were on sale for (I think) 69 cents, then I used a $1.00 off that was in the paper last week, got 20 of them so made some more cash...... Then with all my overdraw I got some fruity pebbles that were $1 a box, buy 2, get a $1 off, so 50cents each.

^^^^ RITE AID is were its at. Getting store credit is pretty sweet. It just keeps rolling over and building if ya let it.

Furly
Posting Freak

Mood: Not your band.

[*] posted on 4-27-2011 at 08:15 AM

Same! I'm actually at a loss right now since I still got $5 that needs to be used by next week and there arn't many great deals that I want in on.... I can't just go spend the money without planning. :-/

XnMeX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-6-2011 at 08:22 PM

I still need to figure out Rite Aid but did some Shaws action tonight with the wifes first eBay purchased coups for Uncle Bens rice.

$7.73 for 18 boxes of rice, 4 boxes of pasta, 3 boxes of cereal, 3 bottles of mustard, and 3 packages of dog treats!

clevohardcore

[*] posted on 5-7-2011 at 01:30 AM

NICE SCORE!

XnMeX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-7-2011 at 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by clevohardcore
NICE SCORE!

Kinda got a little "tricky" with the uncle bens... We had 20 coups for one certain type that was not on sale and then right next to it they had ones 10/$10 so we used the $0.75 coup and made $0.50 on each box towards our other stuff since the coup doubled.

clevohardcore

[*] posted on 5-7-2011 at 08:55 AM

That was real smart. It may not be the exact item you want, but go with the one where you get it free or you get some money back towards other purchases.

One thing that sucked recently was that I needed to make several trips out to 2 WALMART stores because I had 20 coupons for that NIVEA body wash but they were always out. I had 12 remaining coupons from the first trip. I went at 1 am and they got a truck in and they gave me a full box of the body wash unopened as it contained a total of 12. I only paid like $2.00 in tax for them because the coupon made them free. That was the cool part of the not so cool moment. The manager was totally cool and got em for me. However the cashier was mad that I got them for the price and kept on trying to find out how I got the coupons. She asked if I worked for the local paper and how did I get them? And several other jackass questions. She would have been even more of a bitch had I not had the manager being so cool. I call that coupon blocking. Ya seriously want to be a bitch because I found a way to save my money and you didn't? Fuck you! That shit is annoying. You will get that a lot at WALGREENS by the way. They are anti coupon.

XnMeX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-7-2011 at 01:08 PM

I am trying to remain REALLY friendly to the managers and cashiers at Shaws in the area because it sounds like in the area that couponing and coupon-ers are kinda "clique" like wich I find kinda funny. I would just tell her that you buy a lot of newspapers. The wife bought 10 or 20 of the Nivea coups on eBay like you said and we are leaving now to check out Walmart. Wish us luck.

Pages:  1  2  3

Go To Top