Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: First mini attempt at "extreme couponing"...
Furly
Posting Freak

Mood: Not your band.

[*] posted on 5-7-2011 at 04:55 PM

I really should start taking pictures. This week I got 2 (12 packs) of TP, 2 toothpastes, 6 deodorants, 8 (3 packs) of ivory soap, 10 packs of bikini shavers, 8 small bottles of dish soap, 2 things of cat liter 3 packs of sunflower seeds..... I think thats it, maybe there was more. It was over $100 before sales and coupons, got it down to just under $20....

Now I really need to stop getting toothpaste, but when you get paid a buck a piece how can you pass it up?!

XnMeX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-7-2011 at 06:00 PM

Just give some to friends or donate, that's what I plan on doing when the stockpile gets too big.

clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 5-7-2011 at 07:55 PM

Ya I know, the wife keeps picking up 4 toothpastes or so each visit and we got a full container already of it. Gave some to family, but it was fucked up how some of them they really didn't give a shit. Last fucking time I give them anything free again. Trying to help them out.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 5-7-2011 at 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by XnMeX
I am trying to remain REALLY friendly to the managers and cashiers at Shaws in the area because it sounds like in the area that couponing and coupon-ers are kinda "clique" like wich I find kinda funny. I would just tell her that you buy a lot of newspapers. The wife bought 10 or 20 of the Nivea coups on eBay like you said and we are leaving now to check out Walmart. Wish us luck.

^^^^^^^ The 2 closest walmarts to us do not order for you so we have to keep going back and checking there stock. PLus, very sneeky they only stock 6 NIVEA bodywash at a time because of the coupon. The other brands have like 3-4 rows of the same wash = an average of like 18 or so. Hope you avoid the issues we had with them.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
XnMeX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-8-2011 at 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by clevohardcore
Quote:
I am trying to remain REALLY friendly to the managers and cashiers at Shaws in the area because it sounds like in the area that couponing and coupon-ers are kinda "clique" like wich I find kinda funny. I would just tell her that you buy a lot of newspapers. The wife bought 10 or 20 of the Nivea coups on eBay like you said and we are leaving now to check out Walmart. Wish us luck.

^^^^^^^ The 2 closest walmarts to us do not order for you so we have to keep going back and checking there stock. PLus, very sneeky they only stock 6 NIVEA bodywash at a time because of the coupon. The other brands have like 3-4 rows of the same wash = an average of like 18 or so. Hope you avoid the issues we had with them.

Didn't have a problem, we had 10 coupons and I got 6 meand and we even used 4 of them for womans Nivea body wash for the wife.

clevohardcore

[*] posted on 5-8-2011 at 08:31 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Didn't have a problem, we had 10 coupons and I got 6 meand and we even used 4 of them for womans Nivea body wash for the wife.

^^^^^^^^^^ AHAHA I tried that and they refused me. Since it clearly stated MENS on the coupon. Thing is I've done that b4 and it scans no problem. Nice job landing those.

Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-9-2011 at 06:34 AM

So how much time a week on average are you guys spending collecting these coupons?
XnMeX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-9-2011 at 07:38 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

^^^^^^^^^^ AHAHA I tried that and they refused me. Since it clearly stated MENS on the coupon. Thing is I've done that b4 and it scans no problem. Nice job landing those.

The wife tried using Clean & Clear Body Wash coupons on face cleanser, that did NOT work. Never know unless you try because sometimes thye ring up and the cashier doesn't notice / care. I think the problem is BOGO because they need to write the ammount on the coupon and that is when it gets caught almost every time. Lessons learned!

As for the ammount of time, I don't spend too much time on it. I can also do some at work so that time does not count. ;)

XnMeX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-9-2011 at 08:46 PM

Ok, hit up Rite Aid for the first time and was well prepared!

Simple thing I learned that I am sure Clevo and Furly already know, if you use a BOGO coupon on an item that is on sale as bogo you get them for free.

Well, I knew Rite Aid was have a BOGO on most candybars. I had coups for the Hershey's from sunday papers and then Reese's coups were printed out but the best... I was at Market Basket (local store) that had a stack of BOGO Snickers Peanut Butter coups...

I got all the Snickers PB's from both Rite Aid stores in Dover, NH.

$14.92 for todays haul... 6 bottles of dish soap, 6 Speed Sticks, 2 body washes, 3 heat patches, 1 pain cream, 3 packs of panty liners, 10 Hershey bars, 4 packs of Reese's, and 22 Snickers peanut butter bars (ate one before the picture was taken ;) ) which retails for $108.54 (Well, at normal Rite Aid prices anyway...)

This was the first haul I did 100% on my own since my wife is a coupon master and I went this one alone as well and I felt PUMPED coming out of Rite Aid with all this shit! It is very odd to explain but it reminds me of the "high" I would get when I used to shoplift as a kid.

clevohardcore

[*] posted on 5-9-2011 at 08:53 PM

"This was the first haul I did 100% on my own since my wife is a coupon master and I went this one alone as well and I felt PUMPED coming out of Rite Aid with all this shit! It is very odd to explain but it reminds me of the "high" I would get when I used to shoplift as a kid."

Dude, I know exactly what your saying. The best thing about this is its all legal. Great job by the way. Especially on your own without the lady around.

XnMeX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-10-2011 at 07:43 AM

Quote:
"This was the first haul I did 100% on my own since my wife is a coupon master and I went this one alone as well and I felt PUMPED coming out of Rite Aid with all this shit! It is very odd to explain but it reminds me of the "high" I would get when I used to shoplift as a kid."

Dude, I know exactly what your saying. The best thing about this is its all legal. Great job by the way. Especially on your own without the lady around.

Rite Aid had confused me a bit everytime I would look on the matchup websites and I did not have the Up rewards fully figured out so I said to the wife "That's it, I am going to figure out Rite Aid and do a haul!". The BOGO baffled me and I still had my doubts that it would work but it did. When I went to the 2nd Rite Aid for the rest of the Snickers (we have 2 Rite Aids litteraly 1/2 mile from eachother) I got 8 Snickers and my total due was $0.00. First time that has happened and it felt weird just going "Ok, See ya!" and walking out with a bag of stuff.

clevohardcore

[*] posted on 5-10-2011 at 10:11 PM

shelf price is $232.15
after coupons and store specials is $47.01
Photo does not include 2 gallons of milk 1 pound of turkey breast and 1/4 pound of muenster cheese. We needed to get them in the fridge.
The boy wanted to show you all his dinner. It was green beans sweet potatoes and chicken. :singing:

XnMeX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-11-2011 at 06:58 AM

Pretty damn good haul! I HATE that V8 Splash stuff with a passion!

clevohardcore

[*] posted on 5-11-2011 at 01:31 PM

Quote:
Pretty damn good haul! I HATE that V8 Splash stuff with a passion!

^^^^^ I wont drink it as it has the high fructuse corn syrup. That is the wife. It's nto bad tasting just not my bag. Very sweet.

clevohardcore

[*] posted on 5-11-2011 at 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jason the Magnificent
So how much time a week on average are you guys spending collecting these coupons?

^^My wife is running this. She spends maybe a hour a day after work. Then again she is collecting stuff online throughout the day as well so its hard to gauge. She works full-time so she aint devoting as much as she'd like. Otherwise we'd have a bunker of inventory if she could spend more time on it. The days she shops has more time devoted to it as she is organizing and planning the list.

Just got a text from her. She picked up 7 GILLETTE shave gels for .11 each at RITE AID. 7 freaking containers for .77 total. The total is less than half of what one would cost. Time to start shaving the back hair. :singing:

clevohardcore

[*] posted on 5-12-2011 at 02:31 PM

shick hydro shave gel. The coupons are on ebay. .75 which should double in your stores. I got 10 on ebay for 1.45 including shipping. The coupon is good till 5/31/11. The store sale ends next week and witht he store sale it will make them .15 each. I'll link ebay tonight if any of you have the sale going on in your stores.

XnMeX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-12-2011 at 03:10 PM

Not on sale here, I just got 4 cans of Gillette Foam for free from SS coups from last week though. I prefer gel, but I REALLY prefer FREE!

clevohardcore

[*] posted on 5-12-2011 at 04:16 PM

Quote:
Not on sale here, I just got 4 cans of Gillette Foam for free from SS coups from last week though. I prefer gel, but I REALLY prefer FREE!

FREeeeeeeee! awhaywhahwhhahwhaw

*Homer J Simpson*

XnMeX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-19-2011 at 10:08 PM

Got a question for Clevo or Furly since you 2 seem to know about Rite Aid...

They have toothpaste of sale this week. It is $2.99 with $2.00 back in UP+ plus I have a $1.00 coupon...

If I bought the toothpaste for $2.99
Use $1.00 coupon and get $2.00 back in UP+
Can I go and get another thing of toothpase with another $1.00 coupon and the $2.00 UP+ I got from the first purchase?

And if so, would I then get ANOTHER $2.00 in UP+?

clevohardcore

[*] posted on 5-19-2011 at 10:48 PM

Hi! This is Clevo's wife. If you look at the ad, RA allows a limit of 2 offers per household, (two UP+ rewards per address). So, to answer your question yes, you can do this and you will get (2) $2.00 up rewards- but you may have to buy another cheap item (like something for .50) with the second transactions to use the $2.00 up from the first transaction due to the tax (I am not sure if the tax is different for NH vs OH). Your second transaction total will need to be over 2.00 to use the $2.00 up from the first transaction. The RA I go to is very "coupon friendly" and the cashiers always let me run through two different transactions to roll the rewards. Hope this makes sense!

Furly
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-20-2011 at 01:35 PM

I would get the 2 toothpastes, using my 2 coupons on the same trip. I typically do all my RA, CVS, and Wags shopping on Monday.

When the next week flyers are out, I make my lists, put together my coupons and Ups,RR, and Bucks, in separate piles, go to the store that Monday and do it all over again. It's called rolling your rewards. That's how I got 2 packs of zip loc tuperware, 9 things of detergent and some other crap for freeeeeee this week. All the rewards I got back I'll use again next Monday.

XnMeX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-21-2011 at 07:24 AM

Thanks to both of you for the info. How long are Up Rewards good for?

Furly
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-21-2011 at 02:24 PM

2 weeks I think.

clevohardcore

[*] posted on 5-21-2011 at 11:43 PM

The wife says they differ and you find out from your receipts somehow most of the time. It may depend on the store though.

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 6-27-2011 at 09:34 PM

Extreme Coupons: TV Show Draws Extreme Backlash
http://financiallyfit.yahoo.com/finance/article-113020-10125...

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top