Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: i wish this wasn't a "gaff." i wish this was how he truly spoke to the american people.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 4-15-2011 at 04:34 PM
i wish this wasn't a "gaff." i wish this was how he truly spoke to the american people.

Obama caught on audio slamming GOP

Yesterday, President Obama delivered some of his harshest criticism yet of his recent battle with Republicans to fund the government.

However, Obama may not have intended for everybody to hear him.

While listening to an audio feed from a Chicago fundraiser Thursday night, CBS News reporter Mark Knoller heard Obama speaking with donors after other reporters had left the room. That's when the president really opened up about his disdain for the recent GOP pushback:

"I said, 'You want to repeal health care? Go at it. We'll have that debate. But you're not going to be able to do that by nickel-and-diming me in the budget. You think we're stupid?'" the president said.

Obama also complained about GOP attempts to attach a bill to the resolution to fund the government that would defund women's health services provider Planned Parenthood.

"Put it in a separate bill," the president said he told House Speaker John Boehner and his staff, CBS reported. "We'll call it up. And if you think you can overturn my veto, try it. But don't try to sneak this through."

The president also made clear he is no fan of Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.), the GOP's Budget Committee chairman.

"When Paul Ryan says his priority is to make sure... he's just being America's accountant and trying to be responsible-- this is the same guy that voted for two wars that were unpaid for, voted for the Bush tax cuts that were unpaid for, voted for the prescription drug bill that cost as much as my health care bill--but wasn't paid for," Obama said.

audio available here:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_theticket/20110415/ts_yblog_th...

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
lifeisabitch
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-15-2011 at 04:45 PM

how good would it be to have an angry black man in the white house...

I was thinking about this just yesterday, where have all the black leaders gone?
even Jesse Jackson has left the scene...
where is the next Malcolm or MLK
and what do they think of the state of the black community, (or lack of community)

Colin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-15-2011 at 04:50 PM

:thumbup: I'm no Democrat, but fuck the GOP. It's straight up the party of pure evil. I know good people who are Republican, but I think they're just not very smart, because they're almost always poor rural people. I can't think of one positive thing they've really done in a very, very long time, besides maybe a few issues involving gun rights, which I am all for. Can any of you think of anything good they've done? They just seem to oppose any & every positive change

record collectors are pretentious assholes
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-15-2011 at 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lifeisabitch

I was thinking about this just yesterday, where have all the black leaders gone?
and what do they think of the state of the black community, (or lack of community)

Seriously.

Put a Malcolm X, post Hajj, in office and you'd have a whole different kind of ball game. I'd like to think shit would get done. Reality is, he'd probably have gotten capped.

clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 4-15-2011 at 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveMoral
Quote:

Seriously.

Put a Malcolm X, post Hajj, in office and you'd have a whole different kind of ball game. I'd like to think shit would get done. Reality is, he'd probably have gotten capped.

^^^^^^^^^^^ ARE YOU FUCKING CRAZY? :shocked2:

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-15-2011 at 09:49 PM

sorry guys, but I don't trust any of em

yeah I like Obama.

He's handsome, half black, and a great speaker.

Seems to me it's like well lets blame this black guy for all the shit from the last jackass that hasn't gotten fixed yet

the 2 party system has to go.
there I said it

barc0debaby
Posting Freak

Mood: Punk as Fuck

[*] posted on 4-16-2011 at 01:21 AM

Katt Williams for president.
Colin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-16-2011 at 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MQ74

the 2 party system has to go.

DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-16-2011 at 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by clevohardcore
Quote:
Originally posted by DaveMoral
Quote:

Seriously.

^^^^^^^^^^^ ARE YOU FUCKING CRAZY? :shocked2:

I suggest you read about Malcolm X. Most folks don't really know shit about him except the media hype before he left the Nation of Islam and went to Mecca for the Hajj. He came back a very changed man. No less radical for justice for his people, but he completely turned away from that "white devil" claptrap that Elijah Muhammad taught.

random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-16-2011 at 07:14 AM

Hey Dave, have you heard about Manning Marable's new bio of Malcolm X? It's supposed to present a lot of new information.

As for the Obama quote, it's not even that extreme. I don't see why he can't just say that openly. It's not like when thishappened in the Senate:

Quote:

Cheney finally telling Leahy to "f--- off" or "go f--- yourself," the aides said.

Please read and, if you can, help out a friend: http://www.gofundme.com/jacobmedical.
Colin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-16-2011 at 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by random
Hey Dave, have you heard about Manning Marable's new bio of Malcolm X? It's supposed to present a lot of new information.

As for the Obama quote, it's not even that extreme. I don't see why he can't just say that openly. It's not like when thishappened in the Senate:

Quote:

Cheney finally telling Leahy to "f--- off" or "go f--- yourself," the aides said.
...ha..."fuck off, Leahy!"......sorry, I had a Trailer Park Boys moment

DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-16-2011 at 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by random

Quote:

I've heard about that new bio, haven't gotten it yet. That professor, right up until his recent passing, was leading the charge for re-opening the investigation into Malcolm's assassination.

Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 4-16-2011 at 06:07 PM

I don't think Malcolm X would have been a good choice specifically because of his past. He did indeed change after coming back from Mecca, and I would love to have seen what could he could have brought about. The problem would have been all of the political people (aka white devils) blocking anything and everything he would want to do specifically because of his past of been outspoken against them.

Just for clarification, the white devil crack was just fer shits and giggles, I just really enjoy saying white devils. Always have for some reason. In all seriousness, white America would never have allowed a black man to have any type of power. The only person who might have stood a chance back then was MLK, hence why he was assassinated. Had to keep the status quo.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
Colin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-16-2011 at 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Discipline
I just really enjoy saying white devils.

DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-17-2011 at 09:41 AM

Quote:
I don't think Malcolm X would have been a good choice specifically because of his past. He did indeed change after coming back from Mecca, and I would love to have seen what could he could have brought about. The problem would have been all of the political people (aka white devils) blocking anything and everything he would want to do specifically because of his past of been outspoken against them.

Just for clarification, the white devil crack was just fer shits and giggles, I just really enjoy saying white devils. Always have for some reason. In all seriousness, white America would never have allowed a black man to have any type of power. The only person who might have stood a chance back then was MLK, hence why he was assassinated. Had to keep the status quo.

Well, I wasn't saying Malcolm X in particular for President... I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have run for that office ever just on principle alone. The system is now nearly identical to what it was in his day. It'd have to be changed pretty radically for a guy like that to even consider trying to change things from within.

My suggestion is it would have been better to see a strong man with similar principles and fire in the White House and giving Congress, both Dem and Repub, what for.

lifeisabitch
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-17-2011 at 01:14 PM

But my question is where is this strong man who will fight the creeps.

morgan
Posting Freak

Mood: neighbors fighting

[*] posted on 4-17-2011 at 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Blackout Colin
Quote:
I just really enjoy saying white devils.

Defintdly a phrase that doesn't get used enough in my opinion.

Support the arts, shoot a rapper.
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-17-2011 at 05:46 PM

Quote:
But my question is where is this strong man who will fight the creeps.

Who knows. To even get to that level of politics you have to make so many compromises that such a person would no longer be the guy we're looking for once he gets in the Oval Office. These guys become so beholden to corporate donors and lobbyists that they couldn't possibly ever fight for the common people.

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-17-2011 at 06:23 PM

hence my not believing in any of it.

Go To Top