Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  5    7    9  ..  14
Author: Subject: New HBO series Game of Thrones
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-6-2012 at 10:15 PM

I can't follow any of it really but I watch it with my girl when she watches it strictly for the Imp's dialogue and the gratuitous amount of beheading and tits....

all those people look the same to me.
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-7-2012 at 06:55 AM

Having read the books definitely helps. They cram so much shit in it's hard to follow without the luxury of thousands of pages...I have to give my wife updates throughout the episode as to why who just did that to who and for what because who why'd them once before they why'd someone else.

I know there's huge budgetary issues, but I really wish they'd stretch this out to the typical 12-13 episode HBO format. This season was troublesome because they crammed a whole 950ish pages into one season. They're supposedly splitting book 3 into two seasons...which clocks in at around 600 pages a season then, so hopefully there's some breathing room added.

Book 3 is pretty much regarded as the high water mark in the series, so the next two seasons should be amazing. A LOT of shit goes down.
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-7-2012 at 10:39 AM

ASOS was definitely my favorite. So much shit. Heartbreaking and just truly satisfying stuff goes down.

If ASOS is going to be season 3 and 4 then they are most likely going to combine to some degree AFFC and ADWD for season 5. You can't just go off on a tangent with characters that have only just been introduced like GRRM did in A Feast For Crows, they would lose so many viewers. They could still get season 5 and 6 out of adapting those two books, but you'd have to meld them in a way that GRRM thought wouldn't work in the novel format(which I think he was wrong... A Feast For Crows was painfully boring for me to read with the total absence of all the characters I cared about).

HBO needs to throw a shit ton of money at this thing. And add a couple episodes to the seasons too.

Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-7-2012 at 11:46 AM

They would have to combine those two into 2-3 seasons.

1. As you said...viewership would tank.
2. Their not going to give Dinklage and others a year off
3. 3 seasons stretches out their timeline giving GRRM time to actually write the next books. I'd almost guarantee the show catches up w/ the writing eventually.
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-7-2012 at 12:40 PM

Without a doubt. There's going to end up being a hiatus at some point. GRRM drags his feet too much, and while I hope the show actually helps him get cracking on the writing... I actually suspect it's going to slow him down given how involved with the show he actually is.

Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-7-2012 at 12:46 PM

I saw an interview with him a couple months back where he joked about how busy he was...saying that the interview was scheduled so long ago and that he's got like a 2 year backlog of appearances.

Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-14-2012 at 06:08 AM

http://winteriscoming.net/2012/07/season-three-casting-annou...

Pretty satisfied, though it looks like they're saving the Martels for season 4. I'd assume that means we wont be getting the Purple Wedding til then either....so the Red may be this seasons big climax.
barc0debaby
Posting Freak

Mood: Punk as Fuck

[*] posted on 7-14-2012 at 10:31 PM

DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-15-2012 at 11:23 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Jason the Magnificent  
http://winteriscoming.net/2012/07/season-three-casting-annou...

Pretty satisfied, though it looks like they're saving the Martels for season 4. I'd assume that means we wont be getting the Purple Wedding til then either....so the Red may be this seasons big climax.

So Ferb is Jojen Reed. Awesome.

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 11-15-2012 at 08:47 AM

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/game-thrones-season-3-see-promo-po...

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-15-2012 at 11:26 AM

Yep, and knowing what they've filmed for this season (in a round about sense from set info on fan sites related to the book...even though this is only "half" of book 3), people are going to shit bricks by seasons end. Going to make the end of season 1 look tame.
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-15-2012 at 06:16 PM

I haven't been following production. I'm reasonably certain this season is going to finale on the RW though.

Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-15-2012 at 08:18 PM

Bingo.

Thought maybe tyhey'd stretch that one out to S4...but I guess PW in season 4 will make people feel better...in 2 years lol.
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-16-2012 at 03:27 PM

This one is going to really test viewers, I think.

Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-2-2012 at 12:11 PM

No one will confirm it, but it's been speculated that this dude is the Bastard of Bolton, he's been very tight lipped in interviews...the interviewer here almost subliminally inserts Ramsay Bolton into the first question and dude gets a shit eating grin on his face and mentions working mostly with one actor (has to be Theon).

http://www.westeros.org/GoT/News/Entry/Iwan_Rheon_Talks_Game...

Don't know him but I can see him owning the role, just from his mannerisms in the few interviews I've seen. Assuming they're going to have to flesh out Theon's captivity since they skipped the whole Reek storyline and I doubt they're going to leave Theon off screen for a whole season completely.
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-25-2013 at 06:27 PM

The fucking BLACKFISH!

DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-26-2013 at 11:21 AM

Awesome. Missed him last season.

Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-26-2013 at 12:44 PM

How out of the park is his armor...the black scales and the black trout on the chest...

When I first saw dude that was playing him I was a little put off because he was a bit older than I had pictured...but that IS the Blackfish, I'm sold.

There's a bunch of HiRes here...Reeds, Mance (dude looks a bit portly in those furs lol), Thoros and more:

http://winteriscoming.net/2013/01/first-season-three-photos-...
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 1-26-2013 at 05:39 PM

"missed him last season?" season 2? was he in season one? i'm just now watching both seasons and i don;t recognize him. keep in mind, i didn't read the books.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-26-2013 at 07:14 PM

He wasn't in season 1, he should have been but was omitted probably because he played a minor role and his role in book 2 could most likely be condensed and transported to season 3 (if at all) in order to not have to retain a long term actor until he was really "needed" for the story. The Reeds (Jojen and Meera) for instance got the same treatment...they were kids with Bran in Winterfell and left with him when Winterfell was sacked by Theon and crew but are just appearing now in season 3.

NO spoilers....unless you plan on reading the books.

The Blackfish is Brynden Tully...Catelyn (the Stark mom's) uncle. Hoster Tully, her father, deemed him (a younger sibling) the black goat of the family after he refused a wedding arrangement for the "betterment" of the family, he took the name Blackfish since their sigil is the trout. In a nutshell he's a badass knight who aided in Roberts Rebellion and is well respected by everyone including Jaime Lannister. He first showed up in the books (at the Vale...he was an extremely high ranking knight, where Catelyns weird ass breast feeding sister lives) in book 1. He leaves the Vale after the sister refuses to send help to Robbs war effort and accompanied Catelyn around and eventually becomes crucial to a lot of his victories to this point. I'll leave the rest for the show, but that catches you up to this point.

He's a "fan favorite" in the books and there was a lot of paranoia he was going to be omitted from the show entirely...since the story is not done and we don't know where things end...with so many characters, you never know who might get chopped because they're not crucial to the final narrative.
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-26-2013 at 10:38 PM

Nailed it, Jason.

I loved the Blackfish in the books. And I was pissed that the Reeds were left out last season, I'm wondering where they'll come in now because the entire set up for their companionship with Bran was in Clash and would have been last season if they weren't nixed.

MikeFromInhuman
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-30-2013 at 02:43 PM

FYI - season 3 is not a 2 parter, it is all of book 3 in one 10 episode season...somehow.
Looks like some stuff will be left out.

Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-30-2013 at 07:19 PM

Do you have a source?

I don't think that can possibly be true. I follow several book/show related sites and have never seen mention of this anywhere prior to your post.

There's no way they're going to cram in the Red Wedding, Purple Wedding, the other wedding (that alone would all be overkill) plus all the other misc stuff I don't want to spoil in one season (not to mention what that would do to the cast for season 4).

Also, if they could cram Storm in one book...they sure as hell could cram Feast and Dance in single seasons...that means in three years (spring '15) the show is caught up with the books. We'll be lucky if Martin gets Winds of Winter out by then... never mind a Dream of Spring.

I don't think the season is technically a "two parter" but they can easily bring in elements of Feast into season 4 to fatten up the remaining season 3 stroylines and season 5 can just as easily be a hodge podge of Feast and Dance...that gives them 3-4 seasons before they're caught up with Martin at least, and by then he has to have at least one new book out.
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-30-2013 at 07:29 PM

http://hbowatch.com/george-r-r-martin-confirms-game-of-thron...

http://screenrant.com/game-thrones-season-3-4-5-details-aco-...
MikeFromInhuman
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-30-2013 at 09:52 PM

"Do you have a source?"

I work at HBO.

Pages:  1  ..  5    7    9  ..  14

Go To Top