Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  8    10    12  ..  14
Author: Subject: New HBO series Game of Thrones
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-6-2013 at 10:22 AM

Well, I think we can safely say that we’re not getting the full 3rd book this season now, thankfully.

Overall it’s been pretty damn good. Some stuff I’m not fond of like the Blackfish coming off as a bully towards Edmure…and the huge waste of time on shit like Meera and Osha bickering when at this point theyre not even together in the books. There’s not much story to tell w/ Bran right now…but wasting what there is on non existent content…

Some of the show created content, or characters who have been beefed up from the books have worked though. Olenna Tyrell has been amazing. The Thoros of Myr extra stuff has been stellar. Loving seeing what happened behind the scenes in the books to Theon…even though I’m amazed people haven’t picked up on who his captor is yet with all the extremely blatant hints they’ve been dropping.

The Hound vs Beric was classic…even if they left out arguably one of the best one liners in the entire book from the Hound before the fight.

Dany’s story has even been moving along nicely. 3 more episodes and shits about to get real.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 5-7-2013 at 06:30 PM

i'm enjoying the shit outta the show. never read the books, so no point of comparison.

Emma Peel (Olenna Tyrell) is highly entertaining.

NO idea who Theon's captor is.

the dragon story line is definitely the least interesting to me at the moment. i get it. and i expect it has potential, but right now it's not doing much for me. except for the fat guy in the north with the woman the newborn. not interested.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-18-2013 at 09:09 PM

REEK!

Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-19-2013 at 01:57 AM

...It rhymes with...who stole the Northern Bannermen!
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 5-20-2013 at 10:14 PM

SO many simultaneous story lines!

Quote: Originally posted by Jason the Magnificent  

hahaha, man i have to google half the shit you guys post as it is just so i can keep everything straight!

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-21-2013 at 06:14 AM

hahaha, man i have to google half the shit you guys post as it is just so i can keep everything straight![/rquote]

man I watch this show every week and I can't keep any of it straight.
My girl is like what can't you remember? I'm like, well...the plot?

I might have to break down and read the story line online.

DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-21-2013 at 06:34 AM

Don't spoil yourself. You just need a character guide.

Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-21-2013 at 06:58 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BDx13  
SO many simultaneous story lines!

Quote: Originally posted by Jason the Magnificent  

hahaha, man i have to google half the shit you guys post as it is just so i can keep everything straight!

lol...I'm just grumpy because they've reduced Robb's army to his mom and two Uncles.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 5-21-2013 at 11:37 AM

I love the show so much. Not too many shows out there these days that I NEED to see. I hope it makes it until the end of the book series.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-21-2013 at 12:10 PM

I have a feeling the show will complete the story well before the books do. This show is a cash cow for HBO...that doesn't mean they'll let it run forever but I bet the get a solid 7-8 seasons out of it....that's 8 seasons would be 5 years from now....there's no way GRRM gets 2 more books out in 5 years. I figure the next book is out in maybe 2 years...so even if the last book (book 7) does come out 2 years after that...some stuff from that "book" is going to be on screen before its in print plot wise.

I know that the guy has a life....but this is way beyond that, this, whether he likes it or not is his life's great work. He's going to be remembered for this more than anything else...it annoys the piss out of me that he's got time for 200 appearances a year, producing other HBO shows, writing reviews of movies on his blog etc etc. He needs to get crackin.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

[*] posted on 5-21-2013 at 07:42 PM

He does seem to take his time.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
lifeisabitch
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-2-2013 at 11:35 PM

Fuck Fuck Fuck, and I knew it was coming

MikeFromInhuman
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-3-2013 at 01:04 AM

Seeing it play out was DEVASTATING.
Wow.
Scumbag Fray's and Bolton's.

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 6-3-2013 at 08:55 PM

they are not afraid of mixing up the cast of characters on this show.

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-3-2013 at 09:30 PM

I fell asleep per usual......I am old
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

[*] posted on 6-12-2013 at 12:12 AM

Just got caught up on the last two episodes for this season and I was blown away. So glad I didn't read the books first for once. That shit was fucking crazy. I had thought something might happen because Robb broke his promise to Fray, but that was fucking nuts. It's going to suck having to wait forever for the next season.

Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-13-2013 at 07:40 AM

Yes it will...and the north remembers.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

[*] posted on 6-13-2013 at 11:44 AM

I'm sure they will, and I look forward to it.

Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-13-2013 at 12:30 PM

The only real problem I had with this season (I've mentioned it to some extent previously) was the utter absence of northern lords as related to the Red Wedding. I'm sure some of this will be explained away later on when needed in a few lines of dialogue...but as horrific as their deaths were, Robb and Cat and a few nameless extras didn't have the same impact as almost every northern house having their lord either captured or killed.

Robbs army, unfortunately, seemed to consist of his mom and two uncles, with Roose on the loose off in Harrenhal working on his business. Everyone died in the RW in the books, but people were fighting with everything they had to save Robb...it just felt cheapened (and I LOVED the shows translation). Dozens of northern houses were betrayed by House Bolton and Frey...it left a lot of people pissed off and the Frey's lost the respect of basically everyone in the realm for their violation of guest rights.

I guess they have to leave it somewhat ambiguous, as by the time some or any of the related storylines come to pass (if they do come to pass in the show translation) they may have had to recast the actor 5 times.

I know they have limited resources, but they even cast one of them, Wendel Manderly (fat guy with handle bar mustache and no lines, looking drunk) and no one but a book reader would ever have any idea who he is...we could have literally spent 1 extra minute in each Robb scene introducing a few other people, even if they did end up casualties.

The episodes were reportedly going to be longer this season, but they all still fell into the 55 minute region.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

[*] posted on 6-14-2013 at 01:19 AM

It may sound silly, but I'm just really glad that Arya is still alive and kicking. I love the character and I can't wait to see what happens with her. I've made it a point with this series to not read the books ahead of the show. When the show came out I was hooked straight away, but instead of reading ahead I've read the first two books after the season aired, since normally I'm disappointed when a book I enjoy is filmed for a movie or TV show. I'm dying to see what happens, so I may have to read ahead now.

Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-14-2013 at 08:00 AM

Yeah there's quite a few major events still going to happen from book 3 next season...so reading that would definitely spoil season 4...I wouldn't have the patience to wait myself, lol.

Book 4 is good, but it introduces a whole slew of new characters (he split book 4 & 5 up between regions rather than dividing it in half chronologically). So in book 4 you get 30% of the existing characters and 70% of "new" ones and book 5 is the opposite of that.

Interested to see how all that is streamlined into the shows.
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-17-2013 at 05:33 AM

This may sound silly but.... the way the seemingly mindless brown slaves started worshipping Danearys was the most racist shit I have ever seen on TV.

Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-17-2013 at 12:55 PM

What color should they have been to not offend our delicate sensibilities?
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-17-2013 at 03:46 PM

I fell asleep before I could get offended......
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

[*] posted on 6-17-2013 at 05:32 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DaveMoral  
This may sound silly but.... the way the seemingly mindless brown slaves started worshipping Danearys was the most racist shit I have ever seen on TV.

She gave them freedom, why wouldn't they love her? Nobody HAD to join her, it was their own decision. Plus, she has dragons. I would want to stay on her good side in that situation.

Pages:  1  ..  8    10    12  ..  14

Go To Top