* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 2-21-2013 at 06:15 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lifeisabitch  
thanks man I might put them up in the store later tonight
we need to find a better shipping option to Canada
the us post is charging 20.00 for priority mail now
maybe I'll send it by raven

I saw that when I was looking at the Smartees site last week. A little too procey for shipping. Isn't there a cheaper (likely slower) option?

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
lifeisabitch
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-21-2013 at 07:38 PM

https://www.usps.com/ship/first-class-package-international-...

that is the cheapest option now
no tracking and can take anywhere for a week to 3 months for delivery

Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 2-22-2013 at 12:52 PM

Shitty

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-23-2013 at 08:42 AM

Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-22-2013 at 03:59 PM

This months Rolling Stone, interview with a show writer and specifics on this seasons relation to the content of Book 3.

[Laughs] So far, the basic battle plan for the show has been "one season = one book." This year, for the first time, you'll be stopping well short of the conclusion of the volume in question. Why?

Well, A Storm of Swords is a massive volume, and it seemed like it would be shortchanging it to try to cram it into ten episodes. There are some huge scenes in that book, and I'm not just talking about action or VFX heavy stuff, though there's plenty of that. There are tons of emotionally charged, game-changing character moments, all of which have huge ramifications going forward. I think it was felt that if we piled too many of those moments on top of each other, they would lose some of their impact.

And it should be noted: We're taking the approach, from now on, that this TV series is one big adaptation of A Song of Ice and Fire, so elements from any of the books could show up in any given season, if that's what is required. That said, essentially, Season Three is about half of A Storm of Swords.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/q-a-game-of-thrones-...
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 3-22-2013 at 04:53 PM

winter is coming.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-22-2013 at 07:27 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Jason the Magnificent  

And it should be noted: We're taking the approach, from now on, that this TV series is one big adaptation of A Song of Ice and Fire, so elements from any of the books could show up in any given season

That's pretty much what they have to do now, since Book 4 and Book 5 happen simultaneously for the most part. Season 3 and 4 takes care of A Storm of Swords, and A Feast For Crows and A Dance With Dragons can be mixed together for Season 5 and 6, while trimming the fat that made me catatonic in AFFC, and hopefully GRRM will get his shit in gear and finish the series.

Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-1-2013 at 07:49 AM

Well that was about as perfect as a first episode can be considering they had to reintroduce 73 different people again to the TV audience.

Only real complaints are:

1. The Battle at the Fist being omitted, understand why...but that was a horrific brutal engagement that added a lot to the gravity of how nasty the others were. Felt cheapened by not at least showing some portions or some flashbackss of it, and turning it into a look dudes we're here and bloody. Plus, Sam and the Ravens...how the hell would anyone know he's supposed to send out the Ravens...last we saw he was hiding by a rock.

2. Them not being clear that Dany DID understand what Kraznys was saying.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 4-1-2013 at 09:00 AM

Well that was about as perfect as a first episode can be considering they had to reintroduce 73 different people again to the TV audience.

Only real complaints are:

1. The Battle at the Fist being omitted, understand why...but that was a horrific brutal engagement that added a lot to the gravity of how nasty the others were. Felt cheapened by not at least showing some portions or some flashbackss of it, and turning it into a look dudes we're here and bloody. Plus, Sam and the Ravens...how the hell would anyone know he's supposed to send out the Ravens...last we saw he was hiding by a rock.

2. Them not being clear that Dany DID understand what Kraznys was saying.

as someone who never read the books, i didn't miss any of that.

1. is that the point when the other guys from the night's watch turn up out of nowhere and save the fat hapless dude? they're all bloody and what not, but i thought the last time we saw them was when they were back at the wall?

2. previous to this, either Daenerys or Mormont have been able to understand the language of the different people they met up with, so i was surprised to see the translator. in the book she could understand that dude? it was absolutely not played out that way.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-1-2013 at 10:39 AM

1. is that the point when the other guys from the night's watch turn up out of nowhere and save the fat hapless dude? they're all bloody and what not, but i thought the last time we saw them was when they were back at the wall?

<-- yes, in a nutshell there is a brutal battle with white walkers, others, zombie bears...Sam pissing himself setting a couple ravens loose and accidentally freeing the others w/ no messages attached to them and basically a horrific massacre in the snow crippling the Watch. Sam actually stabs one, almost on accident w/ one of those Dragonglass daggers they found, earning the name 'Sam the Slayer'.

What we were treated to was Others/Walkers showing up last season...Sam hiding by a rock...all of them somehow ignoring Sam and then massacring half the Watch in the time it took for Sam to run back.

So without knowing all that was there...you wouldn't miss "it" but you miss a lot. I know they cant show every battle...they'd go broke...but a couple quick flashed sceces of people dying would make a lot more sense than 40 guys showing up with bloody foreheads.

2. previous to this, either Daenerys or Mormont have been able to understand the language of the different people they met up with, so i was surprised to see the translator. in the book she could understand that dude? it was absolutely not played out that way.[/rquote]

<---right...she knows what he's saying but he doesn't know that she can understand all the name calling and whore accusations and ridiculing. Again...this may be something that probably doesn't ever need to be included in the show...just a minor nitpick. it could also be revealed to some benefit later though.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 4-1-2013 at 04:57 PM

interesting.

1. you're right, they never really explained what happened to sam after his encounter at the end of last season. and the appearance of that second group (and their bloody foreheads) was totally unexplained.

2. they may still work her understanding of their language back in as she negotiates for the soldiers.

Vanilla Gorilla
Posting Freak

Mood: Yellow Stitches

[*] posted on 4-7-2013 at 10:56 PM

Glad they finally did some more with Brotherhood without banners, but Thoros isn't what I would have cast him as. I was wondering how they were gonna work in the Reed's glad they are now in it.

They made another reference to the Tower of Joy, they never went into much detail in the books about it other then then some short dialogue and how Howland somehow saved Eddard's life. If its not gonna be in the book I wish they would fina a way to put it in a scene

Well I've got a feeling I'm gonna get mine in. Retribution let the games begin.
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-8-2013 at 12:41 PM

I didn't mind Thoros...too early to tell how he'll end up.

Reeds were nice, ToJ reference was welcome...we're not going to get any more info on the events there other than the existing dialogue until (if) Howland Reed is actually in the story. I'm sure all the play Lyanna's promise from Ned has gotten has to be revealed at some point...assuming they're saving Reed for that.

Nice seeing Theon and Reek.

Could definitely have done without the added Catelyn monologe.

Robb has been turned into a total Twighlight/heart throb pussy. Hopefully the Tully's and Riverrun help make him more of a sympathetic character or I'll be having a hurry up RW party.
Vanilla Gorilla
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-8-2013 at 08:33 PM

looking forward to the next episode with the unsullied. some of the storyline in the later books was kind of boring but Barristan Selmy is now in play so thats always good

Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-9-2013 at 07:02 AM

I think the Unsullied "event" is episode 4, so this week may be the bartering/deal portion.
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-15-2013 at 07:59 AM

Perfection.

Stannis looks like a little bitch...but maybe they have a point to that...eventually?

Other than that, holy shit.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 4-15-2013 at 06:32 PM

great episode.
love that i get to watch Vikings immediately afterward.

Vanilla Gorilla
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-15-2013 at 08:22 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BDx13  
great episode.
love that i get to watch Vikings immediately afterward.

Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-16-2013 at 06:16 AM

Is that show any good? I saw a making of/trailer thing before a movie and it looked like it was a Lifetime Channel movie about Vikings...
Vanilla Gorilla
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-16-2013 at 10:04 AM

I was suprised that it is actually good. I don't know if it is something that will last for a long time.

Vanilla Gorilla
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-16-2013 at 11:48 AM

DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-16-2013 at 04:53 PM

That took me so off guard last night. Hahaha. I thought that someone was fucking with me.

Vanilla Gorilla
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-16-2013 at 07:21 PM

i think its funny people are complaining about it. saying it shouldn't be a modern version of a song. I liked how it contrasted and who the fuck wants to hear a lute. People take their nerdery way to far with this show, but thats probably true with anything based on books. I read the books and liked them but i don't need everything to feel like it was exactly out of the book.

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 4-16-2013 at 09:33 PM

Is that show any good? I saw a making of/trailer thing before a movie and it looked like it was a Lifetime Channel movie about Vikings...

i can see where you'd get that - in part because it's on the history channel and in part because those behind that scenes footage is goofy. i was totally skeptical going in, what with the goofy history channel billboards all over nyc.

but my wife wanted to watch it and i'm glad i gave it a chance. awesome double header on sunday nights!

Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-17-2013 at 07:52 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Vanilla Gorilla  
i think its funny people are complaining about it. saying it shouldn't be a modern version of a song. I liked how it contrasted and who the fuck wants to hear a lute. People take their nerdery way to far with this show, but thats probably true with anything based on books. I read the books and liked them but i don't need everything to feel like it was exactly out of the book.

I thought that was great. That was such a huge moment. Some introspective lute passage afterwards would have been nothing. But you got a one two punch there. Jaime's loss and then BAM that song. I know people dont want the show to "belong" to anyone but them but this show is huge and the writers/producers clearly having fun making it.

Maybe these people never bitched about Sid Vicious at the end of Goodfellas?

Of course most people in the fan forums have such a tremendous stick up their ass having a "modern song" is inexcusable...taking them out of the moment...even though the synth song during the beginning credits and every other end credit song using electric instruments never gets a mention.

I love the books and show and frequent a lot of those forums myself...it make me feel like less of a nerd when I see people stroke out about shit like Roose Boltons wrong eye color ruing their immersion.

I think forums and Facebook in general give too many lame people opinions.
 Pages:  1  ..  7    9    11  ..  14

Go To Top